Praxis Mod Clone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have information on either the praxis mod authentic or clone?

Rip Trippers reviewed this product on YouTube. It's meant to be the hardest hitting mech mod he has come across thus far - keep in mind he was talking about the stainless steel version (and not the brass). This is due to minimal threading and an innovative firing switch. If I remember correctly, he said it had a .25 voltage drop on a .25 ohm build. I'm stumped that this product doesn't seem very popular - as there are not many reviews for the praxis. The clone comes in copper and surely it must be a straight up beast. But I'm not sure...

Any info...? :confused:

Last edited:

cavemanlefancy

Nov 6, 2014
Saginaw MI
I just received mine from FT and i love it, yes it hits like a train and yes you and everybody else who is not used to the button will look like algernon trying to make this thing fire, but once you get it down it really is a breeze and the best thing is the peace of mind knowing it wont autofire. and the hybrid top cap is actually really awesome. usually the top cap will come out right with the tty and you just pop in a new battery and keep on going. Im using a praxis with a plume veil 1.5 and does it chuck the vapor. Its also very good looking IMO. so if you're considering it id say go for it.

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
Do you guys know the manufacturer of the praxis you got? I really want one, but wanna make sure I get a good clone.

Also, does anyone know who makes the best praxis clone atm ?

:: sent from android with tapatalk ::
Infinite makes all 3 praxis metal options, if i was going to get one thats the 1 id go for just out of past experience with them. I do plan on getting a copper one, ive always wanted to know what that button was like, but dont want to spend the money on an authentic considering i have enough copper mods as is, but for some reason i really want this mod lol.

Gummy Bare

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
San Diego, California
I've seen some reviews were some atomizers with longer 510's will make the mod auto fire when screwed on. I still want one, but seems like it's not without some known issues. Like the auto fire, and the sharp edge on the tube that the switch will catch on. I guess some fine sanding fixes the switch hangup issue though.

I know there's a v2 of the original, no immediate visual differences. But I think they tried to work on the switch a bit more to fix some issues.. I've never seen a v2 clone of one yet though.

:: sent from android with tapatalk ::

jchisholm

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2014
Nova Scotia
Is the switch that much of a pain though? Ive always wanted to try one but no shops near me have any.

Put it this way if your hands are slippery and you have a smooth ss tube you'll be smacking your drip tip into your teeth a lot as you try to get the correct position on the switch.
The switch in principle sounds great but in reality it is a temperamental, VERY crunchy PITA. Yes you can spend hours filing, sanding and
caressing it to be a bit smoother but should you have to?
I have both, the SMPL has one less set of threads and the switch action and overall "feel" can't be beat.
But yea if you want to try the neat Praxis switch go ahead, you will be ordering a SMPL shortly thereafter.

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
Put it this way if your hands are slippery and you have a smooth ss tube you'll be smacking your drip tip into your teeth a lot as you try to get the correct position on the switch.
The switch in principle sounds great but in reality it is a temperamental, VERY crunchy PITA. Yes you can spend hours filing, sanding and
I have both, the SMPL has one less set of threads and the switch action and overall "feel" can't be beat.
But yea if you want to try the neat Praxis switch go ahead, you will be ordering a SMPL shortly thereafter.
Then i guess its a good thing i own 2 smpls huh? Lol. I would still love to try the switch, if for nothing more then just my curiosity. But im not too fond of smashing my teeth up. I really wanted that copper one but ill put my money towards something else.

Mediakiller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Denver, CO

I have NEVER hit my teeth while using my Praxis. Maybe I have a firm grip? I really like the locking feature being integrated into the firing button. That is the draw for me and I'm sure other owners too.

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
A clone. And it hits HARD, plus there was a definite break-in period.
Yeah i figured the break in period had to be done especially with this mod. Im so torn, maybe ill just order it anyway lol. I wonder why this mod hits so hard, ive heard that from a couple people now.

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
Because the RDA touches the battery by my reasoning. There is no intermediate pin. It makes it more compact as well.
True, i just figured since it was stainless steel and a brass negative pin it wouldnt be as hard as say an all copper mod? I could be wrong of course, i know all this is subjective and only opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread