Need help picking a new Box Mod AVP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EolasTear

Jul 2, 2009
So, I have been vaping consistently for roughly a few years. I started long ago when ecigs first came on the scene with a KR808-1 and using refillable cartos. Quickly gave that up, way too much hassle and mess. My first upgrade was to an eGo Twist with CE5 Clearomizers. The eGo Twist worked great but I spent the next year trying out new tanks until I eventually settled on the Vivi Nova. Next I bumped up to my first VV device, the Innokin MVP. I combined that with a Kanger Protank II and that was my go to setup for about a year. Last month I then upgraded to my first VV/VW device, the MVP 2. I also picked up my first RBA in the kayfun Lite Clone from Tobeco. This is my current setup.

Now that I have ventured into the RBA world I am now realizing that I will likely need an AVP that is just a little bit stronger than my current MVP 2. I am interested in getting opinions on what others feel are the best box mod AVPs out right now (I don't really like the cylindrical style). I have read about mods like the Innokin VTR, Smoktech Groove 2, Reo Grand, Nhaler Opus, etc. Curious what others think of these devices, how they compare to each other, and recommendations based on experience with any.

Thanks in advance!

Funk Dracula

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Earth
Well, if your looking for more regulated power in a box mod format than have a gander at a Hana Modz V3, or a Vaporshark. They are both DNA30 devices.

Hana Modz homepage--> Home

Vapor Shark DNA Buy Now!

The Reo is an excellent device, and the only one I personally use; but it is kind of it's "own thing" in that it's a bottom feeder and a mechanical, and I get the impression that is not what your looking for. If your curious to learn more about the Reo just lurk around or feel free to ask any questions about it in the Reo sub-forum.

Reos Mods

ck32250

Dec 19, 2013
Jacksonville, FL
Comparing just the battery capacities I believe the MVP V2 is 2600MAH vs whatever you decide to use with the Hana V3 (you supply the 18650 size battery). I think most of mine are 2800MAH. Another thing to factor in is that you will likely be using more wattage on the Hana so this will shorten your charge cycle. Also worth noting the you can prob get a better quality battery for the Hana than the built in one in the MVP2, maybe lasting longer with more cycles, plus you just put a new battery in your Hana when one gets old.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
+1 for the Reo idea.

With an atty as a topper, it's essentially a dripper with the bottle built in (you bottom feed juice up into the atty by squeezing it). It's different, as noted above, but very convenient, as well as easy to build on (easier than your KFL) and nigh indestructible.

Like many who get one, it's the only device I vape on, after having tried APV's and mechs of all sorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread