Status
Not open for further replies.

jac1766

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2013
The 6th circle
I love Mt Baker Vapor's prices and service. I'm not quite thrilled about the aftertaste of the vapes, though.
I'm running a Smoktech winder with a Kanger Pro tank, so I won't blame the equipment.

Does any other vendor come close on price with a better juice?

I'm not dissing MBV, I will continue to deal with them. But every other place I look is twice the price for juice....:blink:

dtrud0h

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2013
Maine
Never bought from MBV and I have no idea of their prices or quality. That being said, try good life vapor. Their flavors are amazing, most juices are available @ 70ml. for +/- $25.00 and their service is excellent. I'm not affiliated with them but read the "Better than Bobas" thread and tried the 'El Kamino'. I'm a lifer with GLV now. YMMV.

Sent from my XT901 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

dtrud0h

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2013
Maine
I also tried the pro tanks, but noticed all my juices were tasting like burnt tires or trash. Switched to an $8.00 phoenix dripper with mesh wick and I'll never use a tank again(maybe). Gonna try the aga-t again and give the Richmond another shot, but I'm loving the drippers.

Nicadmus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
Portland, Oregon, United States
I will second the Good Life Vapor suggestion. I liked the El Kamino a lot too, along with Deadly Sin. Their prices don't line up with MBV (though few do), but if your buy one of their larger sample packs they become quite reasonable.

EC Blends is priced similar to MBV, but I don't consider them the highest of quality. I had found a couple liquids I liked early on in my vaping career from them, but few I would go back for after tasting other vendors.

Often times, you get the better price break when buying larger amounts, so I would suggest buying smaller samples from a few different vendors until you come across a couple liquids you know you love, and from there buy a larger amount and start the savings!

dtrud0h

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2013
Maine
I am kid and pet free here and recently started DIYing. Even with that I'm a little sketchy when my elderly mother starts gabbing in the middle of a nicotine measurement. Its better to err on the side of caution right? Think lock boxes, late nights and .17¢ /ml. Hard to find recipes that appeal to me and I'm not really creative.
Back on topic, I second the suggestion to try the sample packs. It gives you something to vape and let's you figure out what you like and don't. Also get verified and check out the classifieds here on ECF. There's always great deals for lots (collections) of e-liquid on there.

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    I am a MBV junkie, but wanted to see if the grass was greener on the other side, and I did find a few new flavors I really like, the way I did it, was just look around who is doing sales, you can normally match if not better MBV prices with sales that go on at different times with different vendors, best so far was I got 2 15mls for $6.40 and that included shipping, so 30mls for $6.40, better than MBV ;) this deal was through the vapor room, they was doing a new juice called strawberry punch 15ml for $5, and new customers can request a free 15ml sample, and then they was doing $1 shipping, I added a extra flavor shot which added to the total, but then used a coupon too, the strawberry punch wasn't my thing, but my wife really likes, and the free sample was graham cracker, which I do really like.

So just scan the forums for suppliers doing sales, just be warned, I did get a few good juices on my venture of trying different vendors, but got more bad than good, apart from the few I do like, I will be sticking with MBV, even with sales, to expensive when you don't like 75% of the juices.

tatterz

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 28, 2013
    dfw, tx
    Wow, I'm thrilled with all the GLV posts here. I got 5 bottles commin to try. I like vendors who try to perfect their smaller selection of flavors rather than to go for quantity and dish out terrible quality (cough MBV, DFW Vapor).
    Going through their flavors - Almost all of them is something I want to try. I mean, Orange Tic Tac? I want that! I'm so eager to try El Kemino, Deadly Sin, Melon Boba, and Baja Blast.

Susan W.

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 30, 2013
    Torrance, CA
    We all know it's fairly cheap to make flavored juices even when purchasing the quality flavoring. That's why so many people are making their own with success. MBV has figured out how to keep operating costs low and still have speedy service. That's worth something. And I'm not seeing any difference coffee e-juice I got for $12.50/15ml and any of the coffee flavors I've tried from MBV. Let us know what places sell the "Lamborghini" juices as I've yet to find them. I'm not saying that the $12.50/15ml juice is bad, it's just not better.

You won't find quality juice for their prices. There's a reason mbv is so cheap. That's like asking where can i get a Lamborghini for Focus prices lol you CAN'T...you get what you pay for

OhaiKrikket

ECF Veteran

Chief Thunder

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 30, 2012
    Maryland
    www.g2vapor.com
    We all know it's fairly cheap to make flavored juices even when purchasing the quality flavoring. That's why so many people are making their own with success. MBV has figured out how to keep operating costs low and still have speedy service. That's worth something. And I'm not seeing any difference coffee e-juice I got for $12.50/15ml and any of the coffee flavors I've tried from MBV. Let us know what places sell the "Lamborghini" juices as I've yet to find them. I'm not saying that the $12.50/15ml juice is bad, it's just not better.

You really can't compare DIY to a vendor.
    That's the same as cooking at home vs a restaurant.
    I can make a mean steak, but I still enjoy going to Ruth Chris and getting a truly fantastic steak.
    Cigarettes cost about 10cents each to make and sell for $8+.
    $300 designer jeans cost about $8 to make.
    There's an old saying "you get what you pay for" if they found a way to cut costs you should be asking yourself what inferior ingredients are they using?

Also most of your "Lamborghini" juices do not sell direct to the public, which means they actually probably make less per bottle than a MBV.
    So now you ask, well why don't they just sell direct to the public then?
    They have choosen to focus their time and resorses to develop high end liquid, if they had to also ship individual orders, maintain a commerce website, deal with CS, and 100 other little deals then surely that juice quality would take a backseat.

Just my 2cents. Take it for what it's worth.

TheGirlfriend

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 27, 2012
    Plano TX
    Now I'm curious what people consider Lamborghini vendors, if not five pawn or the standard.

You're all set to DIY now, so cool-- I haven't bought from High Dessert yet but I liked their set-up for DIY and buying ready-made.

I would suggest signing up to every company's newsletter so you get notices when there's sales. I just got a coupon in my email from Hope e-liquids for 25% off (never ordered from them but considered it for the 4th.)

also, plan your big buys (of juices you already know you like) around the fourth of july and christmas. I'm sure there's a few other big sales sprinkled around the year but I think those are the big ones where it's easy to find the deals and so easy to plan.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread