New coils, no great vapor, in need of help here, I'm chasing big clouds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrVP

Oct 17, 2014
Brazil, Rio Grande do Sul
Hello, everyone, good afternoon. I'm having trouble to have a good vapor. I don't know if it's becouse of my juice that's 80/20 PG/VG, or I really suck coiling.
I'll send some pictures of my job, you guys can judge, tell me anything is wrong, what I shouldn't be doing, that's ok. I'll read every opinion.
I used gauge 26 and did 8 wraps each coil, remembering to use the screwdriver to adjust the coil, like some of the guys in here recomended. I assure there's no hot spots.
Here are the pictures of the work:

coils installed:

almost built.jpg

Burning out the coils to avoid hot spots:

burning to be good.jpg

Putting the cotton:

putting the cotton.jpg

Now, my favourite juice:

20141021_155300.jpg

Vapor test:

simply no vapor.jpg

Summary: It's lamme. Is it the coils, or the Joyetech, that's has the 80/20 PG/VG proportion? Or maybe the weather that doesn't let the vapor to stay dense, strong, "hard". I don't know. I'm almost donating 120 feet of kanthal.

I would appreciate any help from you guys. I bought this iTaste RDA thinking it would be better than my Nautilus Mini, but it's not. It's almost the same. Bit better. But not too much. Moderators can see by my album. These are Nautilus pictures. Compared to this picture, iTaste grabs a sausage.

Thanks for those who help.

Saltraker

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2013
Hannibal, Missouri
My first thought is the juice. Heavier VG juices will produce more vapor, especially at the low ohms you are running. My second thought is the coils appear somewhat sloppy, especially the left-over legs hanging out where you cut the wire. (I assume you are using Kanthal?) A short waiting to happen:blink: Having said that, I'd go for a heavier VG juice, say 40/60 and see out that works out. And trim those legs!

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
VG is where most of the vapor comes from, higher % VG = more 'clouds'.

What does the resistance read on your meter?

This ^^^. I use 90% VG when I want to max out vapor production, but even 80% will make a huge difference. It looks like you have cotton touching the outside of the coils underneath them. I tried that and find it reduces vapor production.

I would also like to know what resistance your coils are and what diameter the pin you wrapped on is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread