Status
Not open for further replies.

Recon Number 54

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
McKinney, TX
Welcome to the community (from a fellow new joiner). I too have found that there are TONS of useful information here and an overwhelming number of friendly and helpful people on this site. I guess it all has to do with our shared enjoyment and hobby.

Juice selection is such a wide open topic, I don't think that anyone could suggest their own preferences and have them perfectly match up with yours. Just like craft beers, and small batch whiskey, taste is all about discovering what you like.

If you are fortunate enough to have a vendor/shop near you (or multiples) many of them will offer a wide variety of juices, brands, flavors to choose from and many will have the ability for you to test sample and better learn/understand/express your own preferences.

With that said, there is also a lot to be learned from browsing the online sites and reading the juice reviews. People will (generally) be honest and frank with what they liked or disliked about a particular juice, and if you find a particular offering where the reviews have sounded of interest, you can look into whether or not the vendor offers small bottle "sample packs" usually 3-5 ml bottles in a collection. They want your business and so some will make the extra effort to collect and package a small bottle sampler for you.

Sooner or later though, you will find a shelf or cupboard in your house full of bottles that were "nice tries but not something you're going to buy again". It's the nature of the beast. But experimenting, hunting and searching for that perfect "all day" or "special craving" juice is part of the fun of this hobby.

Myself, I spent some time exploring the JohnsonCreek site and getting their samples, some of which I am now buying in 30ml bottles and enjoy to this day. It allowed me to find what tastes, sweetness, TH, nicotine levels, PG/VG mixes worked best for me and now I can visit other sites and make even more informed decisions about their offerings based on how I now read their reviews with a little more knowledge under my belt.

Best of luck in your search, and may you find the journey as enjoyable as the final goal.

CraftyZA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
South Africa
www.fdev.co.za
Hi just join the forum as i saw there was a lot of useful info.
Question i am new to vaping and was wondering if anyone had any juices to suggest?
Vendor and Flavor would help

Totally wicked - black magic
Liqua -tiramisu
Greenwave - ry4
Alien - everything

So many juices, so little time.

Choose one primary juice as your ADV. fill a second tank with various flavours. Explore, search, experiment. Lots of fun searching for the goods!

gdpolly

Sep 16, 2013
Texas, USA
New to the vaping world and wanting to make a go of it.. but just not finding the right fit with the e-juice flavor. Ive tried several and just cant find the right one. its to the point I about ready to go back to smoking. It seems that when I try to talk to the stores here they all give a different answer to my questions. and they just want you to buy something they don't care if your happy or not. I have spend so much money on juice/liquids and nothing is working for me.
any help is welcomed.
thanks

Vapeaddikt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2013
Southern Cloud Cartel Arlington, TX

Recon Number 54

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
McKinney, TX
It seems that when I try to talk to the stores here they all give a different answer to my questions. and they just want you to buy something they don't care if your happy or not
Sounds like some of your local shops are not being very helpful and I am sorry to hear that.

Your profile shows TX and I was fortunate to find a shop near me that is ALL about trying BEFORE you buy. They have a lounge with comfy couches and coffee tables each with what looks like a chessboard. Each square is populated with a numbered/lettered prefilled tank, they loan you a battery, give you disposable tip sheaths and a menu explaining the name and intended flavors for each letter/number. If you're up for it, you can try them all (though I suspect that would result in taste-bud overload).

IMO, a shop that does that WANTS you to walk out happy, even if you walk out empty handed. If you're in the DFW area, I can name the shop and I know that they would be happy to help you find a juice or juices that suit your personal tastes. They are helpful, laid back and it is a very low pressure relaxing place. If you're not in the DFW area, and are feeling overwhelmed and underappreciated as a customer, I hope that you can find a shop that has that sort of business model and appreciation for anyone who comes through their doors.

moondragon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Welcome to the forum! Juice flavors are really subjective. If you have a local shop close enough for you to visit, usually they will let you taste different juices. If you aren't able to visit a store, or if you don't like any of the juices that they sale, the next best thing is to order a sample pack from an online vendor. The suggestion above to check out some of the reviews in the e-liquid discussion forum is a good suggestion to get some ideas about online vendors and/or flavors to try.

If you're looking for a flavor that will replicate the tobacco flavor you used to smoke, you probably won't find it. You might want to try bakery flavors, or fruit flavors, or drink flavors. There are a lot of choices. Also, hang on to flavors you don't initially like - over time as your sense of taste gets better, you might find that several months down the road you will end up liking one of them.

This can be one frustrating, but stick with it - you will eventually find a flavor(s) you like.

Amberina

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
cant go wrong with the bit o everything sampler from Alice in vapeland...yummy bakery flavors

as anew vaper learn to love samplers....

I agree with this!
Also it is a very good idea to find a GOOD local shop to try out all different types of flavor. That way you will learn why types of flavors you tend to like more. Then when you buy from an online vendor you will have a much better chance of being successful with your choices. When I first started, I thought I would only want tobacco flavors, but I soon realized I actually like the sweet/ fruity flavors! I would have never ordered them without trying them. I am so glad the girl at my local shop urged me to try!!
There are many wonderful vendors out there.....
Alice in Vapeland
Ahlusions
Mt. Baker
Mrs T's Bakery
EC Blends
and the list goes on and on........

You will find some you like. But my best advice is to try out lots of flavors locally first!
Good Luck!!!

CBeasleyObx

Unregistered Supplier
Sep 18, 2013
Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

JodyC

Sep 3, 2013
Oceanside, CA
New, also. Just been vaping 1 month and loving it! No regular cig since bought my gear. As for juices I got my first samples from local vape shop. Was impressed! Then researched this site and a few others. Came up with Halo. Ordered sample packs of gourmet and tobacco flavors. World of difference! Halo much better! I agree with everyone that taste is very individual. Also flavor differs with equipment used IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread