Protank heads leaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdg

ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2009
Eastern South Dakota
Hey folks,
I've been getting some leaking out of the Kanger Protank heads that I purchased recently. And when I say the heads are leaking, they're leaking from the center post into the 510 connection area. I'm concerned that this would damage a mod if the juice gets inside.
Now, I don't recall my heads doing this in the past, but I also don't think I've ever purchased Kanger heads, either. I have the heads in an Evod BCC, if that makes a difference. Does anyone have a recommendation on either how to stop these heads from leaking, or a brand of heads that don't leak?

Rickb119

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
Greeley, CO, USA
QC on the Kanger heads has really gone down in the past few months.

The problem (IMO) is that there is not enough wick to hold the juice in. Try replacing the flavor wicks with some 100% cotton yarn. Wally World has Peaches and Crème brand that many here use. I rebuild all of mine using cotton cooking twine from BBY. Or, you could try a little cotton from a cotton ball (as the flavor wick).

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
QC on the Kanger heads has really gone down in the past few months.

The problem (IMO) is that there is not enough wick to hold the juice in. Try replacing the flavor wicks with some 100% cotton yarn. Wally World has Peaches and Crème brand that many here use. I rebuild all of mine using cotton cooking twine from BBY. Or, you could try a little cotton from a cotton ball (as the flavor wick).

That is one theory.:glare:

Check All Seal areas.
With Tank empty and Base off, place thumb over Base opening. Now you should have a sealed tank. Draw air out. It should reach a point you can no longer draw air. If not, the center tube or tank wall may be leaking.
Inspect the top of the center tube. It is only press fit and may be loose or deformed.

Inspect the seal on the Base that seals to the tank.
Make sure the wick is tight and seal seated.
Check Chimney to center pipe seal - any slack and e-liquid can be drawn into the tube to eventually drain to the bottom.

All BCC tanks are Vacuum dependent. An air leak is serious.
Air in = e-liquid out.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
To a point a minimal about of liquid showing up on the battery is in the realm of normal. The liquids are non-conductive so it doesn't hurt anything.

If the suggestions by crxess don't change anything there is another possibility: You have run a plastic tank killer liquid through you EVOD and the plastic liner now has a crack in it. See "vacuum stuff" posted by crxess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread