Probable cause for burning plastic smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

logbas34

Feb 1, 2010
louisville
I have an innovapor 510. I do not use carts I drip and I drip so much that I've ruined my batteries and just am bout ready to give up vaping because of the horrible smell I get..

Here is the smell, try it and see how this works for you.

I suck with my mouth until my mouth is full of vapor 2-3 sec sucking (and don't use lungs to breathe it in I just let it sit in my mouth for a sec.
When I blow it out slowly I smell the vapor.... Omg!'!!!! It smells like it's burning plastic! If I breathe in with my lungs then let it out no smell..
I'm worried I am filtering some type of burnt nylon fumes and it's storing in my lungs..

So I start an expiriment!

I took apart my atty. To where I could see the coil and wrapped inside the coil is some kind of nylon or polyester fiber!
Considering I drip and took out the bridge and fiberglass wick above the coil and am still getting that burnt smell it must be that stuff inbetween the atomizer coil!
So I unwrapped my coil carful not to break it pulled out the fiber. When I went to see if it worked I did a dry burn and broke the coil so I did the same technique with another atty this time I dripped to much in and broke the battery!
Could this be the whole burning smell problem because the fibers are touching the coils and burning.?
Keep in mind I drip way too much so don't say oh it's dry it's not dry

Only other thing maybe could he I'm vaping VG and I am worried about acrolein!

One last thing.. To give you a reference on how it feels try n vape
through your nose, seriously put it up to ur nose and breathe in through ur nose, if u get this horrible pain with a bad smell that causes ur head to fly back that's the smell I'm getting !!!

GoodBrew

Moved On
Apr 11, 2010
Northeast
Yeah there were some bad quality control on a batch of the 510 atties and it seemed to get that burnt taste floating around. If you are a dripper just do what you did and remove all the bridge and all from the atties and use em like that. There is a thread out there for this and it is somthing alot of people use and have good results with it.

logbas34

Feb 1, 2010
louisville
Yeah I read that thread but it didn't help me ); Somebody on a forum said that it's a ceramic pin that's between the actual coil well it isn't for innovapor unless IM just really dumb and can't distingush ceramic from polyester -:) It just makes me so mad. You think maybe I should get the m4 model instead of the 510 or would that not help

GoodBrew

Moved On
Apr 11, 2010
Northeast
Its a matter of preference on it I dont see any problems other then the quality control one recently that has affected the 510's at all. They do work goo but you could possible try one of the SLB 510 clones. They work quite well and have a little difference in them for the way there built and such. Plus their cheaper. Ive used both and the only difference I see is the ohm rating being a little higher on the SLB's at 3 ohms versus 2.2 on the Joyes. It just makes the SLB's not get as hot and quite honestly last just as long as you treat them good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread