New to DIY (Receipe Help)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas Feltham

May 6, 2015
Hi,
I've been making DIY juice for around a week now and have made a few different recipes from the flavours that i have purchased but none of them have quite hit the spot yet.
The list of flavours I have currently are:
DKS Plus - Apple
Red Grape
Capella - Sweet Guava
Cola
Blue Cotton Candy
Orange Mango
Cloud9 Flavours - Strawberry
Citrus Mix
Juicy Fruit
And I have a bottle of EM (Ethyl Maltol)
Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with these flavours and what recipe you would recommend with the %'s etc :)
Thanks!

Reactions: mauricem00

Shirtbloke

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2014
UK
What I did when I first started DIY was mix up 10ml bottles of all the individual flavours, and then tried some in-tank mixing. A squirt of this and a squirt of that into the tank, shake and taste. This will give you a rough idea of what flavours will work together and which won't. Yours are mostly fruits so won't need any steeping. This will save you wasting juice making stuff you really don't like the taste of - rinsing out a ml of juice from the tank is less heartbreaking than dumping 10ml or more. Experimentation is the name of the game with DIY, you never know, you might come up with a brand new recipe that no-one's ever tried before.

Reactions: mauricem00

Thomas Feltham

May 6, 2015
What I did when I first started DIY was mix up 10ml bottles of all the individual flavours, and then tried some in-tank mixing. A squirt of this and a squirt of that into the tank, shake and taste. This will give you a rough idea of what flavours will work together and which won't. Yours are mostly fruits so won't need any steeping. This will save you wasting juice making stuff you really don't like the taste of - rinsing out a ml of juice from the tank is less heartbreaking than dumping 10ml or more. Experimentation is the name of the game with DIY, you never know, you might come up with a brand new recipe that no-one's ever tried before.
Ahhh ok dude :) thanks a lot

mauricem00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2015
carson city nevada
I still mix my juices that way. individual flavors are mixed with base mix (PG/VG/NICOTINE) and allowed to steep.then I try a few drops of different flavors mixed in a small glass bottle and taste them in my RDA. I find it easier to mix flavors when they are already mixed with a base mix and aged properly.I do not have an ADV and usually carry 3 or 4 tanks with me with different flavors but I like a lot of variety to help keep it interesting

Thomas Feltham

May 6, 2015
I still mix my juices that way. individual flavors are mixed with base mix (PG/VG/NICOTINE) and allowed to steep.then I try a few drops of different flavors mixed in a small glass bottle and taste them in my RDA. I find it easier to mix flavors when they are already mixed with a base mix and aged properly.I do not have an ADV and usually carry 3 or 4 tanks with me with different flavors but I like a lot of variety to help keep it interesting
I suppose thats quite a good idea, although its gunna be hard to get accurate %'s to see how much you need? I just made up a batch of 5mls just to test some new flavour ideas and i'll repeat the process in a few days after they've had time to steep, i've also started taking notes prior to steeping and after to see the differences and decide how long each juice needs to be steeped for before being ideal to vape :)

Shirtbloke

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2014
UK
I suppose thats quite a good idea, although its gunna be hard to get accurate %'s to see how much you need? I just made up a batch of 5mls just to test some new flavour ideas and i'll repeat the process in a few days after they've had time to steep, i've also started taking notes prior to steeping and after to see the differences and decide how long each juice needs to be steeped for before being ideal to vape :)

Yeah that's just to get an idea for what flavours work well together. Once you know what you're going to put in the mix you can start playing around with fine tuning exact percentages. It's really a way to get started with DIY without wasting too much. Also fruit flavours don't really need much steeping so you can try a lot of different mixes without the waiting.

Reactions: KSva
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread