Please recommend a good affordable kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickg

Aug 17, 2013
Portland, OR, USA
Hi all,

A friend of mine has been admiring my eGo with built-in USB + EVOD setup, and her birthday is coming up. I'd like to get her something similar. It doesn't need to come with a clearo, as I can add that to the order. She had been successfully vaping for a while with a cig-a-like (I think greensmoke brand), but the battery life and other factors led her back to analogues. I'm not trying to cheap out on this and I'd prefer to get a name brand (like Joyce, SmokTech, or something else people have had good experiences with.) Having the USB port is a plus, because it'll make it easier for her to charge it. Since she is coming from a cig-a-like anything much larger than a 650mAh eGo is going to be too large. She would prefer something in a matte black, and a locking battery would be great. I would just order a Joyce eGo Kit from Mister-e-liquid, since I have a 10% off code, but they are out of the black.

I'm trying to find a decent price on something similar to what I have that can ship quickly (so probably a USA vendor) so I can give it to her soon and help her to stop smoking analogues. If possible, I'd like the vendor to also have some juice (preferably pre-steeped) options so that I can purchase some juice to reach a free shipping limit. I'll probably also be throwing in some EVOD coils and some other equipment for myself. She seems to like menthol flavors, Chinese RY4, and Mr-e-liquid's Grey Matter. For cigarettes she mainly smoked American Spirit Blue.

So are there any deals out there from a good supplier on a simple & reliable kit? Thanks so much!

illestdrftr

Moved On
Aug 29, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Lombaowski

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2013
DC via the 313
I heard the Halo kit is pretty good. There are so many juice providers that are good. ECBlend, HHV, MBV, MFS, Allusions, etc. You can get her a kit like this, and then order the juice separately. Doesn't seem like the good juice companies always have good deals on starter kits, but that one I linked or a Joyetech eGo 650mAh kit seems to fit the bill and they are quality.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Hi all,

A friend of mine has been admiring my eGo with built-in USB + EVOD setup, and her birthday is coming up. I'd like to get her something similar. It doesn't need to come with a clearo, as I can add that to the order. She had been successfully vaping for a while with a cig-a-like (I think greensmoke brand), but the battery life and other factors led her back to analogues. I'm not trying to cheap out on this and I'd prefer to get a name brand (like Joyce, SmokTech, or something else people have had good experiences with.) Having the USB port is a plus, because it'll make it easier for her to charge it. Since she is coming from a cig-a-like anything much larger than a 650mAh eGo is going to be too large. She would prefer something in a matte black, and a locking battery would be great. I would just order a Joyce eGo Kit from Mister-E-Liquid, since I have a 10% off code, but they are out of the black.

I'm trying to find a decent price on something similar to what I have that can ship quickly (so probably a USA vendor) so I can give it to her soon and help her to stop smoking analogues. If possible, I'd like the vendor to also have some juice (preferably pre-steeped) options so that I can purchase some juice to reach a free shipping limit. I'll probably also be throwing in some EVOD coils and some other equipment for myself. She seems to like menthol flavors, Chinese RY4, and Mr-E-Liquid's Grey Matter. For cigarettes she mainly smoked American Spirit Blue.

So are there any deals out there from a good supplier on a simple & reliable kit? Thanks so much!

Ok, from what I understand about your requirements, you need power, battery life, control, portability, strong juice, and money is aq factor. Normally, I give the same spiel of ego batts, etc. However, if I had to do it all over again, I would get two of the new iTaste 3.0 vv/vw stick batteries. These provide 800 mAh, use usb passthrough connections, about an inch longer than a 650 mAh ego, etc. Variable wattage/power is why many step up to a mod/APV. This little iTaste has all the same features in an amazingly small form factor. Start with strong juice, say 24/36 mg/ml first week, then drop when you power through the cravings. The iTaste is an Innoken product, not a knockoff and you can get them inexpensively from Fasttech:

$39.54 iTaste VW V3.0 7-in-1 Variable Voltage Rechargeable 800mAh Electronic Cigarettes Set - vv-3.0 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

You can buy these as an express kit as well:

$24.80 iTaste VV Voltage Adjustable 800mAh Rechargeable Battery - two digit display / with USB charging cable at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

The first kit comes with four clearomizers. Order some evods:

$15.24 EVOD Electronic Cigarettes Round Mouth Atomizer (1.5mL) 7-pack - 2.6

And some spare coils:

$4.58 EVOD Electronic Cigarettes Atomizer Heating Core (5-Pack) 5-pack - 2.4

Ok, here's the rub, for the money, a lot of people are going to recommend a Vamo. Costs less and has way longer battery life. It's an excellent entry level mod, light saber sized device. I have two. They have an 18350 form factor as an option. All good, but not as portable as the iTaste 3.0, which is a genuine Innokin product. I have three now and will never be buying an ego/spinner/twist/kgo/winder again. I have them all and love them, but they're not the same as the 3.0 mentioned. A whole level of magnitude higher. They are the bomb, and I plan on getting more.

You also mentioned, buy American. IVape has the iTaste 3.0 for $35, or 30% off retail price using code "itastevv", as follows:

http://ivape.net/index.php/iTaste-VV-3.0-Variable-Wattage-Device-White.html?pop=0

Vaping is almost 100% subjective. You like what you like. I'm giving you my two cents after vaping since 2009 and a whole lotta investment in equipment, and seeing amazing technology changes. What worked yesterday, works even better today,. Lotsa good juices out there. I DIY, but recently ordered a dozen bottles from MBV (Mount Baker Vapor) just to check out something new. In the long run you will save money. In the short run, not so much. Eventually (24 hours +), this thing can lead to a serious hobby, that's akin to adult Christmas/BDay/St. Pat's day, etc. all rolled into one. You'll probably feel that way 5 minutes after you place your first order. Here's my take on stick/ego batteries:

Stick Batteries, known as eGo Style Batteries (entry level, backup, out and about, stealth, primary)

Trusted Vendors shown, but NOT selected based on pricing, you'll still need to shop around. You will need device specific battery chargers (which often come in kits) for these devices. Also, kits often provide two batteries allowing for simultaneous vaping while charging of the backup. Each of the eGo style batteries below have both 510 and eGo thread connections. As such, they are compatible with most toppers, including most Kanger products. Additionally, each of these devices has at least variable voltage, which allows you to adjust and regulate the battery output voltage, providing customizable vapor production, temperature, throat hit, and finding the "sweet spot" for your juices to suit your individual vaping preferences:

1. Innokin iTaste 3.0 vv/vw, usb passthrough, ohms reader, etc. - https://ivape.net/index.php/iTaste-VV-3.0-Variable-Wattage-Device-Pearl-Chrome.html (variable power, LCD display, +/- buttons, Usb passthrough, 3.3 - 5.0 volts, 6.0 - 11.0 watts, 800mAh)
2. SLB KGO VV - http://www.hoosierecig.com/Mega-KGO-VV-1200mAh-3-6v-_p_441.html (LCD display, +/- buttons, Usb passthrough, 3.0 - 6.0 volts, 650 - 1200mAh)
3. Vision Spinner - Vision Spinner VV eGo Battery 1300mAh (3.3 - 4.8 volts, 1300mAh)
4. Joyetech Twist - eGo Twist 1000 Mah Battery in Black (3.2 - 4.8 volts, 650 - 1000mAh)
5. Smoktech Winder - Smok eGo Winder 900mAh Variable Volt Battery (3.2 - 4.8 volts, 900 - 1100mAh)

Best Starter Combo kit out there, imho, provides two batteries, i.e., the twist and/or spinner, and two toppers, i.e., the eVod and/or MT3s, among others: http://www.myvaporstore.com/Vision_Spinner_Joye_Ego_C_Twist_Combo_p/vvs-c.htm.

Recommend one eVod and one MT3s topper with one Spinner and one Twist to start. This way you get four different products with the kit and allowing you to experience four different setups, as you figure out your preferences and what works best for you. BTW, you can spend less and get a fixed voltage battery, but you'll have much less vape flexibility and it won't be long before you'll want to upgrade to variable voltage, more than likely, and the difference initially is only a few dollars per battery anyway.

Congrats on Quitting Smoking and welcome to ECF. Fabulous forum and community to help you with your amazing Journey. Like you, I almost can't believe that our e-cigs satisfy me to the point that I could quit analogs, after trying so hard, so many times in my previous, nicotine-stained-fingers, life. Enjoy the ride, you've come to the right place. Good luck to you!

jcco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Colorado
The KGO kit from Hoosier Vaping is a great starter kit. It's not vv or vw but works really well & got a great review from P.Bsuardo on Youtube or his website Tasteyourjuice.com.
I have one as my backup but I use it just as much as my Vamo. It's been a great set up & have not had any problems whatsoever.

Might be worth checking out.

Good luck.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Every time I read your posts I think it just can't get better BUT you prove me wrong Bill time and time again. Another vote for the iTaste.

Ok, from what I understand about your requirements, you need power, battery life, control, portability, strong juice, and money is aq factor. Normally, I give the same spiel of ego batts, etc. However, if I had to do it all over again, I would get two of the new iTaste 3.0 vv/vw stick batteries. These provide 800 mAh, use usb passthrough connections, about an inch longer than a 650 mAh ego, etc. Variable wattage/power is why many step up to a mod/APV. This little iTaste has all the same features in an amazingly small form factor. Start with strong juice, say 24/36 mg/ml first week, then drop when you power through the cravings. The iTaste is an Innoken product, not a knockoff and you can get them inexpensively from Fasttech:

$39.54 iTaste VW V3.0 7-in-1 Variable Voltage Rechargeable 800mAh Electronic Cigarettes Set - vv-3.0 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

You can buy these as an express kit as well:

$24.80 iTaste VV Voltage Adjustable 800mAh Rechargeable Battery - two digit display / with USB charging cable at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

The first kit comes with four clearomizers. Order some evods:

$15.24 EVOD Electronic Cigarettes Round Mouth Atomizer (1.5mL) 7-pack - 2.6

And some spare coils:

$4.58 EVOD Electronic Cigarettes Atomizer Heating Core (5-Pack) 5-pack - 2.4

Ok, here's the rub, for the money, a lot of people are going to recommend a Vamo. Costs less and has way longer battery life. It's an excellent entry level mod, light saber sized device. I have two. They have an 18350 form factor as an option. All good, but not as portable as the iTaste 3.0, which is a genuine Innokin product. I have three now and will never be buying an ego/spinner/twist/kgo/winder again. I have them all and love them, but they're not the same as the 3.0 mentioned. A whole level of magnitude higher. They are the bomb, and I plan on getting more.

You also mentioned, buy American. IVape has the iTaste 3.0 for $35, or 30% off retail price using code "itastevv", as follows:

http://ivape.net/index.php/iTaste-VV-3.0-Variable-Wattage-Device-White.html?pop=0

Vaping is almost 100% subjective. You like what you like. I'm giving you my two cents after vaping since 2009 and a whole lotta investment in equipment, and seeing amazing technology changes. What worked yesterday, works even better today,. Lotsa good juices out there. I DIY, but recently ordered a dozen bottles from MBV (Mount Baker Vapor) just to check out something new. In the long run you will save money. In the short run, not so much. Eventually (24 hours +), this thing can lead to a serious hobby, that's akin to adult Christmas/BDay/St. Pat's day, etc. all rolled into one. You'll probably feel that way 5 minutes after you place your first order. Here's my take on stick/ego batteries:

Stick Batteries, known as eGo Style Batteries (entry level, backup, out and about, stealth, primary)

Trusted Vendors shown, but NOT selected based on pricing, you'll still need to shop around. You will need device specific battery chargers (which often come in kits) for these devices. Also, kits often provide two batteries allowing for simultaneous vaping while charging of the backup. Each of the eGo style batteries below have both 510 and eGo thread connections. As such, they are compatible with most toppers, including most Kanger products. Additionally, each of these devices has at least variable voltage, which allows you to adjust and regulate the battery output voltage, providing customizable vapor production, temperature, throat hit, and finding the "sweet spot" for your juices to suit your individual vaping preferences:

1. Innokin iTaste 3.0 vv/vw, usb passthrough, ohms reader, etc. - https://ivape.net/index.php/iTaste-VV-3.0-Variable-Wattage-Device-Pearl-Chrome.html (variable power, LCD display, +/- buttons, Usb passthrough, 3.3 - 5.0 volts, 6.0 - 11.0 watts, 800mAh)
2. SLB KGO VV - http://www.hoosierecig.com/Mega-KGO-VV-1200mAh-3-6v-_p_441.html (LCD display, +/- buttons, Usb passthrough, 3.0 - 6.0 volts, 650 - 1200mAh)
3. Vision Spinner - Vision Spinner VV eGo Battery 1300mAh (3.3 - 4.8 volts, 1300mAh)
4. Joyetech Twist - eGo Twist 1000 Mah Battery in Black (3.2 - 4.8 volts, 650 - 1000mAh)
5. Smoktech Winder - Smok eGo Winder 900mAh Variable Volt Battery (3.2 - 4.8 volts, 900 - 1100mAh)

Best Starter Combo kit out there, imho, provides two batteries, i.e., the twist and/or spinner, and two toppers, i.e., the eVod and/or MT3s, among others: http://www.myvaporstore.com/Vision_Spinner_Joye_Ego_C_Twist_Combo_p/vvs-c.htm.

Recommend one eVod and one MT3s topper with one Spinner and one Twist to start. This way you get four different products with the kit and allowing you to experience four different setups, as you figure out your preferences and what works best for you. BTW, you can spend less and get a fixed voltage battery, but you'll have much less vape flexibility and it won't be long before you'll want to upgrade to variable voltage, more than likely, and the difference initially is only a few dollars per battery anyway.

Congrats on Quitting Smoking and welcome to ECF. Fabulous forum and community to help you with your amazing Journey. Like you, I almost can't believe that our e-cigs satisfy me to the point that I could quit analogs, after trying so hard, so many times in my previous, nicotine-stained-fingers, life. Enjoy the ride, you've come to the right place. Good luck to you!

RedNBlack

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2013
NE Georgia USA
Hi all,

A friend of mine has been admiring my eGo with built-in USB + EVOD setup, and her birthday is coming up. I'd like to get her something similar. It doesn't need to come with a clearo, as I can add that to the order. She had been successfully vaping for a while with a cig-a-like (I think greensmoke brand), but the battery life and other factors led her back to analogues. I'm not trying to cheap out on this and I'd prefer to get a name brand (like Joyce, SmokTech, or something else people have had good experiences with.) Having the USB port is a plus, because it'll make it easier for her to charge it. Since she is coming from a cig-a-like anything much larger than a 650mAh eGo is going to be too large. She would prefer something in a matte black, and a locking battery would be great. I would just order a Joyce eGo Kit from Mister-E-Liquid, since I have a 10% off code, but they are out of the black.

I'm trying to find a decent price on something similar to what I have that can ship quickly (so probably a USA vendor) so I can give it to her soon and help her to stop smoking analogues. If possible, I'd like the vendor to also have some juice (preferably pre-steeped) options so that I can purchase some juice to reach a free shipping limit. I'll probably also be throwing in some EVOD coils and some other equipment for myself. She seems to like menthol flavors, Chinese RY4, and Mr-E-Liquid's Grey Matter. For cigarettes she mainly smoked American Spirit Blue.

Ditto to the suggestions from Bill's Magic Vapor post.

:2c:
Just a suggestion, but some of the Forum Suppliers have a similar set up as this:
Kanger EVOD Starter Kit - $48.00 : Rocky Mountain Vapor, The Mountain top of Electronic Cigarettes
Easy to charge, fill and go for the day.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread