Newbi looking for best AVP starter pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
I am looking to get my first e-cig and of course I need help picking the right one for me. I have read many posts and I think I want an APV. I have looked at a couple and just want to see if anything new has come out since then. I want to try to keep everything under $200 CAD. I will need everything as I have bupkis. I consider myself as tech savvy and I am not concerned about the learning curve that is suggested in other posts. I just want to get the best bang for my buck. I live in Canada if that helps you recommend.

Thanks for reading,
Paul

Intervap

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2013
Port Huron, Mi
The innokin SVD was my first SVD. The kit comes with two iClear 30s. Its a really great mod and the only huge downside I can see is its is large. If you put an 18650 in there its going to be very very long.
The MVP is another great one I like. However, if you have $200 to spend I would get a Provari and a bottom fed clearo.
Of course, with any kit, batteries and a charger will not be included.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Hi Paul and welcome to ECF. All set for Winter?
My recommendations:
Innokin iTaste MVP V2.0 - 101 Vape contains everything
or
Needs batts+ charger:
Flat Top
Sigelei ZMAX V3- Flat top - 101 Vape
Round Top
Sigelei ZMAX V3- Round top - 101 Vape

Keep your eye on Vapor Joes - Daily Vaping Deals Realize though if ordering from FasTech it may take awhile and they're also having problems with China Post sending gear back to Sender.
After 5 posts wait 1 hr for the ECF servers to reset and http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...w-nic-supplier-list-via-pm-only-part-2-a.html

MVP 2 Review:

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Hi Paul and welcome to the asylum. ;-)

The above suggestions are all quite good. It's hard to go wrong with any of the Innokin iTaste APVs or iClear atomizers... short of more high end, higher power devices like the NexGen Futura, SM Semovar (Nivel chip) and Fluid Cyborg - or any of the other DNA20 APVs, Innokin products are about as cutting edge as you can get in the medium price range.
Remember that with most APVs, you'll need to allow cash for atomizers, batteries and chargers that you'll need.

One not mentioned is the Innokin iTaste VTR. I don't care much for the weight of it, but many find it "comforting" - and the side mount atomizer "enclosure" and "power wheel" are fun features... so perhaps another one to consider.

Have fun!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I won't say which to avoid, but trusted vendors are AltSmoke, Discount Vapors, and My Vapor Store.

Recommending e-juice makers is the toughest, as taste is so subjective from one person to the next. I will say that AltSmoke has over 100 flavors from several e-liquid manufacturers. I know, that doesn't really help you.

Having said that, my favorite e-liquid vendor is Dripeez should you like fruit flavors. Their Golden Apple is one of my all time favorites; I use it solo and also add either some Dripeez Cinnamon or Rum to change things up.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
This has been very helpful. Any advice on which company's/web sites to avoid? e-juice makers? Looks like vapor joe looks legit.

VJ is very legit and I don't post links/ companies that aren't on the up and up. Get 5 posts and ask for the Cdn Vendors List as per my link. In general Canvape.com is located in Onatrio, inexpensive and has the latest gear. Also ECF listed/ verified which means to stay listed they must operate under a strict code of ethics...compare prices though. Hardware okay to import but juices a no no. Canvape has the MVP 2 for $59.00 but it includes 2 clearomizers. Problem is the minute you buy someone comes out with a sale :facepalm:
Last week ordered 4 X MVP 2 and 3 X Zmax for Christmas from 101vape.com. One last point- make absolute sure you buy a quality charger and batteries. $40 is a very good price IMO.

Last edited:
Any thoughts on what ohm I should get? I will order the MVP 2 that you listed for 60. can you think of anything else i should get? Also, I am guessing that I can not get juice with nicotine here in Canada. I will need to make a couple of more posts before I can hopefully get a supplier list that might be able to help out. Thanks again for all of your help.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
You're welcome. Generally with an APV the ohms that offers the widest range of use is 2.8- 3.0 ohms. Realize also the iClears and most other clearomizers are rebuildable. The heads (wick+ coil) can be easily (20 secs) and inexpensively replaced thereby reusing the tank itself. Yes there's lots of nic juice in Canada. Actually Electric Cigarettes | E Cigarettes Canada | Buy Electronic Cigarettes sells the MVP 2 for $69.00- would save on delivery if picked up located at:
Vaporus
439 Boul Sir Wilfrid Laurier
Mont Saint Hilaire, Quebec
Canada J3H 3P2
514-562-8191

Retail Store Address:

1613 St Denis
Montreal, Quebec
H2X 3K3
514-508-5051

Their juices are highly regarded and so are http://www.shop.vaporium.ca/

Buy samples to begin with. Also a good idea to buy a 510 atomizer to test new juices as some will taste awful and atomizers are very easy to clean:
Atomizer/ Atty- an element in a metal tube on to which 3-4 drops of juice is dripped- usually used for testing new juices because Attys are easy to clean.
My story:
Best to buy samples to find your likes and dislikes. When I first began vaping I bought 30 wide ranging samples. Out of those 30 I liked 10. Immediately ordered another 20 and out of those I liked 10…so out 50 different flavors I enjoyed 20. Months later I tried those 30 samples that I disliked and enjoyed all but one. Whether it was because my tastes had changed or they needed steeping I don’t know. Realize also "same name" juices will vary greatly in taste from vendor to vendor as they all have diff recipes and order ingredients from diff Suppliers.

Any thoughts on what ohm I should get? I will order the MVP 2 that you listed for 60. can you think of anything else i should get? Also, I am guessing that I can not get juice with nicotine here in Canada. I will need to make a couple of more posts before I can hopefully get a supplier list that might be able to help out. Thanks again for all of your help.

Last edited:

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
That is perfect! The store is only a 15 minute bus ride. I will try the samples like you suggested. You guys have been a great help. Thanks one more time I really appreciate it.

Great :thumbs: I was hoping it was close by. Sometimes better to pay a lil' extra if the Vendor is close in case of issues. Also a really good idea to have an emergency vendor close by. There are 2 diff iClears- iClear 16 and iClear 30- some like the 30 better cuz it has lottsa wicks. Also while you're in the store sample some juices and then buy.
Best of Luck.

Follow up post.

I went and bought my MVP 2 kit today (Blue). It came with the iClear 30. I also bought a V3 Nova to go with it. I got 5x30ml juices to go with it. I am very happy. The guys at the shop were helpful. It also helped a lot going in with a idea of what I want. I looked at the iTaste 134...WOW that's a beast! and maybe my next purchases. The MVP Feels very solid and durable. No buyers remorse for me. Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread