Please help before I give up vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julia shoe

Apr 30, 2015
I need help asap. I am in tears as I just don't know what to do. I keep getting this awful taste from vaping, it's sort of in my nose as well, it's a chemical horrid acrid taste, I have changed oils, tried different company's. I have renewed the oil barrel (cleartomizer?) sorry not down with the lingo. I have tried about 4 new ones. I am at a loss. I know I may have vapour fatigue, as I can hardly taste any of my old flavours, however why am I tasting a horrible taste? I can understand not tasting anything, but can't understand why everything tastes horrible. I have been vaping for 9 weeks after smoking for 25 years, I was getting on great guns really enjoying it, now I am in tears as I just don't want to start smoking again, but I can't stand the taste I am getting. At the moment I am vaping a mint one as it's the only one that covers up the horrible taste. But not completely. I usually vape sweet stuff, like caramel, blueberry, Amaretto. Help please.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Hello and welcome to the forum Julia. Glad to have you here!:)

What is the name of the clearomizer (i.e. CE4/5, Protank, etc.)? I am assuming that "oil barrel" is what it looks like (i.e. a cylinder shape that holds juice)?

What battery are you using? Can you adjust the voltage/wattage (i.e.power) by turning a ring on the bottom or pushing a button?

Did you buy your e-cigarette online? If so, you you post a link or post a picture of what your e-cigarette looks like?

Last edited:
Reactions: EleanorR

RuDawg7890

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
Sinking Spring, PA, USA
Hello Julia, welcome to ECF. Aw, now don't cry, we can help!!

There are quite a few things that may be going on here. First, your taste buds are changing. The damage from 25 years of smoking is starting to be undone, so lots of things are going to taste & smell differently, probably not the main source of your issue, but noteworthy.

As Susan says above, let us know what equipment you're using, and even your juice brands & types, and we can help zero in.

My first thought is dirty coils in your atomizers. If you haven't changed or cleaned them in 9 weeks, they could be quite dirty, and that can & will definitely produce an acrid taste.

Mogar

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2014
Dallas TX
I think it was stated above. What type of battery are you using? If you have this on an uncontrolled mod or a Variable Volt or Variable Wattage you might have accidentally set it too high and it is burning the wicking. If it is a pen looking device and has a twist at the bottom turn it the other direction (lower volts).
I believe the CE4 has a click to adjust voltage. Try a lower voltage if possible. Some people have a "super sensitive" palate and can taste before a dry hit occurs.

Julia shoe

Apr 30, 2015
How about your juice, where are you getting it from? From which makers?
Different places. Vapour hut is the main vendor I use. The juice was lovely, no problems at all. The suddenly everything went pear shaped, have been trying oils from different vendors to try and sort problem. I think it's me not the oil or equipment lol

Julia shoe

Apr 30, 2015
I think it was stated above. What type of battery are you using? If you have this on an uncontrolled mod or a Variable Volt or Variable Wattage you might have accidentally set it too high and it is burning the wicking. If it is a pen looking device and has a twist at the bottom turn it the other direction (lower volts).
I believe the CE4 has a click to adjust voltage. Try a lower voltage if possible. Some people have a "super sensitive" palate and can taste before a dry hit occurs.
It does not adjust. It was fine for 8 weeks, now suddenly I can't vape at all without this horrible taste. Why would it suddenly taste bad, when it's what I have been using for 8 weeks with no problems?

RandyF

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Arizona
Where are you getting the juice, are they new? I know there are some juices I get that MUST sit for a couple weeks (referred to as steeping, curing in a sense), or they taste very "chemically". If you were fine before, then it is a safe bet you have changed something. My first thought was gunked coils, but you say you have changed them. Are your new coils the same resistance as before? Are you sure you are using the same amount of power? What specifically are you using?

Mogar

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2014
Dallas TX
" you might have accidentally set it too high and it is burning the wicking" but that's ok, there might be one other issue, but that is not very likely. Your battery might be going strange on you and putting out too much and toasting your coil on the first pull. That has happened before but again not very likely. What I would suggest is this. If you have the ability to do so, go to a local Brick and Mortar shop, they usually have a "tasting bar" with different flavors. See if you get the same effect from their equipment and juice. This will determine if it is your equipment or if it is something that your body is rejecting.

Reactions: Julia shoe

Julia shoe

Apr 30, 2015
Where are you getting the juice, are they new? I know there are some juices I get that MUST sit for a couple weeks (referred to as steeping, curing in a sense), or they taste very "chemically". If you were fine before, then it is a safe bet you have changed something. My first thought was gunked coils, but you say you have changed them. Are your new coils the same resistance as before? Are you sure you are using the same amount of power? What specifically are you using?

Ego ce4 650 mah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread