My very first post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter6190

May 14, 2012
USA
Hello everyone! I am brand new to the fascinating world of vaping! Currently I am using a horrible $5 e-cig thats is just terrible and unfortunately I am still using analogs at the same time due to its terrible quality (but what did I expect for $5?). I am waiting on a ego-c that i ordered and also a fancy looking atomizer. I was hoping to jump right into modding and I am wondering what are some good mods to get the most out of my ego-c when it arrives? I have also ordered a boat load of Juices to go along with it. Thanks for any help guys! here are some pics of what I ordered.

Renzuli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2011
North Las Vegas
Welcome , but not a lot of things , to mod on an EGO , But in your favor , there are lots of carto's , atty's , tank/carto's , etc that you can play with . Besides the vision , there is other tank/carto's out there , I know Got vapes has one , but I can't think of the name , off the top of my head , but it is designed specifically for the EGO's . And there's even a YouTube video , on m ding it .Get a few more posts (5) under your belt , then you can go haunt the modders area .

Hunter6190

May 14, 2012
USA
Thanks for the suggestions guys! I'm glad I made the decision to actually become active in the forum (instead of juts stalking it like i have been for a few days) I definitely want to look cartomizers and stuff before i try to replace the wick. on top off those what are some things that I can do to get more vapor production and throat hit?

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
Thanks for the suggestions guys! I'm glad I made the decision to actually become active in the forum (instead of juts stalking it like i have been for a few days) I definitely want to look cartomizers and stuff before i try to replace the wick. on top off those what are some things that I can do to get more vapor production and throat hit?

LR cartomizers are for a warmer vapor, your juice is where you'll find the difference in TH and vapor
pg=flavor
nic=TH
vg=vapor

Last edited:

Tezcatlipoca

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2012
Riverside, CA
I think you're off to a great start with the eGo-C and the Vision clearomizers! That's what I've been using, and I think it's a great set up -- the small eGo-C tanks when you just want some of a flavor, and the Vision clearos for flavors that you tend to vape more. I agree that low-resistance is the way to go, though. It burns through the juice a little faster, but stronger flavor and throat hit.

There are a lot of options with the eGo. If you want to play around with variable voltage, they just came out with the eGo-C Twist battery, which I've been playing with lately. My new favorite toy is the A2-T from Bulli-Smoker. It works on the same principles as the eGo-C, but the atomizer is rebuildable. They're a little pricey, not always available, and you have to wait for them to come from Germany, but they're really slick!

Tezcatlipoca

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2012
Riverside, CA
For the Vision Clearomizer (aka the Stardust, but I think that only one or two of the companies that sell them call them that), many companies offer a low-resistance version. Sometimes it's just listed by the ohm rating, which is 2.1-2.4 ohms, as opposed to the standard 2.5-2.9 ohms. Cignot, where replacement atomizers for my eGo-C sells low-resistance atomizer heads, as well as standard resistance. For the Bulli A2-TM, all I have to do is wrap the wire around the wicking material four times instead of five to get low resistance! :) If you wanted to go cheap, order a low-restance Vision and see how you like it. If you want low-resistance attys for your eGo-C tank system, you could order a blister pack of 5 replacements that will generally run you about $25 + shipping. You'll probably need replacements anyway down the road, if you haven't bought some already.

Reidus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
New Orleans, LA
Welcome! The lowest ohms on the clearomizer is 2.0-2.2, I think. If you go the carto route, your ego-c could handle as low as a 1.5ohm LR without problem. There's a whole bunch of threads here talking about LRs, etc. and one of the best videos on the subject is by Steeljan over on you tube. Just go there and search for Steeljan. It's on the second page of her channel. I think of it as vaping for dummies, lol. She even brings her toaster.

LLRICKMAN

May 15, 2012
ALBUQUERQUE, NM
Hello everyone! I am brand new to the fascinating world of vaping! Currently I am using a horrible $5 e-cig thats is just terrible and unfortunately I am still using analogs at the same time due to its terrible quality (but what did I expect for $5?). I am waiting on a ego-c that i ordered and also a fancy looking atomizer. I was hoping to jump right into modding and I am wondering what are some good mods to get the most out of my ego-c when it arrives? I have also ordered a boat load of Juices to go along with it. Thanks for any help guys! here are some pics of what I ordered.

Your gonna love that vision carto. I just picked one up yesterday along with a new Lavatube vv unit so far its great

Tezcatlipoca

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2012
Riverside, CA
My birthday is coming up in about 2 weeks. I'm thinking of asking for a Lavatube actually.

FYI, Crystal Clear Vaping and Smoke For Pennies, and possibly others have the new version of the Lavatube called the 1.5 (goes by various names, but it's the 1.5 version of the Lavatube without the trademarked name). It's reasonably priced and looks like it has a few nice extra features over the original!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread