new to vaping, my vape tastes burnt

Status
Not open for further replies.

sthldn

May 21, 2015
hi guys,
so i bought the Joyetech EGO one last month and up until yesterday it has been working perfectly.
i went to a (cheap) vape store in my area and i bought the kanger subtank nano because i wanted a bigger tank that would store more juice, i used this tank on my ego one battery for a couple of hours but then switched back to my ego one tank, and now my vape started to taste burnt, like when there is no juice left. I took out the juice, and cleaned all the components, replaced more juice and left it over night and tried it out this morning and the same thing happened.. could anyone tell me if theres anything i can do? or if i'm doing anything wrong :/ do i need to buy a new coil?

p.s if i'm very new to vaping and haven't gotten used to all the technical terms so please be very detailed if you can >_<

sthldn

May 21, 2015
Sounds like a bad coil perhaps. Do you have another coil you could try? Ive heard you could clean out the coils by letting them soak in vodka overnight.

i have two coils, the one i used first was a 0.5Ω coil, then when it started tasting bad i changed back to the 1.0Ω coil.. still the same, i'll try soaking it as you say, though

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
When first using a new coil you need to prime it well. By "priming" I mean putting several drops of eliquid directly into the cotton in the coil before you fill and assemble the tank.

Once you have it all together take a few unpowered puffs (covering the airholes) just to make sure the coil is well saturated. Then you can start vaping.

VinceOB

May 20, 2015
When first using a new coil you need to prime it well. By "priming" I mean putting several drops of eliquid directly into the cotton in the coil before you fill and assemble the tank.

Once you have it all together take a few unpowered puffs (covering the airholes) just to make sure the coil is well saturated. Then you can start vaping.

Thats exactly what I do.

Reactions: Susan~S

Spidey2011

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2014
Baker, MT

If it was left overnight, I'm sure that wick was completely saturated. I rarely ever prime any of mine (except when I used the stock subtank coils). I just let it sit for 10 minutes or so and it's good to go. First hit is always the scariest, but you'll know right away that you have a wicking problem, rather than walk out the door and 10 minutes later find out your tank isn't wicking properly. Lol.

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
Not being familiar with the Joytech EgoOne, does it have VV/VW? IF so dial it down. I like my wattage at 25 on the .5 factory OCCs. Anything above will eventually present a dry hit as it seems the wicks cant refresh the juice fast enough. I agree that priming it, taking no power hits with the air intake closed off, really helps the wicking (especially when changing juices and higher watts). I do find my factory coils building up rather quickly. Also you could learn to build on these factory heads. IMO it is easier than the rba. There is a great tutorial, step by step, in this forum that shows how. Can't seem to find the link at the moment but will update if I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread