Plume veil v1.5 or v2?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike 586

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2014
Ottawa
Just my personal opinion, but its an RDA not meant to be used all that much and only for when you wan't a brief session of blowing massive clouds. Its anemic juice capacity just makes it tiresome to use for any length of time.

If you use it as designed to take advantage of those air holes under the negative posts and messing around with the top cap adjustment you're gonna chuck clouds but not get great flavor while effectively having an RDA with a 0mm juice well that you have to drip on every couple of pulls to avoid seeping juice out the side. Use it the way the average guy does, and its just an average RDA that still suffers sub-standard juice capacity.

I'm just not all that impressed with the design and feel they put more effort in gimmick than they did day to day use.

Like I said, just personal opinion but the Plume Veil is something begging to be bought as a clone and not worth the asking price. In a heart beat I'd buy an authentic Mutation X or Freakshow to name two of the dozens of better buys for the money....

...if my Plume Veil was an authentic, I'd be feeling some pretty powerful buyer's remorse over it.

javyn

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2010
houston
I have the Tobeco Plume 1.5 and the auth Mutation V3....I like them both. Plume gets hot very quickly on those low ohm builds, so I can't really chain vape it like I'd would normally...but it delivers on both flavor and clouds.

Mutation X can handle that same build no sweat whatsoever, but is a little less on the flavor department. Still though, Mut X flavor is better than I thought it would be, being your typical TOBH style side air dripper.

If I had to choose between the two, I'd get the Mut X, but I definitely wouldn't have buyer's remorse over a Plume clone if you can afford both.

drippaboi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2014
SF Bay Area
I picked up a Plume Veil v2 and I'm surprised to admit that it's one of my favorite drippers, especially after I swapped out the top cap for the MLV Diamond Slam Cap. It took a while before i was able to dial in the perfect coil alignment so that all the various air holes were properly aligned, and to learn how to wick it to both prevent leaking and give a warning before dry hitting. Even with careless dripping at home and the few times I've take it out, the PV is the most mess-free of all my drippers. Without the top AF I find the Plume Veil gives me the fun at-home clouds I crave without sacrificing on the flavor too much, and when I really want to get silly I open her up and remember why I have the iPV3. I did spring for the authentic and Aethertech stepped up their game because the machining and tolerances on mine are smile-worthy, and although I do not normally like gold things, the deck does have a beautiful warm and inviting glow when I go to re-drip (which admittedly is often). Though I appreciate the shallow juice well as I vape a lot of like-flavors that get pushed through the wicks fairly well one after another, which takes longer in my higher capacity RDAs, so I can switch between them faster using the PV.

I was kicking myself for a few weeks after getting it because I felt that I had indulged on something I was only going to use once in a blue moon, but it turns out the Plume has become my favorite dripper to relax with on the couch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread