Need some help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TronCat

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2015
Canada
Hey guys,

I recently bought myself a mutation x v4 (it's amazing so far), but I've found a few problems with my setup.

I have been running a Kangertech subtank mini on my King Clone Mech mod and have had no problems but with this mutation my trigger button has been really REALLY hot and don't know how to fix it.

Also, one coil seems to be vaping faster than the other one...

I really don't want my mech mod to blow up so should I get myself a box mod that can handle both my subtank and my mutation or is there anything I can do to fix these problems?

jaynole

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2012
Lakeland, Fl
If a dual coil setup is not burning evenly then one of the coils is lose...which may be shorting the mod... Your button should not be hot... I've been using mec's for 3 years.... Many different kinds, from my high end GP Paps to my hcigar clones... I've never experienced a hot button... Try a different coil or tank... Make sure nothing is shorting the battery... Make sure the 510 connection on the tank is in good condition and contacting the pin properly... The last thing you want or need is a vented battery or worse... I wish I could help you more... Be safe and Goodluck.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
I'd say you have a short. Whether you clipped a lead and tightened it too tight.
Or a coil is touching the top cap. Did you check the resistance with an ohm meter with and without the top cap on?

Your button should never get hot, and usually only does with a short. I've never once had a hot button when I was using mech mods. .

Reactions: jaynole

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Hey guys,

I recently bought myself a mutation x v4 (it's amazing so far), but I've found a few problems with my setup.

I have been running a Kangertech subtank mini on my King Clone Mech Mod and have had no problems but with this mutation my trigger button has been really REALLY hot and don't know how to fix it.

Also, one coil seems to be vaping faster than the other one...

I really don't want my mech mod to blow up so should I get myself a box mod that can handle both my subtank and my mutation or is there anything I can do to fix these problems?

Maybe you're running a 0.1 ohm coil.
Sounds like you don't know.

use the steam engine coil calculator when building your coil.

and make sure your coils cannot contact the topcap or sidewalls of the rda when you put them over the coil

TronCat

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2015
Canada
If a dual coil setup is not burning evenly then one of the coils is lose...which may be shorting the mod... Your button should not be hot... I've been using mec's for 3 years.... Many different kinds, from my high end GP Paps to my hcigar clones... I've never experienced a hot button... Try a different coil or tank... Make sure nothing is shorting the battery... Make sure the 510 connection on the tank is in good condition and contacting the pin properly... The last thing you want or need is a vented battery or worse... I wish I could help you more... Be safe and Goodluck.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I'd say you have a short. Whether you clipped a lead and tightened it too tight.
Or a coil is touching the top cap. Did you check the resistance with an ohm meter with and without the top cap on?

Your button should never get hot, and usually only does with a short. I've never once had a hot button when I was using mech mods. .

I got it done by the guy at the store, I'm going to go to him today and fix it, thank you for your help!

TronCat

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2015
Canada
Maybe you're running a 0.1 ohm coil.
Sounds like you don't know.

use the steam engine coil calculator when building your coil.

and make sure your coils cannot contact the topcap or sidewalls of the rda when you put them over the coil

I dont know what I'm running the guy at the store did it, I should've asked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread