New break throu in e-cig technolog.... scams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Got the following emai:

Good morning,

You've been pre-qualified for a brand new e-cig model
from BigVape . These new models can last up to 20x longer
than other e-cig brands..You can go here to get more
information about how you can get a risk free trial.

- New redesigned e-cig model ($75+ in stores)

- #1 rated tasting e-liquid. Rechargeable and refillable.

- Limited trials are available. See the Vapex homepage for details.

Enjoy,

Try E-Cig Now

Had to laugh my asz off, checked it out and it was an ego style battery and a 650mha ego battery at that, with a clearomizer and ego case, and the usual usb charger. What was extremely funny was that the tanks held up to the equivalent of 4 packs of smokes. Had all sorts of claim, they even have the best tasting cigarette e-juice known to man kind or something like that.

Tried to find their web site, mainly found links to there free sample, shipping only bla blaa blaaa. Where sure it's free for 15 days, then if not returned they charge your account $75 or some such.

Ooohh break through in electric cigarette technology, And they show me a single fracking 650mha ego and cheap plastic clearomizer. Made me laugh so hard just had to share.

[/FONT]
:vapor:

Last edited:

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
I bet the pics of those people in the testimonial section were grabbed from Google image search.

That Aaron, WA one should of said..

"I never had luck with women, then I started the vapex system and now I'm getting action two at a time! Thanks Vapex!"

Last edited:

scalewiz

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2011
That type of scam been goin' on for a long time.

Rule of thumb:
There ain't no free lunch. Anytime someone wants your credit card for a trial offer, free sample, free device, free ANYTHING over the internet, you should beware. Applies not only to ecigs, but to ANYTHING. Whenever it seems too good to be true, it probably is, and you should read the fine print very carefully! Always be prepared to take it up with your credit card company to dispute charges and stop future charges. DO NOT USE A DEBIT CARD FOR ANY ONLINE ANYTHING!

NiNi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2013
Paulden, Arizona
I almost got suckered with "Victory" ecigs. Had placed the order, gotten initial set up. Had just joined ECF. OMG. Shot off an email to them, typical delay in reply, "oh this is an auto shipment, blah, blah, blah, the conditions are there in you initial shipment". So I shot off another email claiming to be a "reviewer for an internet e-cig site".....Bawahahahaha!!! Talk about some real quick back peddling and a credit back to my credit card!
LESSON LEARNED! I was just fortunate to get my money back!

joemar4

Nov 3, 2013
Long Island, NY
Just got my fifth email in 2 weeks from these scam artists. Each time the email comes with a different subject header. Today's: "Oprah likes E Cigs"......Oh please! I might have been born at night, just not last night!!

Please, please PLEASE! Anyone even remotely thinking of taking up one of these offers, be warned right here and now. You are going to get scammed and ripped off.

This company is called "V***x" When you click on the link in the email, it takes you to a page titled "The Healthy Report" This page tells you all about the wonder of E cigs. You'll notice a little box at the top telling you to hurry, there are only 16 trials left....Yea, right. It says that every time you go to the page!! Then at the bottom is a box telling you that there is a "Limited time offer for our readers" Then you are supposed to click on the "Get a free trial today" button and low and behold, you are sent to your lucky trial page. Funny thing is, you click on it and each time it takes you to the same page, with the same pictures and claims of being the end all of all E cigs....yet the name of the company changes! One time it was V**er Lite. The next time it was V**er XS. What the hell? Anyway, it goes on to explain how they are the best. How they are giving you the worlds best E Juice, the best equipment, the best deal, etc. If you didn't know any better, you would be worked up into a frenzy and couldn't sign up fast enough!! But again, STAY AWAY!!

Just in case you forgot.....STAY AWAY!!! Now instead of trying to explain the very confusing terms and conditions, I will let you read it for yourself. In the mood for a good laugh? Read on. You'll really love how this is supposed to be a 12 day trial.....which would mean that you get to try it for 12 days right? Well, then, how is it you can only get a full refund if products are returned in "their original, unopened package within 30 days of shipment."?? Hmm, would be pretty hard to give a product a try if your NOT ALLOWED TO OPEN IT!!! See, this is their way of not giving you a full refund. They will tell you "Well, you opened it and in our terms and conditions is clearly states that products must be returned unopened." You cant win!! Oh, and another little gem....the trial period starts the day you place the order. NOT from when you receive it! So, depending on how fast they ship after placing your order and the shipping method (Mule?) Your trial period could be over before you even receive the product!!! Nice huh?

Anyway, here is the "Terms & Conditions". I am providing the links for both these companies for your comparison.

Company 1: Terms & Conditions

Company 2: https://s3.amazonaws.com/conceptweb/terms_conditions/vaperxs/eval/terms.html

I hate, HATE, to see people getting taken advantage of and ripped off! If this stops someone from getting sucked into this scam, then I succeeded in what I'm trying to do.:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread