Novice needs help

Status
Not open for further replies.

dskarpus

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2009
Manhattan Upper West Side
I like Eastmall service, and Ed seems helpful but he couldn't answer my questions. I started with a njoy Npro (4081), then got a Janty mini-fogger (Joye 306?a) then a pen-style 4072. I just got a 901 manual from Eastmall. I want to order spare atomizers, batteries and blank carts but these model numbers don't correspond with Eastmall's. I really wish there was a model directory in a large matrix form for easy lookup with full info on each model. That's my number 1 question. Number 2 is I don't have a home computer because I use my Samsung Instinct. I love the idea of a passthrough. Is there an adaptor for a phone charger to a passthrough ?

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Hi dskarpus,
I'll try to help some... I started with the RN4072 from another company (and still use a penstyle everyday). It seems that the RN4072 isn't being made anymore... so you'll just have to start buying 801s. Frustrating, but that's the way it goes with models being made by different companies.

The 4072 is usually compatible with the penstyle DSE801 however, I have some that need a bit of tweeking with to work with each other. The center post sometimes is a bit shorter when mixing parts, and to solve that, I either will lift gently on the center post of the battery with a paper clip inserted in the hole, or will solve the connection with the "staple modification"
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-center-conductor-gap-penstyle-atomizers.html

I'd like to suggest (and I learned the hard way) is that you buy several 801 batteries and matching atomizers if you can, just to ensure you don't have compatibility issues and so you can start building up parts made to work with each other. Sticking with one Supplier for a model is a good idea (and you've picked a good one here!) :waves at Ed and David: Customer service here can't be beat.

On the passthrough plug in, I use one made for an Ipod and it works great! I think as long as you get a similar type (made for Ipod) you should be fine (available at BestBuy, but if you can wait, you can get one from Deal Extreme on line for only a few dollars each).

You also can buy a Kensington USB rechargeable battery pack from BestBuy (I can't tell if you are in the USA, so you might want to update your Member information so others can more easily help you). I understand the Kensington is on sale right now for $39.95, and they do go on sale about every 2 months or so. I bought 2 of them to use with my passthrough, and it solves the plug in and battery issue for an entire day for me.

Regarding your other models (I have never used those), you might want to look in the model specific threads on the forum: Model Specific Discussion or maybe someone else can post info. here for you.
Vicky

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
LOL... stealth vaping. People (non-smokers) start waving their hands in front of their faces when I use mine in public outdoors, and then realize they don't smell cigarettes, ha.

In the User CP (Control Panel) link at the top of the page, you can go back in and add your location so it appears with your member name and avatar. Then people will be able to direct you a bit better on making purchases since they'll know you are in the U.S. and the City/State you live in.

Glad I could help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread