My personal opinion of the Totally Wicked Tornado and the 401 its replacing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladydeth

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
PA
I've had my Tornado for about two hours.....but so far.....it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I only have a 401 to compare it to, so I will give a bit of info about it.

The 401 got me off analogs, so I love it, no matter how much work it ended up being.
First, its positives:

it looks like a real cig
its very light and can be held with teeth
parts are fairly easy to get, and pretty cheap
some people prefer 3 piece units
the learning curve is easy to pick up, but Im a techy....some people may have issues.
fits in your pocket with minimal triggering, auto and manual
dipping and dripping work great on the exposed atomizer
easy to clean (boiling and the cold burn method)

now, the negatives:

its battery connectors must be cleaned daily (i did it with each change out)
it only has about a 2 hr charge, but a PT or a PCC will fix that
no cartomizers, but not everyone will agree that its a negative feature
dipping and dripping are not recommended, as the batteries can die from excess fluid
its a 3 piece (ended up being its downfall)
auto bats can be very sensitive to sound and wind

Now to the Tornado.

The price was very decent and parts are easy to get, as they are the same as the RIVA.
I bought some Titan/Tornado cartos to try out, but the kit came with 510 attys and prefilled carts.
Both work extremely well compared to the 401 and its finicky atomizer and wicking carts.
I personally love cartos and can't see ever going back to dripping or filling carts.
I also drive 3+ hrs a day, and dipping and dripping is a very bad idea behind the wheel.
Its a bit hefty, but can still be held between your teeth.
Its not much bigger than the 401 in length, but its at least double the girth.
I can not compare its battery life, as I havent had it more than a day.
It did, however, make it to PA from Canada (about 2 weeks, bought thru the classifieds here) and still had a charge.
The button on one of the batteries feels a bit flimsy, but the other one it came with doesn't and neither does the red spare I bought.

I vaped a bit of the prefilled cartos (med tobacco) and then added some Ms T's to it.....yum Blackberry pie with ice cream.
The throat hit on it is very strong....and might take me a bit of getting used to.
I would compare it to the hit off of a Marlboro Red, where the 401 hits like a Medium or a Light.

I will come back tomorrow or Sat and throw in my two cents on battery and carto life.

Thanks all!

Last edited:

ladydeth

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
PA
Hi Everyone!

Thus far.....the only disappointment I have is that the cartos I bought were plastic, and I didnt notice until I boiled them.
Im slowly working on the regular Boges cartomizers...they are pretty harsh but I think they just need to be broken in.
Battery life is amazing! I havent had one die on me yet. I rotate between 3, all Tornado brand.
I do believe my next purchase of batteries will be from CoV, as Bruce has 750mah Rivas.

I ordered some 3 ohm E2s so I will update this post when I get a chance to try them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread