New user having problems with Subtank Mini and RDNA 40

Status
Not open for further replies.

samstringerhye

Feb 5, 2015
So I just picked up a Vaporshark rDNA 40 and some Nickel OCC coils for my Subtank Mini. I was using an iPV mini and the regular kanthall OCC coils, but I wanted to try out temperature control, but I can not seem to get the hang of it.

I am getting severely muted flavor with the nickel coils. I don't know if it's wicking or my settings that is the problem but I wanted to ask if any of y'all had any tips.

I am using Anml Carnage, which i think is a higher VG juice and my settings are 450 degrees and I usually run it at 25w.

I loved the flavor on my iPV mini and the occ coils but the nickel coils are severely disappointing.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
So I just picked up a Vaporshark rDNA 40 and some Nickel OCC coils for my Subtank Mini. I was using an iPV mini and the regular kanthall OCC coils, but I wanted to try out temperature control, but I can not seem to get the hang of it.

I am getting severely muted flavor with the nickel coils. I don't know if it's wicking or my settings that is the problem but I wanted to ask if any of y'all had any tips.

I am using Anml Carnage, which i think is a higher VG juice and my settings are 450 degrees and I usually run it at 25w.

I loved the flavor on my iPV mini and the occ coils but the nickel coils are severely disappointing.

When you put the Subtank on the mod and told the DNA40 that, yes there was a new coil on it, were both the mod and the tank at room temperature? Is the TC cutting back the power every time you vape it?

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
I have noticed that the nickel coils do have muted flavor (at the same power settings) compared to kanthal coils. I have one Subtank Mini with a nickel coil and the other with a kanthal coil and one Atlantis 2 with a nickel coil and another Atlantis 2 with the 0.3 ohm coil and the Atlantis 1 with the 0.5 ohm kanthal coil.

samstringerhye

Feb 5, 2015
When you put the Subtank on the mod and told the DNA40 that, yes there was a new coil on it, were both the mod and the tank at room temperature? Is the TC cutting back the power every time you vape it?

Yes they were at room temperature. It doesn't seem to be cutting back the temperature just sort of bland. Although a strange thing is I put in a .5 ohm kanthal coil and it still tasted a bit off. I'm wondering if I have vapors tongue.

mattdarat

Jan 26, 2015
Although pbusardo says the numbers look good I tasted a difference between the ipv 2 and DNA 30 same tank. Maybe it's in my head but if there is any truth to my thoughts the ipv or DNA may not be as accurate. I haven't used temperature control yet kinda above my price range for budget at the moment with having to buy a device and nickel wire or heads. But I will get into it soon hopefully. Just my two cents hope it helps a little

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Yes they were at room temperature. It doesn't seem to be cutting back the temperature just sort of bland. Although a strange thing is I put in a .5 ohm kanthal coil and it still tasted a bit off. I'm wondering if I have vapors tongue.

Well that eliminates that idea. OTOH, when you say 'seems to be' are you sure? If the power was cut back during your drag, the DNA40 screen will indicate that a few times after the drag is complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread