nickel vs titanium

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigrf85

ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
jax, fl
both are used for temp control ni200 is softer than ti making it harder to maintain without damaging when rewicking.
ti (my preferred wire for tc) is stiffer easier to wick without damage has a higher resistance per foot from what i have seen and in my opinion i notice almost no flavor/vapor change from kanthal to ti which i like the warmer vape.

this is all what i have seen and experienced in my opinion not a by the book response as with vaping in general all is subjective

macis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2015
both are used for temp control ni200 is softer than ti making it harder to maintain without damaging when rewicking.
ti (my preferred wire for tc) is stiffer easier to wick without damage has a higher resistance per foot from what i have seen and in my opinion i notice almost no flavor/vapor change from kanthal to ti which i like the warmer vape.

this is all what i have seen and experienced in my opinion not a by the book response as with vaping in general all is subjective
oic. i'm intending to get my 1st TC mod, still couldn't decide over Sigelei 150TC or ipv4s. the sigelei costs slightly more but i like the build on it. but one thing ipv4s do better is with the titanium option.

any advice on which to get?

bigrf85

ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
jax, fl
i own the origional ipv4(the 1pv4s came out 6 days later lol) upgraded with firmware to basically be the ipv4s and love it no issues at all in the 2 months i have had it dont own a sigelei 150tc but do own a 100watt v1 and a 150 watt that both have great function and build quality so it the 150tc is built with the same care it would be a great mod as well not sure if it has ti support though

macis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2015
i own the origional ipv4(the 1pv4s came out 6 days later lol) upgraded with firmware to basically be the ipv4s and love it no issues at all in the 2 months i have had it dont own a sigelei 150tc but do own a 100watt v1 and a 150 watt that both have great function and build quality so it the 150tc is built with the same care it would be a great mod as well not sure if it has ti support though
the only thing holding me back to own a sigelei 150c is the lacked of titanium support.

i've read on most reviews tat ipv4s worked great too, i'm only worried about how long it gonna last as i will not be changing my mod again.

From what i've read titanium is as safe as all the other wires on the market except when heated over a too high of a temperature. Nickel has a lot more people allergic to it. Nickel is really hard to work with and you can only do spaced coils. With titanium it is strong like kanthal and a lot easier to build with. You can also do contact coils as long as you pulse it very carefully (don't let it glow)

additional information for building contact coils: the trick i use when pulsing is to go into a pitch black closet and pulse on a low wattage until it turns the littlest bit red and keep doing this until it glows from the middle.

Reactions: macis
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread