Not open for further replies.

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
heya Ryan - are you using the subtank and which coil

sounds like either coil is not seated properly (needs to be screwed in finger firm) or possibly center pin in mini has gotten pushed down (check pin - do you see any black marks or spots on it?)

if it is reading 9.9 ohms, don't fire it - will be sending way too much power to coil (amps wise)

*correction - not amps wise, voltage wise

Last edited:
Reactions: Baditude

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
What juice attachment are you using? Factory-made or home-made coils? What is the coil resistance supposed to be?

A major change in the resistance reading of a coil is most likely from a coil short or a loose post screw on an RBA. A shorted coil, if the mod will fire it, can cause the vape to taste harsh.

I'd replace the coil in your juice attachment if I were you.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Hey fam, I'm new to this whole vaping thing lol more of a hookah guy but I recently purchased the Kanger subox mini about 2 weeks ago and yesterday the ohms read 9.9 and now it's way to harsh to hit I'm not sure what I did

9.9 usually would mean the centerpin is not making contact.

harsh hit sounds like maybe there's a lot of fluctuation in ohms, perhaps at the centerpin contact.

$41.57 SUBOX Mini Styled Starter Kit - 7-50W / 4.5ml / 0.5ohm(15-60W) / 1*18650 / white at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

If it has spring loaded centerpin, maybe the extra ohms is coming from the spring;
so try using a screwdriver to press the centerpin in/out 10 to 20 times; be careful not to press the fire button while doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread