Status
Not open for further replies.

Konrad T

Jun 9, 2015
Hi Guys,

After smoking for 20 years and trying everything to quit, I decided to give vaping a try, since I have a lot of friends that quit smoking that way.

I'm on day 9, and have had almost no withdrawals. The first few mornings were the toughest, however after about 4 days I have changed my routine and have been going strong ever since.

A few questions:

My equipment is the eLeaf iStick 30W for the battery and the Joyetech Delta 19 Atomizer. I am using 12mg Tobacco Flavored e-juice.

My dual coils only seem to last about 5 days, before they burn out? I thought they were supposed to last up to 2 weeks. I go through about 2 full tanks of the Delta 19 each day. Is this normal?

Has anybody lost the taste of their juice after a few days? I can feel the vapor, but have no taste of the e-Juice that I really like? Is this normal or weird?

Anyways, thanks in advance.

Konrad

Reactions: ijoyvape

Brian1989

Jun 6, 2015
i'm 2 days off the cigs, had a little relapse there and smoked while I was drinking but got right back to it. Think I need to up my mg for nicotine or have a high nic juice on the side for those tough cravings.

Yesterday I had the exact same problem, could feel the vape but didn't taste the juice what so ever, all I did was change my coils and the problem was solved. It could be you're coils/cotton or maby even the juice its self

Reactions: redrebel821

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
Welcome to the world of vapors tongue. Try a different flavor for a bit and it should come back around. Two tanks can be perfectly normal. A lot of times the juice you use can kill coils quicker. Generally sweeter juices though. The wattage you vape at can have an effect to. Think of it like this. That coil is cheaper than a pack of analogs

Jwaterski

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2013
OKC, OK
Lost the flavor, see vapors tongue. Drink plenty of water, get a few other juices to switch to occasionally. As for the amount of juice used, that varies plenty from person to person, tank type, coil type and a whole list of other variables, don't worry about it. About a week on a coil, probably about average for the amount of juice you use, darker flavors normally kill them quicker than the lighter ones, but I've found the real difference you'll see with some people going weeks while others go days is normally how many ml used each day.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Hi Guys,

After smoking for 20 years and trying everything to quit, I decided to give Vaping a try, since I have a lot of friends that quit smoking that way.

I'm on day 9, and have had almost no withdrawals. The first few mornings were the toughest, however after about 4 days I have changed my routine and have been going strong ever since.

A few questions:

My equipment is the eLeaf iStick 30W for the battery and the Joyetech Delta 19 Atomizer. I am using 12mg Tobacco Flavored e-Juice.

My dual coils only seem to last about 5 days, before they burn out? I thought they were supposed to last up to 2 weeks. I go through about 2 full tanks of the Delta 19 each day. Is this normal?

Has anybody lost the taste of their juice after a few days? I can feel the vapor, but have no taste of the e-Juice that I really like? Is this normal or weird?

Anyways, thanks in advance.

Konrad

Welcome Konrad! Congrats on Day 9 :)

Your equipment sounds GREAT! What resistance and at what power are you running? Coils can be finicky. Everybody's results will be different. Tobacco juice (especially if it has a dark hue to it) can likely gunk your coils, causing them to fade out earlier than you might like.

Losing taste of juice - absolutely normal. Even after 16 months, there are some rare times that flavors don't seem as sharp from one day to the next. Obviously, fluids help. I've also heard that sniffing fresh coffee beans or fresh-ground coffee can help "revive" your tastebuds. Also, sharper juice flavors (cinnamon - red hot or a mentholated juice) can help perk your senses. (Or, if you have something you're not real kicked about, this is a good time to vape it, since you can't taste stuff quite as well anyway????)

Reactions: redrebel821

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
i'm 2 days off the cigs, had a little relapse there and smoked while I was drinking but got right back to it. Think I need to up my mg for nicotine or have a high nic juice on the side for those tough cravings.

Yesterday I had the exact same problem, could feel the vape but didn't taste the juice what so ever, all I did was change my coils and the problem was solved. It could be you're coils/cotton or maby even the juice its self
I have 5 or 6 tanks going so I can switch up flavors, and I do use a higher nic level when I have to freeway drive.

ijoyvape

Moved On
May 30, 2015
I have 5 or 6 tanks going so I can switch up flavors, and I do use a higher nic level when I have to freeway drive.
now i am looking for new temperature control mod, i have ipv 4 already, but i don't like ni200 temp control.
i am looking for more information for temperature control, before purchasing a new one.

Konrad T

Jun 9, 2015
Welcome to the world of vapors tongue. Try a different flavor for a bit and it should come back around. Two tanks can be perfectly normal. A lot of times the juice you use can kill coils quicker. Generally sweeter juices though. The wattage you vape at can have an effect to. Think of it like this. That coil is cheaper than a pack of analogs

Thanks dc99.

How often do you change the coils? For me, one lasts about 5 days. When I was reading up on the Delta 19 with the dual coils, most people stated the coil lasts about two weeks. I just use a Tobacco Flavor, which is not sweet. And I lost the taste after 1/3rd of a 30mL bottle. Maybe it's just one of those days ;-).

Konrad T

Jun 9, 2015
Welcome Konrad! Congrats on Day 9 :)

Your equipment sounds GREAT! What resistance and at what power are you running? Coils can be finicky. Everybody's results will be different. Tobacco juice (especially if it has a dark hue to it) can likely gunk your coils, causing them to fade out earlier than you might like.

Losing taste of juice - absolutely normal. Even after 16 months, there are some rare times that flavors don't seem as sharp from one day to the next. Obviously, fluids help. I've also heard that sniffing fresh coffee beans or fresh-ground coffee can help "revive" your tastebuds. Also, sharper juice flavors (cinnamon - red hot or a mentholated juice) can help perk your senses. (Or, if you have something you're not real kicked about, this is a good time to vape it, since you can't taste stuff quite as well anyway????)

Thanks, I will try that.

I am on 8.0W. I have ordered another Delta 19 tank just so that I can cycle between flavors, and maybe that will help as well. Will definitely try to coffee bean idea.

Konrad T

Jun 9, 2015
Welcome and congrats on kicking the cancer stick habit!

I experienced vapor's tongue when I first started out and I attributed that to always vaping on the same flavor. I've noticed that I don't experience it nearly as much now that I switch between 4-5 different flavors throughout the day.

Forgive the ignorance, but what is vapor's tongue?

Konrad T

Jun 9, 2015
Depending on how bad a week it is I can kill a coil in a couple of days. ( I carry a istick20 with a kanger v2 tank to work). Sometimes I can make one last a week or so. A lot of tob. flavors have caramel and other flavors in them. Plain juice helps for me.

Cool, thanks. Overall it's a healthier and better alternative, and it still is cheaper than smoking.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
@Konrad T - Vapor's Tongue is what we call that frustrating loss of taste. Often happens early in vaping, especially after recently quitting smoking. Your taste buds are starting to heal.

Other thing to consider - your tongue has four major "taste regions" - sweet, salty, bitter, and sour. If you can do something to "shock" another region, the one that has "faded" might perk back up.

Konrad T

Jun 9, 2015
@Konrad T - Vapor's Tongue is what we call that frustrating loss of taste. Often happens early in vaping, especially after recently quitting smoking. Your taste buds are starting to heal.

Other thing to consider - your tongue has four major "taste regions" - sweet, salty, bitter, and sour. If you can do something to "shock" another region, the one that has "faded" might perk back up.

Thanks for all the help. I just found a good article on it, and posted it above.

Reactions: DingerCPA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread