Status
Not open for further replies.

humpstyles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
Pennsylvania
I'm so lucky you guys on here are so smart. Seriously.

Just gonna throw a few questions out and hope someone can shoot me some advice on any of them.

I've been running an eVod clone on my eVic, 2.2ohm coil, had my wattage set to 5.5-6.0w.

I just got a new PT3 and some Suicide Bunny Sucker Punch in the mail on lunch break from work, so I quickly filled it up and threw it on. The display read 1.9ohm for the factory PT3, so I'm not exactly sure how many watts I should crank it up to, especially since it's dual coil. I got a few metal tasting hits, but that's most likely from not allowing the wick to saturate and also the custom drip tip I threw on.

I've been running it at 7 watts just to be safe, as I don't want to fry the coil without consoling the forums first.

Appreciate it.

humpstyles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
Pennsylvania
Ok, so I have done more research and found that I'm going to need some ooomph for the PT3. The eVic goes up to 11 watts which is right around 4.7V, which seems to be sufficient enough for now. Not getting the immense clouds that I was originally hoping for, but I guess that I'd need a Provari or some other more powerful device.

The 11 watts compared to the 6 watts is definitely enough for me now.

erikbal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
Olean, NY
What I have been told is to gradually increase it a little bit at a time until you get to where you're happy. If you start getting a burnt taste then back it off a little. Generally the higher ohm the coil is the higher voltage/wattage you can run. A general rule of thumb for voltage is to take the ohms and add 2 and start from there. So if you have a 2 ohm coil start at around 4v. Every juice and device is different though. Sorry I don't have as much experience with wattage. I usually use my MVP2 and vv v3 in voltage mode, for some reason.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread