Panasonic ncr18650 PSA

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwilightMagester

Jun 9, 2011
Los Angeles
So I bought some Panasonic NCR18650's from fast tech on recommendation from a friend who uses mechanical mods. Since my AW's are getting kinda old.

These suckers do NOT Fit in your provari. Luckily they were pretty cheap and shipping was (surprisingly) fast.

Edit they are the light green unprotected ones

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'm assuming you mean the Panasonic NCR18650PD high drain hybrid batteries, and not what you listed (?). There are apparently multiple versions of this battery, with different lengths.

Panasonic also makes the Panasonic NCR18650B 3400mAh Protected Button Top H69.8mm.
Batteries : Panasonic NCR18650B 3400mAh Protected Button Top
I'm not certain if this is an appropriate battery for the Provari, as I'm unsure of the battery chemistry and whether it is a safe chemistry or protected battery. It is advertized as only a high drain, high capacity battery .

I've successfully used the Panasonic Hybrid/IMR CGR18650CH Button Top 2250mAh
Batteries : Panasonic Hybrid/ IMR CGR18650CH Button Top in my Provari in 18650 mode, but not noted any appreciably longer capacity than the AW 18650 IMR 2000mAh button tops that I normally use.

The Panasonic batteries are without doubt some of the best batteries on the market, but their policy to not disclose the chemistries makes choosing which batteries are appropriate for different applications leaves much to be desired.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread