Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkMarkMark678

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Houston, TX.
Hey folks I just got a Vamo about 2 weeks ago and it was working fine until a couple of days ago.
First it started not firing when i push the button, I either had to push the fire button several time before it fired or change the voltage/wattage up or down to make it fire.
Then I would put a freshly chraged battery in it and the screen would be dim and it would say low V.
Now i put fresh batteries in and the screen lights up very bright and every digit and symbol comes on the screen and stay there until the screen goes off Ive attached a pic. 000 Vamo Clear.jpg

Here is a pic of the batteries im using 000 Batteries.jpg

I dont know what the problem could be and any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

MarkMarkMark678

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Houston, TX.
contact the vendor that you got it from. It should still be under warrenty.

I did that last night and this was her response:
"hi,
i got the problem and i will react it to our production manager and see the way to solve the problem.i will write to you tomorrow."

I just wanted to know if anyone else this issue and see if there was something i could to fix it without having to ship it back to China.
Thanks for the advice though.

Oktyabr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2009
Next to the ocean, WA
oktyabr.wordpress.com
I did that last night and this was her response:
"hi,
i got the problem and i will react it to our production manager and see the way to solve the problem.i will write to you tomorrow."

I just wanted to know if anyone else this issue and see if there was something i could to fix it without having to ship it back to China.
Thanks for the advice though.

Sorry to say it but this is a prime example of why people should seriously consider spending a few more dollars to buy a Vamo from a vendor on THIS side of the ocean. Some of the Chinese vendors offer very attractive pricing but you get what you pay for and convenience of resolving customer service issues should be a part of that equation. Had you purchased it from Exhale (I pick on them because they are also in Texas) you probably wouldn't have even bothered to start this thread because you'd already have a replacement for it.

That said, as a Vamo fan, I have yet to read about this issue before now... or a fix. Let us know if you find a way to correct the problem?

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
You need to stick with IMR batteries (18650s or 18350s) or Panasonic hybrid CGR18650CHs. Your ICR batteries don't work particularly well with VAMOs. They may not be providing enough power or the protection circuit might be causing issues.

You can search on this site for a brick and mortar store near you to see if they have batteries. If that doesn't work you can order batteries from Exhale which is in Texas. Use the coupon code VaporJoes11Percent for a discount.

Efest 18350 IMR battery (800mAh)
Efest 18650 IMR battery (2000mAh)

Pur3Rush

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Southern California
Use the efest imr or Panasonic. I was so ...... that I ordered some trustfire's and they just would not work properly. I would get 2 good draws, then the screen would blink. It wouldn't even turn back on without removing the battery and reinserting. I am a efest fan though. I believe Panasonic is top of the line.

White Rabbit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread