New Guy, done a lot of research, need some help/support/comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigd123

Feb 14, 2010
Oxford, Michigan
Hi all,

I've been basically glued to this forum for the past week. I never ever thought i could even go one day without smoking an analog. Well, its been 30 hours...wow, wow for me.

I bought a DSE 901b mini and ordered some nuport e-liquid and blank cartridges. Got the mini on Friday...Great, great. Here's the issue...the nuport didn't come on saturday and monday is president's day so I won't get my nuport till tuesday!!! aahhh, I'm doing so well but I'm going to run out tomorrow on the 6 cartridges that came with my starter kit.

When I remembered that monday was presidents day I FREAKED OUT and almost bought some analogs, luckily I'm broke lol

So i read a little DIY, calmed down, went to meijer, and bought some glycerin USP and some mccormick imitation coconut extract and have been putting a drop or two of each on my almost-empty cartridges lol

Also I have gotten some snus to help...still I'm going nuts and I just want my nuport liquid :(

Anyway, my post is basically to say thank you thank you sooooo sooo much to all the posters because I have learned so much from all of you and you have saved me from smoking those killer analogs. I can't believe its been over a day with one. Oh and the other question I have is about my little conconction in my cartridges lol advice? help? comments? support?

I need support to stay off these damn analogs cause I almost lost it today.

Thank you again, hope to get some replies :)

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Hey bigd! I can definitely relate to your disbelief in not smoking. That was me one month ago, after smoking for 35 years.

Bummer about your situation! I hope you make it through until delivery. But, if worse comes to worse, it's not the end of the world ... delivery will get here. I'm not advocating that you smoke, just saying it wouldn't have to end your quitting cigarettes.

Now, about your DIY... the glycerin with flavoring might help you make it through, it will allow you to vape, and that's half the battle IMO (more than half for me). I am hoping someone more knowledgeable than me on the subject of flavoring jumps in here though.
I simply don't know about the coconut extract you're using and whether or not it will be a problem with your atomizer.

Good luck! :)

bigd123

Feb 14, 2010
Oxford, Michigan
Yeah I wanted to post in the DIY section but I couldn't. Anyway the Mccormick is actually not that bad and its ingredients are water, PG, alcohol, and artificial flavors. Seems ok and I took a napkin and soaked up any leftover liquid from the atomizer so hopefully that ensures no issues. Anyone had issues with these ingredients or the coconut? It's actually not bad, like cake a little bit, and SO much smoke putting that drop of VG in with it, plus a little nicotine leftover from the original cartridge juice, tasty enough for me not to die.

Thanks for the support, if you could quit after 35 years, I can quit after 9

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
Just don't freak out if you find a ciggie round hte house and break down and smoke it.
Just don't stress over it - it will probably taste like cat hiney (well according to one poster lol) or something equally hideous but if it tides you over then ok.
Stress and guilt are thing which makes us go BACK to smoking not stay away from it, so chuck those out the window right away.
I hope you can find stuff to vape to avoid the possible smoking (broke or not us ex smokers tend to find a way) sounds like you have something like aplan going on. You should search for Troical Bobs guide to vaping snus, all you need is the snus and the carrier (PG or VG), and he's done a video on how to do that.
It might not be a great vape (it might be wonderful, Ive never tried it) but it might get you thru what seems like yet another holiday with no post :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread