Possible fake bvc coil? (non nautilus, aspire et type)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikita Marinko

Jul 14, 2015
So I just got a new set of coils for my aspire et.
And some of them look exactly the same like the ones I got with my aspire et when first bought.
But one is different. Holes are a bit bigger and it also says that the current for it should be 4,2V to 5V instead of the 3V-5V range.
I am confused.
They didnt come in the box because i only ordered 4. - 2 bdc and 2 bvc (three of them look as usual except for the one bvc)

Didnt test it yet since im in the city and my stuff is at home

DoctorJ

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2012
Coils should be labeled in Resistance not voltage recommendations.

Genuine Aspire coils do list resistance and they also have a voltage recommendation.

Aspire Coils 3.jpg

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Authentic aspire ets/ clearo non nautilus bvc heads will have both resistance & voltage recommendations etched / printed on the head.
The different resistances will have different voltage recommendations.

aspire_bdc_coil_.001_65a5977d-f563-48c0-bcca-ff9da470f99a_large.png

The ets / clearo bvc heads are not interchangeable with nautilus bvc heads.
The picture in DoctorJ's post is of an older style small wicking hole nautilus head.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
And some of them look exactly the same like the ones I got with my aspire et when first bought.
But one is different. Holes are a bit bigger and it also says that the current for it should be 4,2V to 5V instead of the 3V-5V range.
I am confused.
They didnt come in the box because i only ordered 4. - 2 bdc and 2 bvc (three of them look as usual except for the one bvc)

it's a higher power coil.
maybe that one is a dual coil

Nikita Marinko

Jul 14, 2015
Authentic aspire ets/ clearo non nautilus bvc heads will have both resistance & voltage recommendations etched / printed on the head.
The different resistances will have different voltage recommendations.

aspire_bdc_coil_.001_65a5977d-f563-48c0-bcca-ff9da470f99a_large.png

The ets / clearo bvc heads are not interchangeable with nautilus bvc heads.
The picture in DoctorJ's post is of an older style small wicking hole nautilus head.

This is what I have exactly. Except one of them is 1,8 3V-5V and the other one is 1,8 4,2V-5V which is wierd.
anyway, im done with bvcs... I will stick to bdcs. I was hyped about how much hype the bvcs got but all of them always gurgle like crazy for me. The weird one gurgled and the more genuine looking one (as Im used too) gurgled too. Am I doing something wrong (I used to screw in the base very tight when I started using bvc, so with the new ones I tried finger tight, just when my fingers start to slip on the base so that it is very easy to unscrew)? (with the bdcs it doesnt matter much how I screw its always good) Bdc coils never gurgle for me. Only thing that comes to my mind is that the bvc coils have4 holes instead of 2. I feel that the airflow is much higher with the bvc unlike the tighter draws the bdcs give me. I tried covering one of the outside holes on the clearo base to see if it makes a difference but no.
Guess its no luck for me with bvc coils.
I am using vision spinner II btw.

MIK3Y_D

Aug 2, 2015
I am confused.

When I got my ET-S it came with the bigger holes. I bought a second coil that day and for nearly 3 mos I kept swapping between the two, granted they weren't my all day vape so they lasted. I was using high VG juice at 12 watts and never a dry hit! Bought another ET-S last week from eBay and it came with the small holes. Funny because I was certain the small holes was the one that wasn't original. I didn't even use it, I actually drilled the holes out and did my first vertical coil build. Was working flawlessly at 15-16 watts with high VG juice.

I'm sorry to hear you've got problems with yours. I'm loving these. There are a few tricks with these. One is never let them go past 1/3rd or they gurgle. Also gently blowing in them keeps pressure in there and helps the vacuum. I love my two ets's, they're my work vape when I feel like some mouth to lung. There are a few other tricks with them but I assure you those vertical coils are the best! I can tell you a few more tricks if you want to give them another shot, just let me know.

Happy vaping!:smokie:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Shorter draws - not fully vaporizing
Lower air settings - increasing liquid transfer
long periods sitting - increasing transfer
To low wattage - not fully vaporizing
Poor sealing - increased liquid transfer

All can cause increased chances of leaking.

and there is still no need for a voltage recommendation.
A series Mod running 8.4v set to 7w puts out the same as a 3.7v mod set to 7w. well below any unregulated mod running a 1.8 ohm coil at 4.2v = 10watts

Last edited:

Nikita Marinko

Jul 14, 2015
When I got my ET-S it came with the bigger holes. I bought a second coil that day and for nearly 3 mos I kept swapping between the two, granted they weren't my all day vape so they lasted. I was using high VG juice at 12 watts and never a dry hit! Bought another ET-S last week from eBay and it came with the small holes. Funny because I was certain the small holes was the one that wasn't original. I didn't even use it, I actually drilled the holes out and did my first vertical coil build. Was working flawlessly at 15-16 watts with high VG juice.

I'm sorry to hear you've got problems with yours. I'm loving these. There are a few tricks with these. One is never let them go past 1/3rd or they gurgle. Also gently blowing in them keeps pressure in there and helps the vacuum. I love my two ets's, they're my work vape when I feel like some mouth to lung. There are a few other tricks with them but I assure you those vertical coils are the best! I can tell you a few more tricks if you want to give them another shot, just let me know.

Happy vaping!:smokie:

The thing is when I bought my first bvc coil clearo it was aspire mini nova with bvc. That one had the thing with 1/3 gurgle. So I thought maybe its because im using 510 on ego battery. So i bought a ce5 with bvc to no avail gurgling instantly. Decided to buy aspire et with bdc and have almost zero problems (sometimes it drips onto battery). So today I got the bvc and bdc coils to test out and the bvc do gurgle both, doesnt matter how I try (more volts, different tightening of the base into clearo [firstly I tried really lose, and they gurgled so I took em out shook em and blew through them to get juice out and tighter more = no help] they always gurgle after two puffs) Funny thing is they do not gurgle if I draw VERY HARD, like super fast = but that means no hit and just lame vaping. Airflow is probably not a problem since I feel that they draw much easier and fuller, but even if I try to draw very lightly, or with one airhole on base covered they still gurgle. For some reason the bdc coils with two holes are what works for me.
What I liked about the bvc (when using mini nova) was the real nice taste and vapor. But bdc coils dont seem to be that much different.

Anyway question! Do you store your bottom coils (bdcs bvcs) upside down when not using or upright?

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
This is what I have exactly. Except one of them is 1,8 3V-5V and the other one is 1,8 4,2V-5V which is wierd.
anyway, im done with bvcs... I will stick to bdcs. I was hyped about how much hype the bvcs got but all of them always gurgle like crazy for me. The weird one gurgled and the more genuine looking one (as Im used too) gurgled too. Am I doing something wrong (I used to screw in the base very tight when I started using bvc, so with the new ones I tried finger tight, just when my fingers start to slip on the base so that it is very easy to unscrew)? (with the bdcs it doesnt matter much how I screw its always good) Bdc coils never gurgle for me. Only thing that comes to my mind is that the bvc coils have4 holes instead of 2. I feel that the airflow is much higher with the bvc unlike the tighter draws the bdcs give me. I tried covering one of the outside holes on the clearo base to see if it makes a difference but no.
Guess its no luck for me with bvc coils.
I am using vision spinner II btw.

Aspire revised their voltage recommendation. They posted to that effect, months ago, on their forum, prior to making a change to the recommendation printed on the coils themselves.

I think you have a genuine coil there. I suspect they have changed over to cotton wicking in the small BVCs, from the cotton wrapped ceramic they were using, just as they did with the Nautilus.

That would explain the larger juice holes.

They got larger when they made the switch in wicking material on the Nautilus too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread