New Vamo v4 keeps saying "short"! Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had this Vamo v4 for 3 months and it's been great until yesterday. It says "short" on the display.

I have tried several different coils, I have cleaned it really well. Is the pin not touching, or do I need to reset it somehow?

It will give me 2 or 3 vapes and then say short until I try a new coil, then it does it again.

HELP! I am stuck with an old ego until I can fix this problem and I want my nice clouds back

Thank you for any ideas.

Underwhelmed

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
Texas
It is most likely the thin silicone insulator used in the 510 connector that is causing your short issues.

Take your topper off and carefully pry the center pin up and then reinstall the topper but don't over tighten it and see if that fixes the issue.

I had one that had this issue. I applied some epoxy via a syringe and needle in place of the silicone insulator and the problem was solved.

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
All of my Vamos have ended up doing the same. As Underwhelmed stated it is nearly always the isolating grommet between the centre pin of the 510 connection and the threaded part. fasttech sell spares of these for pennies (look under 'o ring'). They can be replaced with care but the job is fiddly.
Either that or your Vamo is being rude. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread