New guy here. Probationary post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadWolf24

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
Port Charlotte, FL, USA
First I would like to apologize to Bad Wolf for stealing his name. My coffee is not working this morning and I could not come up with a creative name. BadWolf is what I use on my other forums.

My wife and I have been vaping for around 8 months but are probably having a slower learning process than many.
We started with the cigarette style, but just weren't satisfied. Were then told that since we had been heavy smokers we should have started with an ego style, so we tried that. After much trial and error we are currently using an ego twist style and protank 2 mini. We love vaping but still don't seem to get fully satisfied. We are once again thinking of upgrading and are trying to decide between Vamo 2 and SID. Leaning towards the SID but money is tight and Fast tech has some great prices on the Vamo.

Finally registered here because just lurking I still get overwhelmed with information. Most of our local stores seem to either have limited knowledge of the subject or are more interested in a sale than helping me buy the right product. Plus their prices are way higher locally than online. Example: Cheapest Vamo in town is over $80.

Would be interested in any local vaping clubs but am not aware of any. Am located about 2 hours south of Tampa.

That's all for now. Thanks for your patience.

Is the Totally Wicked still open on Harbor Blvd? I go to the Bradenton store, pick their brains about stuff and buy from other online retailers. The staff at the Bradenton store seem to be pretty good with helping people out. Another decent local store I've found is CleanSmoke USA. I think the closest one to you is in Sarasota off BeeRidge Rd.

BadWolf24

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
Port Charlotte, FL, USA
@exnihilo Is the V5 significantly better than the V2? Fast tech has the V2 in colored anodized aluminum for $25, which is what got me thinking I could afford to splurge for the 2 of us in the 1st place.

@RoofMonkey I have honestly never seen the place. I think I saw a Facebook page for them but when I tried to find it they were out of business. Was it at the NW corner of Harbor and 41?

@madqatter I have considered them but am kind of limited on what I can spend. Anything I get has to come in pairs. The Vamo and SID seem to be both popular and cheap $$.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Hi and Welcome.
I don't use my Vamo much anymore but it is a powerful and reliable Device if treated properly. Then again I feel that way about most APV's. Take care of whatever you have and it will normally take care of you.:)

If your looking into the vamo try this AMERICAN place. Vamo V4 & V5 - VV/VW I ordered my vamo 5 friday and its set to arrive tomorrow and for $43.95 and free shipping seems a good deal to me. Beats sending my money to china

Sorry, I always get a kick out of these post.
It could read I'd rather pay someone else a premium to purchase a device they purchased from China.:D

Last edited:

BadWolf24

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
Port Charlotte, FL, USA
@ texasoil If I was going to go the Buy American route I was looking at the Smoktech SID for The Digital Cig in Tampa for $45, which is basically the same price as the Vamos you showed me. Most reviews I've seen list the SID as a slight upgrade over the Vamo. What is your opinion? If I went with the V4 or V5 it seems the only difference between the two is the cap and colors. Why is one a better choice than the other?

BadWolf24

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
Port Charlotte, FL, USA
MVP2 is less than $50. Really not bad for such a popular piece. :)

That is a really good price. Haven't really thoght much about box mods but wouldn't be opposed to one. How does it compare to the ones I've been considering? Obviously lower startup costs with not needing batteries or charger but what else?

fabianx4

Sep 10, 2013
Everett WA
Newwbie here... Been Vaping for about a year .. Just got into diy and LOVE IT .. I got the Vamo V2 about three months ago I love this mod .... The vari. watts setting is by far the best for me . I use about 5 diffrent tanks anything from a c4 to pro 2 tank and Vamo will rock them all. I looked at the Itaste and the pro vari and they where 510 only .... The vamo will do both 510 and ego

Just something to look into when looking for a mod

DigitalVI

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2013
CORINTH TX
Welcome. Good luck and good vaping with whatever you decide on. I like the MPV 2 because it has good features, VV, VW, ego and 510 threads, 2600Mah battery, charges from dead in about three hours, can use my cell phone charger in the car, works as a pass through device and remaining battery display. I picked up a small cell phone case at Walmart and can carry it on my belt, my wife carries hers in her purse no problem. For me, not having to charge as often was the deciding factor.

Dan

Vprgrl

Oct 23, 2013
Atlanta
Just began vaping in hopes to quit smoking. I was in Little Five points in Atlanta for the parade and saw Vape Atlanta -towards the end of Euclid and stopped in. The guys were helpful and very honest about the products. I purchased an ego sort of like a starter kit, but like I said I am a total Newbie. They directed me to this forum to get more info and learn more about it, so here I am? I would like to get in touch with others in the georgia area. :)

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
First I would like to apologize to Bad Wolf for stealing his name. My coffee is not working this morning and I could not come up with a creative name. BadWolf is what I use on my other forums.

My wife and I have been vaping for around 8 months but are probably having a slower learning process than many.
We started with the cigarette style, but just weren't satisfied. Were then told that since we had been heavy smokers we should have started with an ego style, so we tried that. After much trial and error we are currently using an ego twist style and protank 2 mini. We love vaping but still don't seem to get fully satisfied. We are once again thinking of upgrading and are trying to decide between Vamo 2 and SID. Leaning towards the SID but money is tight and Fast tech has some great prices on the Vamo.

Finally registered here because just lurking I still get overwhelmed with information. Most of our local stores seem to either have limited knowledge of the subject or are more interested in a sale than helping me buy the right product. Plus their prices are way higher locally than online. Example: Cheapest Vamo in town is over $80.

Would be interested in any local vaping clubs but am not aware of any. Am located about 2 hours south of Tampa.

That's all for now. Thanks for your patience.

Welcome to ECF BadWolf24 and I wish you the best of luck in finding your Vaping Nirvana. :smokie:

I live in Cape Canaveral, FL, Otherwise, I'd be happy to point you to some good Local Vaping places. I did however, do a quick Google search and found this Site that has a B/M location: Tampa Vapor - Put Down Your Cigarette and Pick Up an E-cig - 1515 S Dale Mabry Hwy, Suite 103
Tampa, FL 33629

BadWolf24

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
Port Charlotte, FL, USA
Thanks for all the replies and greetings.

To those recommending the MVP 2, I have watched the reviews and both said good things about it but both had fairly major complaints too, primarily about the button and awkwardness trying to press it. PBusardo said it was bad enough that he wouldn't use it. He also mentioned that the VW mode was so inaccurate as to be useless. I like the features it has but not sure if those things would be deal killers for me.

I am also surprised that no one has recommended the SID as both reviewers listed it as better than Vamo and it seems to have some fans elsewhere on this forum.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread