Need Some Help Finding A New Mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So recently I found out my Nemesis is a clone 2 high was quite unfortunate, but nevertheless it was a good starter mod. I need to get an upgrade from it..I hate the look of it (boring) I hate all the springs (obvious reasons) ...I prefer copper mods but I'll look into others as well black ..steel not so much. I am just so confused with so many out there I don't know which one. I'm a cloud guy as well I know that matters too. Thankyou so much and have a wonderful weekend everyone!

CptJYossarian

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2014
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
That's tough, your criteria is pretty open-ended :p

I personally love the Nemesis design. I cross threaded my locking ring on my brass one last week like an idiot :)() so I ordered a copper nemmy clone. Always get magnets for the nemesis tho.

If you want something simple, get a Stingray. They're sleaker nemesises with magnets usually built in. fasttech has a stingray X which, honestly, is probably the best clone I've ever gotten. It works so damn well, and looks so damn good.

If you want something a bit more...finnicky, I really like the Akuma mechs. The magnetic button on them is heavenly (though watch out for the V1 authentic, they had bad buttons). Dealing with the contact posts is somewhat of a pain however on the go, so I usually leave it at home.

I also really like the design of the Manhattan and love the button on it. However, I dislike Amerivape so I'd only get a clone of that one.

Any particular things you're looking for?

That's tough, your criteria is pretty open-ended :p

I personally love the Nemesis design. I cross threaded my locking ring on my brass one last week like an idiot :)() so I ordered a copper nemmy clone. Always get magnets for the nemesis tho.

If you want something simple, get a Stingray. They're sleaker nemesises with magnets usually built in. Fasttech has a stingray X which, honestly, is probably the best clone I've ever gotten. It works so damn well, and looks so damn good.

If you want something a bit more...finnicky, I really like the Akuma mechs. The magnetic button on them is heavenly (though watch out for the V1 authentic, they had bad buttons). Dealing with the contact posts is somewhat of a pain however on the go, so I usually leave it at home.

I also really like the design of the Manhattan and love the button on it. However, I dislike Amerivape so I'd only get a clone of that one.

Any particular things you're looking for?

No nothing in particular just don't like my Nemesis anymore..I do like the stingray and Manhattan both are very sexy!

yoitstj

Verified Member
Aug 12, 2014
Albany, NY
Are you looking for another clone or an authentic? Mechanical or regulated? Box or tube? So many options. For mechanical low budget I really like the Doomsday mod. American made authentic for $120. Slightly higher budget The Rig mod copper or brass around $180-$200. I'm currently using Vapor Shark rDNA $180 (18650 version) and absolutely loving it. For a regulated small box mod on a budget I like the new eleaf istick its variable wattage for under $50. Hope some of this helps you find what you're looking for.

Wraith504

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
New Orleans, LA
Being a "cloud" guy doesnt matter at all. Pretty much all mechanical mods are going to do the same thing which is supply voltage to your atomizer. Its your atty and your coil build and wick and juice and drip tip that are going to make the difference not your mod. Your senses arent keen enough to pick up the difference in voltage drop between most mechanical mods. Sorry to burst your bubble there.

Are you looking for another clone or an authentic? Mechanical or regulated? Box or tube? So many options. For mechanical low budget I really like the Doomsday mod. American made authentic for $120. Slightly higher budget The Rig mod copper or brass around $180-$200. I'm currently using Vapor Shark rDNA $180 (18650 version) and absolutely loving it. For a regulated small box mod on a budget I like the new eleaf istick its variable wattage for under $50. Hope some of this helps you find what you're looking for.
Thankyou for all the suggestions!Im looking into authentic's tube mods. Ill look into them ! Thankyou so much I do like The Rig And Doomsday !
Being a "cloud" guy doesnt matter at all. Pretty much all mechanical mods are going to do the same thing which is supply voltage to your atomizer. Its your atty and your coil build and wick and juice and drip tip that are going to make the difference not your mod. Your senses arent keen enough to pick up the difference in voltage drop between most mechanical mods. Sorry to burst your bubble there.
OKay? thanks I guess.
Love the Stingrays. Magnetic button, floating pin. Venting in top cap, which could be important if the battery goes haywire. I have a black copper and want an X.
Yea stingrays are super sexy as well... so many choices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread