Planning on Dripping!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Yes the eGo battery protects you from an overload, unfortunatly it does it buy distroying the electronic chip in the switch. Your normal indication if this happens is that your switch will blink 3 times and then nothing. It just becomes time to toss the eGo battery in the trash.
    For this reason you don't want to use anything all that fancy. Just stick to normal 510/306 type atomizers on eGo type batteries.

The key to learning how to drip is to not get all mad and frustrated, just remember that there is a learning curve, and it will happen by way of error as much as by trial. You will flood the atty, get dry hits, and probably even pop an atty or two in the process of learning what you can do, and can not do with a dripping atomizer.
    For your eGo I would suggest you get one of these:
    eGo Drip Shield Cone
    one of these
    Delrin 901/510 Contoured Drip Tip
    And Keith has some pretty good atomizers
    Empiremods Bridge Free LR510 1.8ohm

DrkEpyon

Apr 23, 2013
    Santo Domingo
    Yes the eGo battery protects you from an overload, unfortunatly it does it buy distroying the electronic chip in the switch. Your normal indication if this happens is that your switch will blink 3 times and then nothing. It just becomes time to toss the eGo battery in the trash.
    For this reason you don't want to use anything all that fancy. Just stick to normal 510/306 type atomizers on eGo type batteries.

The key to learning how to drip is to not get all mad and frustrated, just remember that there is a learning curve, and it will happen by way of error as much as by trial. You will flood the atty, get dry hits, and probably even pop an atty or two in the process of learning what you can do, and can not do with a dripping atomizer.
    For your eGo I would suggest you get one of these:
    eGo Drip Shield Cone
    one of these
    Delrin 901/510 Contoured Drip Tip
    And Keith has some pretty good atomizers
    Empiremods Bridge Free LR510 1.8ohm

Just ordered them! Already excited.

Thanks!

AttyPops

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 8, 2010
    Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
    ....snip... unfortunately it does it buy destroying the electronic chip in the switch...snip...

Quote of the day.

A slight exaggeration, but ROLF! Not too far off tj...:lol: Probably not an exaggeration for a dead short, on 2nd thought. So you're right again!

I just use standard atomizers. But to each their own.

Last edited:

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Quote of the day.

A slight exaggeration, but ROLF! Not too far off tj...:lol: Probably not an exaggeration for a dead short, on 2nd thought. So you're right again!

I just use standard atomizers. But to each their own.

Actually that problem started when they came out with the rebuildable CE4+ because you could push the coil over to the side and cause a short when putting them togeather. There were a lot of eGo bats bite the dust. Then came the Novas that pushed the center pins down shorting out the bats. Now folks want to use RBA's on them so the problem continues.

EGo batteries work fine when a person pays attention, and does things properly.

Last edited:

zhentipede

ECF Veteran
    Apr 7, 2013
    California, USA
    Just ordered them! Already excited.

Thanks!

yep i have a couple of the ego drip shield works great i used it with a bridgeless stingray 1.5 dripping atomizer... i will order couple of the empire mod attie soon.... btw the empiremods also have a dripshield designed for the the ego available it fits perfect too =) covering the threads 20130410_033945.jpg 20130410_033945.jpg

imrdy85

Verified Member
    Mar 17, 2013
    Se Michigan
    Dripping is cumbersome for some but its been my way to vape for almost 3 years. I never minded carrying a bottle of juice. I always thought of it as my lighter to my pack. Out the door check is wallet keys phone cig juice. I was a big cigar smoker and tried every blend of roll your own and package cigarette i could get my hands on. Flavor is big with me, so dripping works best. Side note 100% pg isnt drip friendly, it leaks quickly. 50/50 works well for me. You can use any 510/30, i suggest a cisco spec atty from avidvaper, its a little pricier than a joyetech or slb but its worth it

Myrany

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 14, 2013
    Louisiana
    Well I tried dripping for the first time last night. Basic 510 atty on my ego c battery.

I had to learn how much to drip in without ending up with a mess but I finally got it. I have to say the best flavor I have yet experienced and indispensable for DIY testing.

My question is how do I clean they atty between flavors?

AttyPops

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 8, 2010
    Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
    I would usually just ....blow it out or vape it through. But if you have a particularly strong flavor and want to clean it out:
    Do while performance-is-crappy OR old-taste-remains {

...Do while you-think-it-isn't-clean {
    ......Blow it out.
    ......perform cleaning-method-routine* ( E.G. Rinse it in HOT/boiling water. Optional soak for a while.)
    ...} loop/repeat

...blow out from the last rinse to get ready for evaporating stuff
    ...do a "warm burn" or a drying-burn. Not as hot as a "dry burn". Just evaporate the water or cleaner.
    ...Don't overstress the coil.
    } loop repeat
    end

You should clean an atomizer when performance drops. I suggest that you blow it out twice a day to remove some of the "gunk" before it bakes hard. Helps.

* Other methods are ultra-sonic cleaners, denture cleaning tablets (bleck!), lemon juice, ISO alcohol

Last edited:

DrkEpyon

Apr 23, 2013
    Santo Domingo
    Hi there!

Been out of the city for a while and couldn't feedback you guys. Got the Dripping Atomizer and even flavors I didn't like at first (i.ex. JC Rainier) taste lot better.

Even changed flavors a couple of times and I only rinsed in warm water, blew through it, new drops in and that's all. Just a little of previous flavor during the first few puffs. I really like this better than tanks and/or cartos.

Thank you all for your comments and recommendations.

D.

JRudey

ECF Veteran
    Aug 20, 2013
    Twin Cities
    Last edited:

eNT1TY

Sep 3, 2013
    CT, USA
    Greetings Epyon, if you want a basic dripper that gets the job done on your equipment i recommend a SMOK octopus or squid. I used a squid (smaller version of octopus) on a 350mah ego mini at 1.8ohms and it vaped and tasted better than any iclear16/30, vivi nova, or evod that i have tried. Places that sell the squid often also sell ready made coils/wick if at first you just want to swap and set them rather than building your coils. This small set up would last a good 3 hours before needing a recharge so on your equipment it will last a good deal longer. The squid is like $7 online. I have since moved up to a trident and an immortalizer on mech mods and learning/working on the squid made the transition simple (those drippers are not recommended for your current setup).

JRudey

ECF Veteran
    Aug 20, 2013
    Twin Cities
    Welcome to the world of flavor when done properly. You will never be the same.

Thanks. I look forward to getting them. I've collected quite a few bottles of e-liquid recently and I'm steeping them according to directions I've rec'd here of ECF. Sampling the juice has been a chore using cartos and clearomizers.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread