Protank 3 rebuild help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Popular

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2013
New Mexico
Probably not the right place for this, but I am not thinking as clearly as I should be. Just got back from the ER after hurting myself and the docs got me on the "good meds" for a few days.

So, I have been rebuilding my Protank 2 for a long while now. A friend of mine gave me a mini Protank 3 and I seem to be having some wicking issues. I use 32ga Kanthal A-1, organic cotton. to make single coils in the deeper protank 3 well. Every time I wick the thing it becomes a straw and sucks up soo much juice. I have tried thick wicks, thin wicks, flavor wicks, no flavor wicks. Double flavor wicks, cotton under the coil with flavor wicks. It's strange. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
Probably not the right place for this, but I am not thinking as clearly as I should be. Just got back from the ER after hurting myself and the docs got me on the "good meds" for a few days.

So, I have been rebuilding my Protank 2 for a long while now. A friend of mine gave me a mini Protank 3 and I seem to be having some wicking issues. I use 32ga Kanthal A-1, organic cotton. to make single coils in the deeper protank 3 well. Every time I wick the thing it becomes a straw and sucks up soo much juice. I have tried thick wicks, thin wicks, flavor wicks, no flavor wicks. Double flavor wicks, cotton under the coil with flavor wicks. It's strange. Any help would be appreciated.

I have a brief two part tutorial on how I rebuild PT3 coils. Click on the "2" next to blog entries under my avatar, maybe it will give you some ideas...

Johnny Popular

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2013
New Mexico
I have a brief two part tutorial on how I rebuild PT3 coils. Click on the "2" next to blog entries under my avatar, maybe it will give you some ideas...

Thanks for the reply, and the links. I appreciate the help.

EDIT: That was exactly what I was looking for. Though it was exactly what I had been doing before. Practice makes perfect, Rome wasn't built in a day, and all that jazz. I will keep working on it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread