Not happy with my first experience, but love the idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gayle Patton

Jul 27, 2015
Hello - My first e-cig was bought my roommate for me. It stopped working after a couple of fills I hadn't even used a whole bottle. I took it back to the store and they wouldn't give a refund or exchange it even though I had a receipt. I ended buying another tank for it. Same thing the tank didn't last through a bottle of the juice. I thought this would be a great tool to quit smoking but it is going to cost more than smoking, which I can't afford why get hooked on another thing that costs money. I don't know if you are suppose to say what brand but it was Greenleaf, I tried contacting the company with no response at all.

My question.. why would companies be able to legally put out a product that is known to break down and not work. Why wouldn't customers be able to take a product back that doesn't work? Doesn't seem fair to the consumer.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Hello and welcome to the forum @Gayle Patton. Glad to have you here!:)

Which kit did you get? Welcome to Green Leaf - PREMIUM ELECTRONIC CIGARETTES

Nothing on the site is "Premium" (as Greenleaf claims) except the price.

Here's some info for you. What an e-cigarette consists of:

1. Power Source -- Battery or Mod/APV. APV = Advanced Personal Vaporizer
2. Juice Delivery Devise -- often a clearomizer (a tank that uses premade coils).
3. Heating Element. Often called a coil.
4. Eliquid. Often called juice.

If you are interested in learning more about e-cigarettes (and all the parts and pieces) below are some blog posts by ECF member @Baditude that I highly recommend for someone new to vaping.

1. A Good Starter's Setup for a Beginning Vapor
2. Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods
3. Proper terminology - Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Attachments
4. Something Safe for Cinnamon and Citrus Flavors

Here are a few more links from New Members Information <= Link covers many topics. Here are two of them:
1. The Three Main Types of Ecig
2. Vaping Slang and Acronyms

Last edited:

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
If it just the tank atomizer coil that died no company will give a refund for them, there is just no guarantee on how long the coil/atomizer will last some are even dead on arrival. You should be able to just buy the coils for the tank by themselves which should be less expensive then buying a new tank. I am trying to figure out what type of tanks those are but they do not say on the site but the store who sold it to you should be helping you a lot more with this.

Rsunderl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2014
Silver Spring, MD, USA
full

Hi @Gayle Patton and welcome to the forum!

If they are CE4 clearomizers, those are disposable and don't have replaceable coils. Besides, those are plastic and some juices like cinnamon and citrus juices will react with the plastic.

A good starter atomizer that's glass is the Aspire Nautilus Mini, and can be purchased rather inexpensively:
The Aspire Nautilus Mini Atomizer

These have replacement coils that can be cleaned for extended use. Replacement coils are reasonably-priced, too:
Authentic Aspire Nautilus Mini BVC Clearomizer Replacement Coil Head (5-Pack)

Hope it helps and Happy Vaping!

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Welcome! Please don't give up on the idea of "e cigs" or "vaping"....... I smoked for 35 + years and chewed lots of tobacco and was easily able to get off of tobacco products with the aid of vaping. You are indeed at the correct internet forum. You obviously had a bad experience for your first time, but trust me when I say that when you get the right setup, you will have reliability along with a satisfying vaping device that is as satisfying (if not more) than smoking. Everyone is here to help you to the right setup and help you start your journey.

Reactions: NoFumus

glointhedark

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 5, 2013
    Antelope, CA, USA
    How did it die? What is it doing, or not doing? Did you make sure the contacts on the battery and the charger are clean? Is the battery not charging at all?

If the problem seems to be with the battery, and the contacts on the battery and charger are clean, you may have been over-tightening the tank onto the battery and pushed the center pin in. This is a fairly easy fix. Just make sure to turn your battery off before starting. Take something small and slim, like a paper clip or a yarn or tapestry needle, and wiggle the center pin on the battery up just a smidge. When you attach your tank, finger tight is good.

If you think the problem is with the tank - are you getting any vapor or taste at all? Do you hear any gurgling when you try to vape? Is there any eliquid on the battery contact? Is the tank cracked?

If you are getting little to no vapor, hear a gurgling sound when you try to vape, find that you have to draw harder when you try to vape, and/or notice more than a tiny drop of eliquid on the battery, you probably need a new coil. If the coils on your tank are not replaceable, you will need a new tank. I would suggest looking for a tank with replaceable coils - much cheaper in the long run to get new coils than to keep replacing tanks. If the tank is cracked, or looks in any way damaged or melted, you may be using an eliquid that is what is known as a "tank cracker". Tank crackers are eliquids that can damage plastic tanks, such as citrus and cinnamon. There is a list here on ECF of eliquid flavors that can damage plastic tanks, and some vendors, such as Mt. Baker Vapor, advise which of their eliquids have been reported as damaging plastic tanks. If your tank is damaged, you will need a new tank. I would suggest a glass tank, such as the Protank 2 Mini. They are relatively inexpensive. With a glass tank, it will not matter what eliquid you use, and the coils are easily replaced at a reasonable cost. I clean our used coils, and usually average an extra 2-3 uses per coil before they finally die.

Don't give up on vaping just yet. Sometimes it takes a bit to find the gear and eliquid that works best for you. There is usually some trial and error involved. When my daughter and I decided to try vaping, it took a couple of months for us to come up with the money to get the basic cigalike kits that we thought we wanted. They worked for us. When I discovered ECF, I did a lot of reading, and thought we would be better served with basic Kanger Evod kits. It took another few months for us to be able to afford kits for each of us. We are in a happy place right now with the Evods. Mind you, we had quit smoking around 9 years ago, and started vaping around 3 years ago when stress and cravings were making smoking seem more and more desirable. Vaping, unfortunately, cannot take away the stress, but it helps, and it does satisfy the cravings, and we are still ex-smokers. What works for us may not be right for you.

Keep reading and asking questions. Even if you have to try equipment in steps, as you can afford it, it is well worth the effort.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2013
    New Orleans La.
    if you had the slender clear type tanks, the unit didnt die, the coil clogged up ( which is normal) depending on how much you vape, the tank can last 3-8 or so days... depending on the tank, the coil can be replaced.....
    kinda like a smoker saying something to the effect of " my lighter died" not realizing its out of lighter fluid...

SerialVapist1991

Jul 20, 2015
    Stick with it Gayle! Glad to see you are able to push through bad service and products to continue to better your overall health and well being! Welcome to an amazing new Community and scene that's moving towards a much cleaner brighter future! #....Smoking #WeVape [HASHTAG]#VapeLife[/HASHTAG] #WeDontSmoke

Hello - My first e-cig was bought my roommate for me. It stopped working after a couple of fills I hadn't even used a whole bottle. I took it back to the store and they wouldn't give a refund or exchange it even though I had a receipt. I ended buying another tank for it. Same thing the tank didn't last through a bottle of the juice. I thought this would be a great tool to quit smoking but it is going to cost more than smoking, which I can't afford why get hooked on another thing that costs money. I don't know if you are suppose to say what brand but it was Greenleaf, I tried contacting the company with no response at all.

My question.. why would companies be able to legally put out a product that is known to break down and not work. Why wouldn't customers be able to take a product back that doesn't work? Doesn't seem fair to the consumer.

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Green leaf ego express kit
    Unfortunately, that's one of the worse companies to buy from. They use a fancy website with fake recommendations and claim they sell only the best products, but nothing could be further from the truth.

SusanS has already posted links to my blogs. Don't give up vaping, it really does work. Just gain a better understanding of how vaping works and get better gear.

edyle

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 23, 2013
    Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago

don't give up.

my first ecig was a menthol sent to me by my niece;
    I hate menthol;
    hardly used it;
    but the experience was enough to convince me to look for non menthol ones, and that's how I got started.

Vaping can be more expensive or 10 times cheaper than cigarettes.
    There are many options

btw, did you recharge the battery ?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread