New from Jersey... want to say hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kapp_badbloodz

Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Browns Mills
Hello!

I am new to the e-cig thing and I was recently turned onto it while at a training venue in Nevada. Thinking it is some new phase I soon realized I have a LOT to catch up on! Where have I been???!!!

I plan on doing a lot of research and contributing and want to eventually make my own liquids as a hobby. After only having it for almost 3 weeks I have reduced my smoking/chewing habit almost ENTIRELY! It is AMAZING!

I have two joyetech eGo CTwists (long/short battery) and I ditched my stardust clearos for some Kangers. EVOD was the cheapest and the best and the T3S is complete garbage along with the M-T3. Maybe its the coil idk... we will see when I get replacements. Using what I have left of my starter liquids from Pink Spot and got some Flux liquid (Cinnamon Bun flavor!) and it is all delicious!

Any recommendations for a FNG? Looking for some good flavors in the future and some equipment recommendations. I guess I will say this:

What are some DO's and DO NOT's I must know and live by?

What MUST I try/get (equipment or liquid wise) and what must I avoid?

What can I do to expand on my already awseome experience vaping?

Thank you :)

Corey

pascloud

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2013
West New York, NJ
Hi! Welcome! I am new to the forum and vaping, myself (2 weeks). I'm in Northern NJ and there are soooo many smokers (cough! cough!) here. I've been smoke free since my first vape and have no hesitations about vaping in public. I, too, wonder WHY haven't I done this earlier. Soon, I'm going to get my mom and her BF on to vaping since they are life long smokers.

I have found this info a great place to start: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-information/
For example, I just the other day realized I was vaping wrong. Too much like a cigarette. At that moment I understood my PV more.

And just tonight I found out that Mount Baker Vapor has the best prices for good e-juice.

Oh and nicotine alone, for DIY, can kill you if it gets on your skin. LOL

I think that's all I got for you. This forum is so full of info and feedback and nice people. :)

Mr.Bungle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
East Jabip, NJ
Fellow Jersey vaper checking in. There aren't any have to's really, except to try a bunch of stuff so you find what you like. To that end, before you get your 5 newb posts you can read almost anything on the forums. Get to reading!

A couple of things I will suggest.

Make sure you have enough joose! Order from a few different vendors to get a nice stash going, find a few you like and reorder so you always have Something in reserve.

I'm sure you have heard of having a backup piece. Around these parts we suggest having backups for your backups. You never know. And one slip could land you right back in the arms of BT.

With those couple of points and a little time to research, you should be good. Reach out if you are ever in central Jersey. I'll let you try out some stuff.

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Welcome to ECF. Sounds like you are off to a good start. My best suggestion is read. Go around to the different Forums and keep reading. A lot of your questions will be answered in that manner.

Make sure you have at least two batteries. One to use and one charging. A third one would be good. Have several toppers and extra heads for each. Keep your equipment clean. There are youtube videos for just about everything under the sun. Watch them.

Check out the Eliquid Forum. There you will find all kinds of threads on just about any vendor and juice out there. Your best bet for finding an all day vape is to get a bunch of sample packs from various vendors and try them. You may find you like a particular vendor's flavors or not like a certain vendors juices. A vanilla juice will taste different from different vendors. You may like tobaccos or find you like fruits. Expensive is not always better, but it is worth it to try both cheap and more expensive vendors. The quality issue does come into play for some people. Some like more complex blends than can be had at a discount vendor. It is a matter of trying many different things to find what works for you.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
Hi and welcome to all the new members here!

Shari hit it on the head with everything said so the only thing I'm going to repeat is

READ!!!!!

Vaping can/is an enjoyable lifestyle choice.
Please try not to let any failed juice or device purchases discourage you from your journey.

While you read you'll also discover there are many people who continue to vape even at 0% nicotine because vaping is a lot of fun!

kapp_badbloodz

Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Browns Mills
Thank you for the warm welcome everyone! I cant wait to learn a bunch of stuff and contribute here. Thanks for all the help thus far :)

Reach out if you are ever in central Jersey. I'll let you try out some stuff.

Hey... what do you know. I live in central(ish) Jersey. You know where Ft. Dix/McGuire AFB is? That is where I am (for the most part).

Ohyeathat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2013
Apple Valley, Ca
Read, read and read. Ask questions when you need to. Especially recommendations of where to buy. So many people have helped me out here and they will help you, too.

I started with a Halo G6, which I replaced with an iTaste VV 3. Now I am moving on to a Provari. In 4 days I will have my charger and tanks and will finally see what all the fuss is about :vapor:

meanckz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Greer, SC
www.facebook.com
Hi Corey....welcome to ECF...even Yankees are welcome here :lol:
just kidding,
I'm from Germany, living in SC.
Great to have you here, you will learn a lot of good stuff, trust me, I apperently put my local B&M guys to shame (acording to my daughter), just from hanging around in this forum.
Vape on!!!

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
Welcome to ECF and to vaping!
I'm from Germany, living in Germany :) (just messing with meanckz :D )

I also say:
- get enough spares and enough liquid
- read a lot
- and never be afraid to ask. None of us were born with a PV in our little hands, we all had to learn it. And most of us do like to pass on our knowledge to help new vapers :)

RedNBlack

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2013
NE Georgia USA
Welcome to the ECF neighborhood kapp_badbloodz ,
Glad you found us, wondered where you had been?
Congrats on the reduction....
eGo Twists and Evods....yes, let gravity work for ya.

Recommendations:
Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate.....,
Battery safety,
Questions, come here and post.

On a side note:
meanckz,
you go on keeping the B&M guys on their toes. As you improve their knowledge
those coming into the store get better service......IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread