Praxis Clone (Copper) by Infinite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumbler

Feb 6, 2015
SAN JOSE
Recently picked this up at:
Praxis Mechanical MOD Clone by Infinite - EVcigarettes.com

Before I get to my impression of the mod, first time ordering from evcigarettes I must say they shipped this out in a quick and timely manner, have some great coupon codes available through the forums here, they checked the mod to make sure it fired then sealed the box adding their own labeled seal before shipping.

As many people have said the button may be too stiff for some but for my preference it works nicely, I'm hoping my copper derringer clone comes in tomorrow so I can update with more pictures. Also I have been personally working on acquiring an authentic airflow ring to create the "vortex" so be sure to check back Ill update as time goes.

Day 1:
IMG_1654.jpg IMG_1653.jpg

Day 3: So I decided to leave the button pressed in overnight in the tube to make it less springy, maybe its just placebo but my button throw seems much more manageable now, my derringer is at the post office, pics soon im planning on throwing on a 26g dual 8 wrap on a 2.5mm.

Last edited:

Kaoself

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
I'm assuming the same thing undoubtedly works for clones as for originals; to shorten the button throw you can attach an 8x1mm or similar size magnet to the negative post of your battery. Any size at least that of the negative button contact in the centre of the delrin. I have mine super short so that it fires with pretty much just sliding the lock in.

Wilazn

Verified Member
Feb 13, 2015
New York, NY
I'm assuming the same thing undoubtedly works for clones as for originals; to shorten the button throw you can attach an 8x1mm or similar size magnet to the negative post of your battery. Any size at least that of the negative button contact in the centre of the delrin. I have mine super short so that it fires with pretty much just sliding the lock in.

no voltage drop with that method? any idea where i can get such a magnet?

Kaoself

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
no voltage drop with that method? any idea where i can get such a magnet?

I don't know about voltage drop as I've never tested; but considering quite a few mods such as the 4Nine use magnetic contact in their buttons I wouldn't imagine it would be of much concern.
These are the ones I use: https://www.fasttech.com/p/1090500 I'd guess that some of the vape stores in your area would probably have some spare magnets of various sizes too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread