Status
Not open for further replies.

XeniaMike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Xenia, Ohio
Thanks for listening, dumb question. I am currently using Kanger Protanks and like them pretty well, but want to try Vivi Nova. What is the difference between V2 and V3? Is the coil at the top? Can you chain-vape it without burning? Is it hard to keep the wick moistened? How about washing it out in between different juices? Oh, still so much to learn. :blush:

dwolf111

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
Iowa
Make sure it is a Vision brand vivi nova. Yes the coil is at the top. I have not used the new V3 design just the V2, but I can chain vape until the top of my tank gets warm with the mini one. A few people complain about getting dry hits, but as long as you keep the wicks wet I have never had a dry hit. Disassembly of them is very easy to wash out inbetween different juices. I use both the mini and regular vivi nova's and enjoy them very much.

TampaToker69

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Tampa, FL, Alpha Quadrant
Make sure it is a Vision brand vivi nova. Yes the coil is at the top. I have not used the new V3 design just the V2, but I can chain vape until the top of my tank gets warm with the mini one. A few people complain about getting dry hits, but as long as you keep the wicks wet I have never had a dry hit. Disassembly of them is very easy to wash out inbetween different juices. I use both the mini and regular vivi nova's and enjoy them very much.

Is there a difference between the vision and the Totally wicked Stv Nova? I don't see much difference except for price and maybe a color variance....thoughts?

Amethyst_Star

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2011
Southern Wisconsin
www.facebook.com
I have been using my Vivi Nova V3 on my iTaste MVP and my eVic and I find that when I chain-vape, I occasionally will get a burnt taste. Blah! The eVic is telling me the Vivi Nova V3 is 1.4 ohms and I've got it set at 3.4V. :(

BTW, the V3 version is also top-coil. I turned my eVic down to 3.0V and it seems fine, now.

Last edited:

dmanindfw

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2011
DFW, TX
Personally I would stick with the KPT if they are working for you. I thought I was lacking some flavor with my protank so I purchased an aClear Variable Clearomizer yesterday. It's essentially a Vivi Nova copy. I am hugely disappointed in it. At first it was doing great, I was getting wonderful flavor, good vapor, and decent TH. Refilled yesterday and flooded it :( Blew everything out and got it working fine again. This morning fired it back up and it was working good. Refilled again and flooded again. Got it back up and running but was getting a lot of burnt hits. Opened it up and messed with the rubber seal at the top. Worked fine for a bit and then started getting burnt hits again. I keep lowering the wattage and it helps but when taking big hits, it starts giving me a horrible burnt taste. Some of my problems are likely user error but this thing is just SO DAMN fiddly. I just want to vape and don't want to spend half the day messing with this damn thing. I feel like I am doing all the right things (other than flooding when filling), I give it turns to keep wicks wet and keep plenty of juice in it. Right now I am only running it at 4.5 watts and while it seems to work fine with only small hits, anything longer than 2-3 seconds and I get dry hits with bad burnt taste.

With my protank I have never flooded it, never had leakage, etc. The protank has been wonderful. Again, if the protank is working well for you, I would recommend just staying with it. My Vivi Nova copy is just a pain. Again the real thing may be better, but it seems like many also have to fiddle a lot with those to get them working properly.

Amethyst_Star

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2011
Southern Wisconsin
www.facebook.com
With my protank I have never flooded it, never had leakage, etc. The protank has been wonderful. Again, if the protank is working well for you, I would recommend just staying with it. My Vivi Nova copy is just a pain. Again the real thing may be better, but it seems like many also have to fiddle a lot with those to get them working properly.

I agree! I love my ProTanks! I just think they have an airy draw. I'll have to look for the air holes and cover a few as I'm vaping.

Amethyst_Star

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2011
Southern Wisconsin
www.facebook.com
Yea, I tried my Vivi Nova as soon as it arrived and got a burnt taste right off the bat. No matter how I tilted and twirled it. I'm back with the Protanks for now.

The bottom of my Vivi Nova started leaking where it hooks up to the tank. I ordered a new one, but it was too tall and my cap wouldn't fit on when I was trying to use it. Guess I'll be sticking with the ProTanks. I did get an iClear 30, which works fine with my eVic.

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
I think most people complaining about Vivi Novas are using one of the many knock-offs out there. My Vision brand Vivi Novas never give me any trouble. I naturally hold my PV at an angle between puffs which keeps the wicks wet enough for good performance. When the juice runs out at the very bottom, I'll need to swirl it around a little to keep the wicks wet, that's when I'll refill.

The knock-offs can also work well if you're will to tinker with them. Some knock-offs will leak if filled above the hole where the wicks pass from tank to the coil, this leaking can be reduced or eliminated by adding a couple pieces of loose wick material above the coil, like Kanger does with evod and protank heads. When the knock-offs don't wick well, they probably need re-building with better wick material.

I'm going on 4 months now with my first Vision mini Vivi Nova metal tank, It's been filled with Mt Dew flavor since the beginning and the only maintenance it gets is an occasional rinse out when re-filling. It's not in constant use, but Mt Dew is one I vape a lot of. The second one, with Cherry Cola, has been going for about 3 months, also with just an occasional rinse-out.

Amethyst_Star

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2011
Southern Wisconsin
www.facebook.com
I think most people complaining about Vivi Novas are using one of the many knock-offs out there. My Vision brand Vivi Novas never give me any trouble. I naturally hold my PV at an angle between puffs which keeps the wicks wet enough for good performance. When the juice runs out at the very bottom, I'll need to swirl it around a little to keep the wicks wet, that's when I'll refill.

The knock-offs can also work well if you're will to tinker with them. Some knock-offs will leak if filled above the hole where the wicks pass from tank to the coil, this leaking can be reduced or eliminated by adding a couple pieces of loose wick material above the coil, like Kanger does with evod and protank heads. When the knock-offs don't wick well, they probably need re-building with better wick material.

I'm going on 4 months now with my first Vision mini Vivi Nova metal tank, It's been filled with Mt Dew flavor since the beginning and the only maintenance it gets is an occasional rinse out when re-filling. It's not in constant use, but Mt Dew is one I vape a lot of. The second one, with Cherry Cola, has been going for about 3 months, also with just an occasional rinse-out.

I think mine is a knock off and that'a probably why the part doesn't fit. The packaging doesn't say Vision on it, but the V on the Vivi looks just like the ones Vision sells. Mine doesn't even say Vivi Nova on it, either. I got mine from eBay, so I asked for it, I guess. I have heard the mini's are better, though. Not sure why.

Ldporche

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2013
Norman, Ok
I think mine is a knock off and that'a probably why the part doesn't fit. The packaging doesn't say Vision on it, but the V on the Vivi looks just like the ones Vision sells. Mine doesn't even say Vivi Nova on it, either. I got mine from eBay, so I asked for it, I guess. I have heard the mini's are better, though. Not sure why.

I've tried the mini vivi nova metal tanks and I kept getting this burnt nasty hit on my ego c twist, I love vaping on 4.8 so went back to my kanger t3, maybe I did something wrong, I don't want to throw them away cause they are pretty, help!!!!

Amethyst_Star

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2011
Southern Wisconsin
www.facebook.com
I've tried the mini vivi nova metal tanks and I kept getting this burnt nasty hit on my ego c twist, I love vaping on 4.8 so went back to my kanger t3, maybe I did something wrong, I don't want to throw them away cause they are pretty, help!!!!

I know! I miss my Vivi Nova. It was purple and I had replaced the tip with a purple drip tip! *sigh*

nctrekken

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2013
Fayetteville, NC
I started with the Vision vivi nova tanks. Haven't had an issue except finding the replacement heads. I have the flat one without the cones. The v3's use that type I believe. But I tried the smoketech vivi nova tank. Not happy. The whole tank cracked on two sides. I tightened it down, but not enough to crack the tank. I'll stick with the Vision brand v2

roonies

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2013
in the cat toy aisle
I use the Vision Mini Vivi Nova metal tanks on my 2 vision spinners with virtually no problems. I love them as I use a lot of tank cracking liquids. I usually vape on 4.3 for fruity flavors. Higher than that and I occasionally get a bit of a burnt taste. Just the opposite of you, I have Kanger T3 that I've had nothing but problems with...flooding, gurgling...hate it. Try lowering your volts a bit and see if that helps. I have the blue and pink metal vivi's and just ordered a black one today....love that they come with extra atomizers. Good luck! :D

roonies

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2013
in the cat toy aisle
I get my replacement heads at My Vapor Store....super quick service. They have the heads for the Vision vivi's, as well as metal tanks and polycarb tanks. Just ordered some today!

I started with the Vision vivi nova tanks. Haven't had an issue except finding the replacement heads. I have the flat one without the cones. The v3's use that type I believe. But I tried the smoketech vivi nova tank. Not happy. The whole tank cracked on two sides. I tightened it down, but not enough to crack the tank. I'll stick with the Vision brand v2

tatterz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
dfw, tx

Just curious, where do you get your mountain dew flavor at? I've tried (I believe) seven mountain dew flavors and all of them have just been no good. DFW Vapors was my favorite but now it just tastes too sweet for me now..for whatever reason.

Anyways, I just got a Vision Nova Mini in the mail and was a bit let down. I've only burned through one tank but its annoying to have to refill once the tank falls below a certain point. I keep getting a very slight burnt taste as well, I think I'm going to stick to the T3S - no gurgles, no burnt taste, no leaking, no juice through the mouthpiece. I'd like to try the VapeOnly but don't feel its worth $12 just to try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread