New VaporShark v2 clone: new big-screen DNA 40 clone mods coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
Just saw this today on fasttech - it was added two days ago, on the 26th:

$69.75 V2 40W VW Variable Wattage APV Box Mod - w/ temperature control function / 1*18650 / aluminum alloy / black at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

2395801-1.jpg

There's some discussion in the FT threads about whether this is actually the genuine VaporShark. But the price, and the fact it doesn't say "authentic", strongly suggests no.

It seems likely that FT have taken stock pics of the VS authentic (and the fact that one pic shows a 'VaporShark' sticker on it does suggest that!) however hopefully they have done this because the new mod is an accurate clone of it, meaning it should have the big screen. And also C temps, which are also listed in the specs.

Unfortunately the specs don't confirm the screen size so it's speculation at the moment.

But seems a decent bet that there's yet another new Chinese dna 40 clone chip out there, which includes C temp and also the big screen of the second gen authentic dna 40 chip. Even if the screen isn't big and the pictures are lying, it definitely looks like a new chip in that it has C temps but doesn't match the specs of the Infinite clone chips we already know of.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
I just saw this (just as my 60W V1 is about to be delivered). Still I like the sound of the old chip so not too upset. These pics do look like the authentic except for the fact that the batt icon is clearly cut off so either the QC on these is going to be dodgy or these pics arent representative!

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
Yeah from what we can see now, you really want the Infinite chip. At the very least it has Nickel Purity over this new chip.

The big screen is nice, and maybe this new chip is a better clone of the DNA 40 - pre-heat, atty lock even? But I would still rather have >40W + Nickel Purity than those things.

Reactions: nelsonm64

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Yeah from what we can see now, you really want the Infinite chip. At the very least it has Nickel Purity over this new chip.

The big screen is nice, and maybe this new chip is a better clone of the DNA 40 - pre-heat, atty lock even? But I would still rather have >40W + Nickel Purity than those things.

To be honest, big or small screen is pretty irrelevant when it is on the bottom of the mod!! Lol!

Shigura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Lincoln, NE
Thanks! I'll keep an eye out see if they come back.

Interestingly the 60W VS has gone as well, just 40-50 listed at the moment.
Just sent what I like to call the v1 rdna clone back to the motherland. What a POS but thats what I got for being foolish. Bit of a pain to get it shipped back but oh well. Lesson learned the hard way "if you don't know who made it, don't go buying it"

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
Just sent what I like to call the v1 rdna clone back to the motherland. What a POS but thats what I got for being foolish. Bit of a pain to get it shipped back but oh well. Lesson learned the hard way "if you don't know who made it, don't go buying it"

Oh sorry to hear that. Where did you get it from? Was that the 40W with the Kangxin chip? What was wrong with it?

Shigura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Lincoln, NE
Oh sorry to hear that. Where did you get it from? Was that the 40W with the Kangxin chip? What was wrong with it?
It was what gearbest had on presale that was promptly removed once devices where in hand. Noticed it was removed and so I contacted as to why and all I got was defective. The 510 was crooked so it was wonky and randomly from time to time would lose connection with an atty on. The TC was half assed at best but it worked maybe more like the m80 as it would burn the cotton. So I dialed the settings back 100° less then a real dna40 and worked just fine, far from great though. Until it just wouldn't accept any atty as I dusted it off when I sent my real rDNA40 to get looked at.

Shigura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Lincoln, NE
Oh dear! Sorry to hear that. You really have bad luck with VS mods :)
Nah the clone was extremely foolish but liked the form factor and so I then brought an authentic. Its just my real one had some wicked battery drain when not in use, no atty attached. So thats why I was agreeing to how kangxin handled deep sleep in the Mini VF and not quite like a DNA chip.

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
Nah the clone was extremely foolish but liked the form factor and so I then brought an authentic. Its just my real one had some wicked battery drain when not in use, no atty attached. So thats why I was agreeing to how kangxin handled deep sleep in the Mini VF and not quite like a DNA chip.

I never understood why Evolv didn't allow the mod to be turned off. Sleep is fine, but add a manual shutdown as well. Not exactly hard. The mod has to handle shutdown situations when people change batteries so why not allow it to be done manually.

It's good that Kangxin/Rayn finally added that. Wish more clones had, sooner.

Reactions: Shigura

Shigura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Lincoln, NE
dang... wonder whats happening over at FT! ALL the vapor sharks and the flask clone are gone... only the zero clones left. vapor shark and vapor flask must have dropped the hammer... glad I ordered a VS before they vanished.
I didn't notice this earlier but focalecig had the kangxin flask for around 36 bucks :|

Reactions: nelsonm64
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread