New Here, slightly new to Vaping (Kanger Protank review)

Status
Not open for further replies.

peemacattack

Jul 14, 2013
Ohio
Good Evening!

I started vaping a few months ago after trying one of my friend's one night. I loved it, so I quickly bought a Blu, then eventually upgraded to my new set up.

I was using a eGo C-Twist with a 6ml DCT. After awhile I got bored and tried a Kanger Protank. So this is where my review goes...

KANGER PROTANK REVIEW

First off, the packaging is a little overdone. The Protank comes in a fake leather box which is sealed. Inside, you get the Protank with the end cap and two atomizers, and finally, a nice little beauty ring for an eGo type battery. I did like the packaging, but i felt like it made the whole deal a little more expensive than it needed to be

When i started using the Protank, i filled it up with NicQuid's Strawnana Smoothie (or however you spell it). When I got the wicks soaked enough, i began vaping. The draw was a bit airy, similar to a hookah. But i found the taste...lacking. It wasn't what I was expecting. I continued vaping for a few days and liked the amount of vapor produced, but the flavor was very sub-par. I've since tried taking out the top wick, with unsatisfactory results. The taste isn't bad, just not what i was expecting. The flavor from my original DCT was better than this. I tried different flavors (all NicQuid from my local Vaporcast store) like Butterscotch and Peach. The Protank did better with Butterscotch than Peach or Strawnana Smoothie. Even though the tank only holds about 2.5ml of liquid, it normally lasts me a whole day. There is not a detachable drip tip, as the entire mouthpiece is a chrome-like material that curves around down to the glass tank. DO NOT screw the endcap on too tightly, or the atomizer on the endcap too tightly, as this may or may not cause a bad taste (don't quote me on that).

Overall I do like the Protank, especially the fact it doesn't contain plastic (which certain liquids can crack, etc) and because the vapor produced is amazing. Don't worry about getting replacement atomizers exactly like the ones that come with the Protank. Kanger T3 atomizers work too. All the atomizers are 2.5 ohms (I haven't seen any other resistances).

Pros:
glass
awesome vapor production
works with all 510 connections
good looking packaging (if that matters to you)
sturdy construction

Cons:
Sub-par taste
Will break (most likely) if dropped on a hard surface

I would love all feedback on this, as well as suggestions on how to make the taste better, or anything I messed up on this review.

Happy vaping!

SonHouse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2013
Seminole
Your statement about 2.5 Ohm Atomizers being the only ones available is incorrect. It comes with 2.5 Ohm and 1.8 Ohm in the box. There are also 2.2 and, I think 1.2 Ohm. Never paid attention to the lowest resistance since I'm using Vamos. I too find the flavor is muted compared with a DCT, but the vapor production and ease of use still make them my favorite.

Still a good review, thanks for sharing!

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
Hey peema, welcome to ECF.

Mattnatti- hello from just north of you in Mason. Have you checked out the vapor stores in cinci? I think we have two now. Your juice may be less flavorful, or it could be voltage, or resistance of your protank head. Tell us what you are vaping (battery, juice, ohms, voltage if you have a variable voltage). We may be able to help you figure out how to get more flavor. Maybe start a new thread about it if you'd like some suggestions.

Last edited:

Mattnatti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
@spamzelda, I am going right now to make my introductory thread. No need to highjack this one.

Hey peema, welcome to ECF.

Mattnatti- hello from just north of you in Mason. Have you checked out the vapor stores in cinci? I think we have two now. Your juice may be less flavorful, or it could be voltage, or resistance of your protank head. Tell us what you are vaping (battery, juice, ohms, voltage if you have a variable voltage). We may be able to help you figure out how to get more flavor. Maybe start a new thread about it if you'd like some suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread