Need 18650 Battery to Support .2ohm Coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImaStarreVap3r

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
SoCal
I started this thread because I'm about to be vaping a .2ohm coil on my Starre tank but I don't I have a battery that can handle that amount of Amps. I have a Efest 35A battery but I heard those are just re-wrapped LG HE2's and those will not support a .2 ohm coil based on the battery drain calculator from Steam Engine when vaping @ 75 watts. I'm confused and frustrated about all these battery companies listing inaccurate/misleading info on their batteries and I'm honestly concerned about my safety when I start vaping this .2ohm coil. I have looked at several other posts on high drain batteries but it just looks like pages upon pages of people arguing over the actual statics of the batteries. If you know of a battery that can handle a .2 ohm coil @ 75-90 watts please let me know and post a link of where I can buy a legit one. Thanks

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Regulated....BEC Pro

OK. The BEC Pro that I found through Google is a 50 watt max device. If you set 50 watts, it doesn't mater what resistance your atty is, it will put out 50 watts as long as the resistance is in the correct range - not too high or too low. Looking at the Steam Engine battery drain calculator, at 50 watts setting, APV efficiency of 85% (doesn't go lower than that) and Battery voltage of 3V (doesn't go lower than that) you'll be drawing 19.61A from the battery.

If there is a BEC Pro that does 75 watts, you're drawing 29.41A in the same situation.

If I were never going to go over 50 watts I would buy Samsung 25R, 20A batts. If I were going to ever go over 50 watts I would get the VTC4 30A batts from Illumination supply or RTD Vapor. The nice thing about having the 30A batts is that they'll handle anything a 75 watt mod can throw at them so you don't have to worry about what power you set.

You'll find links to these suppliers in your last thread :)

ImaStarreVap3r

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
SoCal
OK. The BEC Pro that I found through Google is a 50 watt max device. If you set 50 watts, it doesn't mater what resistance your atty is, it will put out 50 watts as long as the resistance is in the correct range - not too high or too low. Looking at the Steam Engine battery drain calculator, at 50 watts setting, APV efficiency of 85% (doesn't go lower than that) and Battery voltage of 3V (doesn't go lower than that) you'll be drawing 19.61A from the battery.

If there is a BEC Pro that does 75 watts, you're drawing 29.41A in the same situation.

If I were never going to go over 50 watts I would buy Samsung 25R, 20A batts. If I were going to ever go over 50 watts I would get the VTC4 30A batts from Illumination supply or RTD Vapor. The nice thing about having the 30A batts is that they'll handle anything a 75 watt mod can throw at them so you don't have to worry about what power you set.

You'll find links to these suppliers in your last thread :)

Ha, yes I am aware it only goes up to 50 watts for right now. I spoke with someone from Smok and there will be a 100 watt upgrade to it within the next 2 weeks. I will be vaping the starre at around 75 watts with the .2ohm coil installed. Who knows though, maybe I might want to take it up to 100 watts to try it out but I just don't want to worry about what my current battery can handle. I want to get passed that and not have to worry. I see all these people vaping the Arctic tank (also .2ohm coil) with a 18650 battery and taking it up to 100+ watts and I don't understand what all those people are using. Are they all using a VCT4?? That can't be.

ImaStarreVap3r

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
SoCal
.2 at 50w is going to be super hot. You dont need to build that low for your mod. 1-1.6ohm coil at 50w is alot nicer of a vape to most then a .2 at 50w. The ramp up time on regulated boxes changes everything.

Sorry I know ive been all on the high oohm, high watt builds lately.

Thanks but this is a little different because I'm using premade coils on a subohm tank and they are made to vape at around 75 watts.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Ha, yes I am aware it only goes up to 50 watts for right now. I spoke with someone from Smok and there will be a 100 watt upgrade to it within the next 2 weeks. I will be vaping the starre at around 75 watts with the .2ohm coil installed. Who knows though, maybe I might want to take it up to 100 watts to try it out but I just don't want to worry about what my current battery can handle. I want to get passed that and not have to worry. I see all these people vaping the Arctic tank (also .2ohm coil) with a 18650 battery and taking it up to 100+ watts and I don't understand what all those people are using. Are they all using a VCT4?? That can't be.

They are using dual battery APV's with better / safer / more efficient & accurate chip sets or mechanical with 30a CDR battery(s).
Using any single 18650 battery with a .2Ω coil battery life is going to be fairly short.

Always best to buy batteries from reputable dealers / vendors such as;
RTD Vapor
Illumination Supply
Lighthound
Orbtronics

30a CDR batteries,
VTC4 2100 mah 30a cdr
Xtar 2100mah 30a cdr ( re wrapped vtc4)
Orbtronic sx30 2100mah 30a cdr

20a CDR
AW 1600mah 24a cdr
Samsung 20r 2000mah 22a cdr
AW 2200mah 20a cdr
Samsung 25r 2500 mah 20a cdr
LG he2 / he4 2500mah 20a cdr (same battery re wrapped and mislabeled by efest as 35a)

Last edited:

ImaStarreVap3r

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
SoCal
They are using dual battery APV's with better / safer / more efficient & accurate chip sets or mechanical with 30a CDR battery(s).
Using any single 18650 battery with a .2Ω coil battery life is going to be fairly short.

Always best to buy batteries from reputable dealers / vendors such as;
RTD Vapor
Illumination Supply
Lighthound
Orbtronics

30a CDR batteries,
VTC4 2100 mah 30a cdr
Xtar 2100mah 30a cdr ( re wrapped vtc4)
Orbtronic sx30 2100mah 30a cdr

20a CDR
AW 1600mah 24a cdr
Samsung 20r 2000mah 22a cdr
AW 2200mah 20a cdr
Samsung 25r 2500 mah 20a cdr
LG he2 / he4 2500mah 20a cdr (same battery re wrapped and mislabeled by efest as 35a)

THANK YOU!! Finally someone gives me some batteries to look at and I know the battery life is going to be fairly short using (1) 18650 but I can't use a box mod. They look ugly and they are way to bulky and just....no. My BEC Pro looks sick, its very portable, it has tons of cool features, it will go up to 100 watts, and performs great with the exception to a shorter battery life which I'm ok with. I'm not sure how much experience you have with all those batteries but which one would you say lasts the longest?

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Ha, yes I am aware it only goes up to 50 watts for right now. I spoke with someone from Smok and there will be a 100 watt upgrade to it within the next 2 weeks.

As far as I know, all 100 watt devices on the market today have two batteries in them, splitting the amp draw between them. 100 watts does draw over 30 amps from a single battery, so it does make sense that two batts would be the norm.

Last edited:

ImaStarreVap3r

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
SoCal
As far as I know, all 100 watt devices on the market today have two batteries in them, splitting the amp draw between them. 100 watts does draw over 30 amps from a single battery, so it does make sense that two batts would be the norm.

Yeah I understand that completely but as I said before I just can't use a box mod for all the reason I listed in my previous posts.

jhelliwell

Fog master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Sheffielld, UK
But aren't we missing the point? People sub ohm on mechs to get high powered vaping. People on regulated devices are better off at above 1 ohm so they get more coil surface area and can turn the power up to get a superior vape. I just dual coiled my Mutation X at 1.1ohms and turned the power up to 26W and completely fogged the entire house out in 2 minutes flat. If that dripper had been on a mech I would have coiled it at .5 to get a similar vape but there a fewer wraps on the coils so they are less efficient at vaporising the eliquid

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
If that dripper had been on a mech I would have coiled it at .5 to get a similar vape but there a fewer wraps on the coils so they are less efficient at vaporising the eliquid
This is why different gauges of wire with different resistances exist, you don't have to have fewer wraps to get 0.5 ohms like you said.

Edit: You can coil a 0.5 ohm dual coil set up that has 10 wraps per side if you'd like, it's all in choosing the correct wire for the build and type of vape you're looking for.

Last edited:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Seriously hope you decide you need to LEARN more and upgrade to something that will meet your expectations without risking injury.

People that have at this for quite a while are trying to help and you seem oblivious.

Are your pre-made .2ohm coils Pre-installed at the local B&M or do you install them?
If you install them, why not just buy the Proper Coils for your Device/Battery usage?

Last edited:

ImaStarreVap3r

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
SoCal
Seriously hope you decide you need to LEARN more and upgrade to something that will meet you expectations without risking injury.

People that have at this for quite a while are trying to help and you seem oblivious.

Are your pre-made .2ohm coils Pre-installed at the local B&M or do you install them?
If you install them, why not just buy the Proper Coils for your Device/Battery usage?

I am well aware of what I need and I appreciate people helping. The .2 ohm coil produces much better flavor and vapor production than the .5 ohm coils and that's what I'm after. I'm not sure if you are confused about what I am using so I'll explain it. I'm using a sub ohm tank with .2 ohm coils. I'm not rebuilding and I will never rebuild because there is no need to do that anymore with these tanks coming out unless. I defiantly want a regulated device because I want to see what I am vaping and be able to increase and decrease wattage/voltage. My BEC Pro also gives me tons of really cool features that I would never have with a mech mod so no matter what I will be sticking with a regulated mod. Now the problem I am having is I don't want a box mod which just about everyone who is sub ohming on these tanks at .2 ohms is using. Those people don't have to worry nearly as much as I do because they are using 2 18650 batteries which splits the amp pull from each battery. You probably know all this already since you are a ECF Veteran but I'm just explaining my situation. A VCT 4 will do the job as long as I don't go over 80 watts or so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread