New study: More evidence vaping nicotine is harmless

Status
Not open for further replies.

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
But 10 minutes on the legislation thread does!

T

Obviously legislation should be regulated. Given the symptoms I suggest the "drugs" category.

So it couldn't be brought to market without 1) proving the therapeutic effect 2) proving the side effects are acceptable 3) listing all the side effects

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
Perhaps it would be better to apply the same stringency as recommended for vaping, namely that there is proof of no harm.

Naturally, you realise i am being sarcastic and that level of proof applies to nothing else in the world, but i do take some small comfort from scientific studies that at least chip away at the "well, we don't know how harmful vaping is" argument.

T

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
Oh, yes i forgot about that menace which has caused enormous numbers of deaths because of exposure to wallpaper from smokers' houses.

A level of toxins so severe that they are exceeded by the airborne contaminants from my wife's coffee, hairspray and printer.

I never knew she had such bad habits ;)

T

TaketheRedPill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2009
Southern California
There have been strong ties drawn between smokers and Monday morning strokes. If there's no cerebral arterial constriction from ecigs, that seems yet another excellent reason to use ecigs instead of cigarettes.

Temporal Patterns of Stroke Onset

It's too bad the abstract didn't define which devices were used but I'm going to guess from the mention of 18mg liquid it was lower power or entry-level devices such as BT is focusing on. Hopefully the grantees will get a follow-on seed grant to confirm the same with higher-power devices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread