Status
Not open for further replies.

FunkyVapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2011
Niagara Falls, Canada
Hey Guys, This is my first formal review, I am working on some video productions to review some Canadian hardware and juice, so in the meantime I'm going to review a bit the old fashioned way. I appreciate any feedback or tips.

This is a review of the Pina Colada Flavour available at NorthernVapor.com, Canada's choice for vapor & electronic cigarettes!. I'm not on the pro circuit yet so I'm definitely paying for all my equipment myself, so theres no affiliation with NorthernVapor on this end.

Specs:

Flavour: Pina Colada
Size: 10ml
Nic Level: 18mg
Mix: 70/30 PG/VG
Price: $6.00 Canadian
Link: Login : NorthernVapor.com, Canada's choice for vapor & electronic cigarettes!

My first issue, upon opening my parcel, was that the liquid was stored rather unconventionally. Rather than a typical "drip" bottle this one was in a snap-top-style bottle, not unlike one you would see used for shampoo at a hotel or travel hand sanitizers. Aside from the hand-drawn label (which isn't a big deal) there is no indication of Nic Level, so I'll have to add that myself. Lastly, the style of container is not child-proofed, nor does it drip easily (it kind of just runs out like hand sanitizer). Here is a crumby pic:

2cse69i.jpg

All this aside, this is an amazing juice. The consistency is perfect and once I transferred it to a proper bottle it drips into a G4 without issue and wicks like a champ. As far as flavour is concerned, I always start out in a G4, because I find that G4s don't provide much flavour at all. Out of a fresh G4 on a an 1000 mah Ego battery, I am getting Pina Colada right up front and decent vapor, considering the unit.

On to an LR 510 atty, this juice is excellent. It's creamy, very creamy, and just the right blend of pineapple and coconut. It wasn't as sweet as I'd anticipated, which is excellent, just a smooth and rich Pina Colada taste that lingers on the tongue.

To get even more flavour out of this stuff, try her out in an LR 306, it floods the room with vapor and it really brings out the coconut, without drowning out the pineapple.

In the Vapor Production department, this is fog machine fuel. While I didn't get much out of the G4 (as expected) both my LR attys produced a thick and creamy vapor that was bone-white and hung in the air. Secret Vapers beware though, my room still smells strongly of Pina Colada, but its oh-so-pleasant.

If you are looking for throat hit, you'll have to either vape it through an LR atty, or maybe up the nic level, because its definitely very passive on the throat. That being said, the sheer density of the vapor makes up for any shortcomings and certainly satisfies my cravings.

Overall, this juice gets my approval. I've vaped about 4mls of it already and its an absolute treat. Northern Vapor has insanely fast shipping times within Canada, and this package came to my door within 2 days, for only $8.00 shipping through Puralator (A lifesaver during the Postal Strike). For someone who is almost exclusively dedicated to Tobacco flavours, NorthernVapor's "Pina Colada" definitely lets me escape to a tropical paradise in these early days of summer.

Should Northern Vapor be able to ship this puppy in a decent dripping bottle, and use the child-proof containers, this juice would rack up a solid 8/10. Certainly an outstanding flavour, and a comfortable go-to vape early in the morning or just before bed.

Thanks for reading,

~Charlie

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread