Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
    Well, vapers, hello !
    I believe I've found the best battery I can find.
    The sx30 from Orbtronic. Made in Japan, they are 2100 mAh and 30AMP Hi-Drain 18650s.
    There is a rating called a "C" value, which is a value that corresponds to the wave of its output.
    This rating shows you how long the battery retains its upper voltages.
    For one of my devices, having an upper end voltage is crucial.
    They're from Orbtronic, which, if you've been reading these threads, are a very reputable company.
    In fact, the "C" value is HIGHER than a Sony VTC 4 and is just a tiny higher than even a Sony VTC 5 !!
    Combine that with the fact there are no fakes if you deal with orbtronic.com !
    So check out the sx30. You'll find it's the best. Comes in flat top or button top, and about $11 each.

All the best ! :vapor:

Ryedan

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    Well, vapers, hello !
    I believe I've found the best battery I can find.
    The sx30 from Orbtronic. Made in Japan, they are 2100 mAh and 30AMP Hi-Drain 18650s.
    There is a rating called a "C" value, which is a value that corresponds to the wave of its output.
    This rating shows you how long the battery retains its upper voltages.
    For one of my devices, having an upper end voltage is crucial.
    They're from Orbtronic, which, if you've been reading these threads, are a very reputable company.
    In fact, the "C" value is HIGHER than a Sony VTC 4 and is just a tiny higher than even a Sony VTC 5 !!
    Combine that with the fact there are no fakes if you deal with orbtronic.com !
    So check out the sx30. You'll find it's the best. Comes in flat top or button top, and about $11 each.

All the best ! :vapor:

The SX30 is very likely a VTC4, unless they put something cheaper in that wrapper which I really doubt Orbtronics would do.

'C' rating is max continuous discharge rating in amps divided by amp hours. For the SX30 that is;

30A / 2.1 Ah = 14.29 C

For the SX30 it is;

30A / 2.1 Ah = 14.29 C

I would rather buy flattop VTC4's from Illumination Supply for $8 than button top SX30 from Orbtronics for $11 :)

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    My sx30's are flat top, I dunno.
    Yeah Sony VTC4's are awesome and it's great that you can find them cheaper, but again, sometimes it's hard to discover the fakes.
    VTC4 is less of an issue than the VTC5 of course..... but still an issue to be aware of. I feel confident the sx30 meets the rating they claim it does.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 28, 2012
    Madeira beach, Fla
    My sx30's are flat top, I dunno.
    Yeah Sony VTC4's are awesome and it's great that you can find them cheaper, but again, sometimes it's hard to discover the fakes.
    VTC4 is less of an issue than the VTC5 of course..... but still an issue to be aware of. I feel confident the sx30 meets the rating they claim it does.
    I forget his name, Steve? Maybe.

Anyways he takes batteries seriously over at orbtronix if it can't do what the wrapper claims he has no problems posting in orbtronix that its bs and he won't sell it as that.

He straight up calls them out on it too. Right on the website

We need more peeps like him and randy over at rtd.

Illum is another one, they got burned and posted on reddit he was hunting down everyone who got a bad cell so he can send a replacement.

But I would not doubt any claim from orbtronix, it is what it is or he don't sell it

After many emails one night I bought the new Panasonic PD 2900 he told me they will last practically forever, 2 years later I'm still running those same batteries, labels look like crap, pos post dented and still run like day one lol

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread