Status
Not open for further replies.

brickfollett

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Washington
I didn't know this thing even existed until today. I stopped by a local B&M that I don't visit very often to pick up some mesh and a 25R battery, and saw this guy behind the glass. I asked the guy if that was a Fogger V5 because I was interested and he said "No it's a V6." Skeptical, I had to get a closer look. Classic Yiloong packaging and engraved on the side was the Fogger 6 emblem. Who knew?

I never really did much research on the V5, but I hear it's intended as a dual vertical coil which doesn't appeal to me personally. I like my classic sideways coils. I have a V4.4.4 and was rather underwhelmed by it and never really enjoyed trying to build on those screws. Obviously Yiloong took a lesson from the Lemo and the Goblin. Here's the build deck:

E15FOGGERV6-7.jpg

Super easy to build, obviously. It's still a top fill like the V5, and has adjustable airflow. Maximum size is 2mm on each side. It doesn't sound like much, but it's a very nice draw. I'd compare it to somewhat less than max airflow on the Taifun GT2 and the Squape Reloaded. It's not quite that wide, but it's really close. The AFC has detentes with a little clicky thing. It's not a ball bearing, and if you take the AFC ring off, the little clicky brass pins WILL FALL OUT. So if you're taking it apart, pay attention to what your doing.

HTB1o1gCGVXXXXX7XXXXq6xXFXXXh.jpg

The picture is scaled pretty good for the 1.5mm and the 2mm, but the 1mm is smaller than it looks in the picture. Basically three options, 1. Mouth inhale, 2. Lung inhale, 3. Somewhere in between. It's also a top fill. I'm not familiar with how the top fill system works on the V5, but here it is.

HTB1CkQqGVXXXXc7aXXXq6xXFXXXG.jpg

Couple of differences between the stock photo and mine. My top cap does not have the Fogger 6.0 engraving on it, and the Fogger engraving on the side is smaller. The Fogger engraving on the side is actually engraved, not lasered on like it appears in the photo. Basically the fat O-ring sits on top of those two holes on the top cap, then the top top cap goes on top of that. You have to be pretty quick when filling it. With the AFC turned off, some air will still come through, I did a dry pull with the AFC closed and it's not sealed. It trys to flood and gurgle a bit right after filling, but about 5 minutes of chain vaping takes care of that pretty quick. Really a flaw with any top fill setup except the Kayfun 4.

Fogger_V6_WM__68160.1421385352.1280.1280.jpg

This is exactly what you get. The glass drip tip is cool, but not my style. It obviously gets all "Foggy" right after taking a vape. I'm using the tip that came with my Stingray X right now.

Here it is on my P3:

So my final thoughts on it are very positive. Some of you may know that I've been on the hunt for a nice RTA for quite some time now and have experimented with a Kayfun lite+ v2, Erlkonigin, Squape Reloaded and Taifun GT2, all authentics. I've sold each one of them because they're too finicky or didn't meet my expectations. I borrowed a friends Kayfun 4, which was very good, but the airflow doesn't come even close to this. I haven't tried it since he installed the subohm kit though. All the tanks I've had have cost me nearly 200 bucks a piece and I've lost a bit of money after selling them. I paid $25 bucks for this thing and love it! I'm sure you all will too!

aaaand GO!

Last edited:

brickfollett

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Washington
I feel the same way about the version four, but I can definitely vouch for the 6 given all the high end rebuildable tanks I've tried and failed with. It may not be up to par with fine machining work, but it takes alot of design features from other popular tanks out there and combines it into a package that works well, looks good and is super cheap. I will say that it has a tendency to flood every time you fill it. I'll have to figure out a way to correct that. It's all about breaking that vacuum seal with the top cap

Big Me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2014
England
How are you wicking this? I use the screw down method (wet wicks, push into channels, screw on chimney base). it worked fine the first time I did it but not on builds since :( Any tips/advice?

This is my first dual RTA (my other RTA is an aga t5) and comparing the two, the airflow is more restrictive on the fogger and it's annoying having to drain the tank everytime I want to get to the deck (which, atm, is quite often lol).

The flavour is good and once I get the wicking sussed, I'm sure it'll be even better.

ETA: Ok, rewicked it. This time I trimmed the wicks to the top of the base of the chimney, then tucked them down onto the deck and over the channels. Wicking much better with no dry hits, even at 30W. (can't say I like vaping at 30W, but that's not the point). Now to figure out how to stop it leaking out of the airholes after filling..!

Last edited:

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Otm? It's pretty good, I need to experiment with other builds. It's close to the taifun gt2, not quite there, but I only ever achieved one fantastic build on the gt2. I'm going to try a build with 28 or 29 gauge and see how that goes

I'm not sure what OTM stands for. First they called it authentic, then OEM and now its OTM. However, the flavor is fantastic, it wicks very well, and has juice control so that should prevent the possibility of flooding or dry hitting. I love it.

brickfollett

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Washington
How are you wicking this? I use the screw down method (wet wicks, push into channels, screw on chimney base). it worked fine the first time I did it but not on builds since :( Any tips/advice?

This is my first dual RTA (my other RTA is an aga t5) and comparing the two, the airflow is more restrictive on the fogger and it's annoying having to drain the tank everytime I want to get to the deck (which, atm, is quite often lol).

The flavour is good and once I get the wicking sussed, I'm sure it'll be even better.

ETA: Ok, rewicked it. This time I trimmed the wicks to the top of the base of the chimney, then tucked them down onto the deck and over the channels. Wicking much better with no dry hits, even at 30W. (can't say I like vaping at 30W, but that's not the point). Now to figure out how to stop it leaking out of the airholes after filling..!
I did it similar to your second try, just alot sloppier lol

Mrez

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New Jersey, United States
Interesting, I had the v5 and was very happy with it until I cracked the tank. Haven't gotten around to ordering another one. I have to be honest though, based on past experiences with 4 post type set ups, I think I prefered the two post set up. Easier to keep things centered and the screws are easier to handle for my butter fingers. Might be worth the buy though. I was always happy with the flavor and vapor production I got out of the v5, and top fill as far as I am concerned is the only way to go at this point. I ended up getting a top fill cap for my orchid because of how much simpler it's made my life. Once you get the wicking down, top filling is a breeze.

brickfollett

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Washington
Very nice. I decided to stuff a cue tip down the chimney and close off the airflow while filling and the flooding wasn't so bad. I turned it upside down and sat it on a paper towel after filling for a minute or so and it drained out the chimney and works fine since. Something that troubled me though, when I was screwing down the top cap (not the very top fill cap) after I finished a build, I heard a crack and thought I cracked the tank. From what I can gather, the threads are skipping on the chimney. After examining it, I didn't notice any apparent stripping of the threads, but there are only 3 or 4 threads on the physical cap, which isn't much to grab the threads on the chimney. I'm hoping the threads are just sloppy and aren't getting damaged, it's on there plenty tight, but I wish I could have it a tad more secure.

I also did a dual 9 wrap 28 gauge micro coil around a 2.5mm bit which turned out great. My p3 is a little underpowered to drive that build but it's still very good. Doing fantastic on my hcigar stingray x though, very nice looking combo.

Any thoughts or experience with the top cap threads? Would a helicoil be feasible to increase the number of threads to grab the chimney?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1422238534341.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1422238534341.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 178

brickfollett

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Washington
Interesting, I had the v5 and was very happy with it until I cracked the tank. Haven't gotten around to ordering another one. I have to be honest though, based on past experiences with 4 post type set ups, I think I prefered the two post set up. Easier to keep things centered and the screws are easier to handle for my butter fingers. Might be worth the buy though. I was always happy with the flavor and vapor production I got out of the v5, and top fill as far as I am concerned is the only way to go at this point. I ended up getting a top fill cap for my orchid because of how much simpler it's made my life. Once you get the wicking down, top filling is a breeze.
Is there a source for replacement parts besides the glass for the foggers?

Big Me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2014
England
Very nice. I decided to stuff a cue tip down the chimney and close off the airflow while filling and the flooding wasn't so bad. I turned it upside down and sat it on a paper towel after filling for a minute or so and it drained out the chimney and works fine since. Something that troubled me though, when I was screwing down the top cap (not the very top fill cap) after I finished a build, I heard a crack and thought I cracked the tank. From what I can gather, the threads are skipping on the chimney. After examining it, I didn't notice any apparent stripping of the threads, but there are only 3 or 4 threads on the physical cap, which isn't much to grab the threads on the chimney. I'm hoping the threads are just sloppy and aren't getting damaged, it's on there plenty tight, but I wish I could have it a tad more secure.

I also did a dual 9 wrap 28 gauge micro coil around a 2.5mm bit which turned out great. My p3 is a little underpowered to drive that build but it's still very good. Doing fantastic on my hcigar stingray x though, very nice looking combo.

Any thoughts or experience with the top cap threads? Would a helicoil be feasible to increase the number of threads to grab the chimney?

I've only had the threads pop once through overtightening and I later found I had difficulty in separating the two sections of the chimney from eachother when I wanted to rewick the device. Don't know if it's connected but it's something I'll be watching out for.

Last edited:

brickfollett

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Washington
I feel like it wasn't very tight when it popped though. I don't plan on taking it to work or anything, but for out of the house on my days off and stuff, it'll be right with me. I have a flash e vapor v3 on the way (authentic) and it's going to have to be quite a performer to take the fogger 6's seat at the throne, especially given the price difference. If the threads go, I can just grab another one for 25 bucks. Not a mentality I usually take regarding hardware, but the thing works so well that I would be willing to pick up another one if those threads strip

Big Me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2014
England
I feel like it wasn't very tight when it popped though. I don't plan on taking it to work or anything, but for out of the house on my days off and stuff, it'll be right with me. I have a flash e vapor v3 on the way (authentic) and it's going to have to be quite a performer to take the fogger 6's seat at the throne, especially given the price difference. If the threads go, I can just grab another one for 25 bucks. Not a mentality I usually take regarding hardware, but the thing works so well that I would be willing to pick up another one if those threads strip

Do you think it might be a design feature so you don't accidentally shatter the tank? Just a thought...

Man, I've got to do a search on that flash e vapor thing to see what you're getting. :lol: (I'm not hip to these things, don't you know). Though, considering how rapt you are at getting one, I take it that it's good! ;)

Oh, mine still hasn't leaked after refilling, so I'm well impressed.

brickfollett

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Washington
Do you think it might be a design feature so you don't accidentally shatter the tank? Just a thought...

Man, I've got to do a search on that flash e vapor thing to see what you're getting. :lol: (I'm not hip to these things, don't you know). Though, considering how rapt you are at getting one, I take it that it's good! ;)

Oh, mine still hasn't leaked after refilling, so I'm well impressed.
Haha yeah I'm thoroughly impressed too. The tank shatter protection hadn't crossed my mind. However, I doubt that's its purpose because it's only a 25 dollar tank. If it were a 200 dollar tank like the squape-r, taifun gt2 and erlkonigin, all of which I've owned, I could see that being the purpose. Yeah the flash e vapor is a very unique design, but it's extremely tall. Not a deal breaker, but everyone who owns it says the flavor is superior to everything they've tried. Doesnt hurt that lots of people run it up at 75 watts with no wicking issues either!

Big Me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2014
England
Haha yeah I'm thoroughly impressed too. The tank shatter protection hadn't crossed my mind. However, I doubt that's its purpose because it's only a 25 dollar tank. If it were a 200 dollar tank like the squape-r, taifun gt2 and erlkonigin, all of which I've owned, I could see that being the purpose. Yeah the flash e vapor is a very unique design, but it's extremely tall. Not a deal breaker, but everyone who owns it says the flavor is superior to everything they've tried. Doesnt hurt that lots of people run it up at 75 watts with no wicking issues either!

Ok... so it might be an inadvertent design feature... Who cares if it saves your tanks! :laugh:

:offtopic:
flash e vapor v3
You started the thread and you brought up the subject up so I'm running with it. (Briefly) ;) Just watched the YT vid by AndrewW and it's a very unusual RTA. The system reminds me of an upside down genesis build. And people are able to use this at 75W with that tiny airhole? Wow! Keep us updated as to what it's like when you get it, please?

brickfollett

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Washington
Ok... so it might be an inadvertent design feature... Who cares if it saves your tanks! [emoji23]

:offtopic:
flash e vapor v3
You started the thread and you brought up the subject up so I'm running with it. (Briefly) ;) Just watched the YT vid by AndrewW and it's a very unusual RTA. The system reminds me of an upside down genesis build. And people are able to use this at 75W with that tiny airhole? Wow! Keep us updated as to what it's like when you get it, please?
Most definitely. Not quite a upside down genesis, but close. more so cotton fed by mesh wicks. I'm interested in spending some time with it if it ever shows up lol. Been stuck in Germany for 3 weeks

Big Me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2014
England
Most definitely. Not quite a upside down genesis, but close. more so cotton fed by mesh wicks. I'm interested in spending some time with it if it ever shows up lol. Been stuck in Germany for 3 weeks

Three weeks?!? That's not a very good example of German efficiency. :lol:

So... d'yer reckon we're the only ones to have bought the fogger v6, whilst everyone else has gone for the Subtanks? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread