Status
Not open for further replies.

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Im thinking of getting one I wanna know what you guys think about it! Let me know!

No point in getting one of these, the Maganus has fell by the way side, the makers fell out and went and made their own, one was the Maganus, the other the Starre tank, although most say they are the same tank, there are difference's the main on being, the Starre has larger cut outs inside to fill the tank better, the Maganus is a real pain to fill up.

Their are a few versions of the Starre, V2, which I call the standard tank, awesome tank for sure, then they bought one out with AFC on the drip tip (V3)

Personally I'd wait for the Starre Pro to come out in a matter of days now..looking good :thumb:

2dr83dc.jpg

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
The Freemax Starre is virtually identical to the Maganus, but the Starre has two distinct advantages.

1. It has grooves cut into the inner metal ring making it easier to fill the tank without needing a needle-tip on your juice bottle.
2. It's cheaper. Significantly cheaper. Where the Maganus is a $30+ tank I've seen the Starre for as little as $23.

And then there is another option.

Sometime within the next 2 weeks Freemax will be releasing the Starre Pro. The Starre Pro has top-fill and an airflow control drip tip. Also Freemax will be releasing temperature control coils as well. The temperature control coils will work in the regular Starre and Starre Pro.

As for how well the Starre works, it's the only tank with premade coils that I've ever bought two of.

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Freemax is advertising it as a temperature control tank that comes with a .15ohm Ni200 DVC.

Ahh thanks for that, 0.15ohm, geez, this is already the most thirsty tank I own as it is, better get some DIY on the go. Also Im sure my SnowWolf 200w in temp mode can only hit about 70w, hopefully that will be enough for the 0.15ohm, as the range is 20w - 100w.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Ahh thanks for that, 0.15ohm, geez, this is already the most thirsty tank I own as it is, better get some DIY on the go. Also Im sure my SnowWolf 200w in temp mode can only hit about 70w, hopefully that will be enough for the 0.15ohm, as the range is 20w - 100w.
You do know TC coils are always below .3?
It wont require anywhere near 100watts

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Yes, just the 0.25ohm nickel would of been more in range with the SnowWolf but Im sure it will be fine..

I'm willing to bet that the .15 coil works best. It's a Dual Parallel Vertical Coil like the Kanthal coils, but the .25ohm nickel coil is a single vertical coil.

And I wouldn't worry about the wattage range. It's going to work off temperature and you'll almost certainly find that after the initial 70W blast to get it up to operating temperature that the mod drops the wattage down below 30W to maintain the temperature you set. Nickel wire doesn't take much to get really hot which is why most TC mods only do 40-50W in TC mode. The SnowWolf has the highest wattage in TC mode of any mod currently on the market, and I think only the upcoming Sigelei mods will go higher (75W in TC mode).

Remember that in TC mode it's the temperature, not the wattage that's important. All high watts really does is heat the coil to operating temperature faster before the Temperature Control kicks in and reduces the wattage to maintain the temperature. High watts in TC mode is really only for getting thick wire to operating temperature faster so you don't have any lag before it starts producing vapor.

Last edited:

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
I'm willing to bet that the .15 coil works best. It's a Dual Parallel Coil like the Kanthal coils, but the .25ohm nickel coil is a single vertical coil.

And I wouldn't worry about the wattage range. It's going to work off temperature and you'll almost certainly find that after the initial 70W blast to get it up to operating temperature that the mod drops the wattage down below 30W to maintain the temperature you set. Nickel wire doesn't take much to get really hot which is why most TC mods only do 40-50W in TC mode. The SnowWolf has the highest wattage in TC mode of any mod currently on the market, and I think only the upcoming Sigelei mods will go higher (75W in TC mode).

Remember that in TC mode it's the temperature, not the wattage that's important. All high watts really does is heat the coil to operating temperature faster before the Temperature Control kicks in and reduces the wattage to maintain the temperature.

That's very helpful, as you can see, I'm a noob with the temp coils, look forward to trying them, very helpful post, this should eliminate dry hits then really, only had one with the Starre so far but that was my fault :thumb:

Rabbit Slayer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2015
Scottsdale, AZ
  • Deleted by Robino1
  • Reason: Not helpful

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
One more thing, I HIGHLY recommend getting into DIY juices. For an initial investment of less than $200 including shipping I have enough supplies to make over 9,500ml of juice. If you're making max VG juice that price would include two full gallons of VG, plus a full liter of 100mg nicotine base which you can also get in VG, plus a half dozen 30ml bottles of FlavourArt flavorings. I really like the FlavourArt flavorings over Capella and many of the Flavor Apprentice flavors that I've tried. FlavourArt tends to have more natural tasting flavors and are strong concentrates so you only need 3-5% flavoring for your mixes rather than the 15+% you would need from Capella. That means a 30ml bottle of flavoring is enough to make 600-1000ml of juice.

Using FlavourArt the most flavoring I've had to use in a single juice worked out to just over 8% flavoring, and that was for a vanilla cream mint. It's also the strongest flavored juice I have, almost as strong as sucking on a piece of candy.

Reactions: Rixsta

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
One more thing, I HIGHLY recommend getting into DIY juices. For an initial investment of less than $200 including shipping I have enough supplies to make over 9,500ml of juice. If you're making max VG juice that price would include two full gallons of VG, plus a full liter of 100mg nicotine base which you can also get in VG, plus a half dozen 30ml bottles of FlavourArt flavorings. I really like the FlavourArt flavorings over Capella and many of the Flavor Apprentice flavors that I've tried. FlavourArt tends to have more natural tasting flavors and are strong concentrates so you only need 3-5% flavoring for your mixes rather than the 15+% you would need from Capella. That means a 30ml bottle of flavoring is enough to make 600-1000ml of juice.

Using FlavourArt the most flavoring I've had to use in a single juice worked out to just over 8% flavoring, and that was for a vanilla cream mint. It's also the strongest flavored juice I have, almost as strong as sucking on a piece of candy.
This is my next step as using the Starre tank, I just can't keep spending this amount of money each month on juice, I mean, you can vape the whole tank in less than a hour easy, I've heard great things about FlavourArt, do they ship to the UK, I don't have any idea of good suppliers really, maybe you could pm me some links if you have the time. Much appreciated CA..

EDIT - FlavorArt are UK based too..?

You see this kind of info just loses me completely, I would have no idea where to start..

DIY Eliquid Mixing Kit

Last edited:

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
That's a whole lot of unnecessary junk in that kit.

All I use is a large measuring cup, a 100ml plastic syringe, I've got ten 10ml blunt tip syringes, and of course empty bottles to put the juice in. Since I saved all of the empty bottles from juice I had bought before I started DIY I didn't need to buy any of those.

I bought my PG and VG from Amazon.
I'm not sure where you would buy nic base in the UK. You'll have to look around for that.

And FlavourArt is actually an Italian company, but they do have a UK branch, which you've already found.

If you have any other questions about what you may need or where to get it in the UK then ask in the DIY Eliquids section here.

DIY E-Liquid | E-Cigarette Forum

Lots of Brits here who could surely give you much better answers than I can regarding where to get things and how much it costs in the UK.

Reactions: Rixsta

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
  • Deleted by Robino1
  • Reason: Rude. Please rethink how your posting sounds. Thank you

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
  • Deleted by Robino1
  • Reason: Enough - Robino1

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
that annoying moment when your thread goes 100% off topic...:rolleyes:

Sorry about that. My apologies.

To sum up my original answer to you.....

I personally love the tank. I own two of them, and in 2+ years of vaping it's the only clearomizer that I've ever bought two of. You can get the Maganus, or save a few dollars and get the Starre instead. Either way you'll get the same thing. Personally I recommend the Starre since it is the same thing, only cheaper.

Reactions: LennyBanz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread