Panasonic NCR18650B Super Max 3.7V 3400mAh batteries??

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgkallday49

Sep 19, 2014
Lancaster NY
hello all, lately i was having a TONNNNNN of trouble with my trustfire 18650 batteries that came standard with my innokin itaste VTR. The choice was easy to switch batteries. I went to a reputable local vape shop and they set me up with 2 of these Panasonic NCR18650B Super Max 3.7V 3400mAh for 25$. I guess all im wondering is these are #1 a good battery choice for the vtr, #2 if these look like legit Panasonics, I was told they order their batteries right from Panasonic, and #3 for whoever else have these, how they are overall and how long do they last you on a charge. With my trustfires I would only get about 5 hours on a charge if that. Thanks Guys!

Attachments

• IMG_2535.jpg
    IMG_2535.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 57

Criticool Hit

Verified Member
Sep 26, 2014
CT
I have a set of these batteries. They don't get a ton of use from me unless im using lower powered mods. (Anything 15 - 17 watts). They are great batteries. Use very stable chemistry and thusly are very safe...

That said...

These are flashlight batteries. And therefore are NOT high drain batteries. They only have a 6amp continuous draw compared to efest imrs and others which are 35 / 30 amps.

THAT SAID...

These batteries are great for LOW POWER REGULATED mods (20 watts and lower). Specifically there limit sits at (your milage may very, but i try not to run any battery at max) 0.70 ohm coil at 20 watts which is 5.35 amps at 3.7 volts. (your coil / resistance / actual power may vary)

I think i went above and beyond the simple "yes" you were looking for lol. I just wanted you to be aware of the limitations of this battery. I only use them when i'm in an area i cant drip in and i just toss one of these in my sigelei 20 watt and an aerotank v2 on top. Lasts ALLLLLL day. (and then some)

Last edited:

Criticool Hit

Verified Member
Sep 26, 2014
CT
I'm running 2.1 ohm coils and I vape constantly. I'm hoping to get at least 8 hours out of these and hoping they last awhile. So these are a good choice for the VTR then yes? I asked at the shop about the efest batteries and they even costed more but he said these panasonics were the best for the vtr

I was getting about 800 - 900 3 - 4 second pulls at 12 watts / 2.5 ohms. These batteries have insane capacity.

900 pulls X 4 seconds per pull = 3600 seconds / 60 seconds in a minute = 60 straight minutes of actual run time. And thats about when my battery would hit 3.59 volts. Which is where i take them out and charge them.

you can go much lower but i baby my batteries.

Criticool Hit

Verified Member
Sep 26, 2014
CT
That's a Lithium Cobalt cell, and is not a good choice for vaping.

To be fair though... That's not really fair. You can find you tube videos of people exploding all sorts of batteries including VCT5 and other various IMRs. It was already discussed that the battery has its limitations in power. The aforementioned user will only ever be using the battery well below its rated capacity and is perfectly safe in doing so. In terms of chemical composition lithium cobalt is one of the safest chemistry types available. Should the user fail to charge the battery properly the result would be the same using lithium manganese (IMR) or polymer(LiPo4)... Poof... Every battery is an explosion waiting to happen. But to just call a battery unsafe in all regards because of a single example is not an entirely truthful representation of the entire situation. The panasonic lithium cobalt batteries are a fine choice for high capacity (Not high DRAIN) 18650 batteries used in lower power devices that will hardly ever see time above 4 amps... much less 6. As long as said user is well informed on the limitation of the battery (and all batteries) then it is no less safe than using any other battery.

Respectfully.

-Crit

Criticool Hit

Verified Member
Sep 26, 2014
CT
If you just paid that much for two NCR18650B's and that place is telling eFest batteries - of all things - are going to cost even more than that... you are buying your batteries from the wrong place. Try RTD Vapor the next time.

I didn't wan't to say anything but yeah that price is a bit high. I got mine for 8.99 a piece online with free shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread