Question about Aluminum Vape Products

Status
Not open for further replies.

katwb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2014
Calhoun, GA
This may sound crazy - but I have a concern about aluminum products - and here is my reason - and would love to have other thoughts.
Both my grandfather, uncle, mother and my mothers identical twin all died with Altzhiemers. Needless to say - during all this me and my family did a lot of research on the subject. It was found during the autopsies of those who had died from the diseases (non in my family had the autopsy) patients were found to have an unusual high amount of aluminum in their brains. At one point it was believed it to be one of the possible causes - even though they haven't found a definite cause that I am aware of yet. With Altziemers already running strong in my family - me and my sister were told by Emory University in Atlanta (where my mother was treated), that it wasn't a matter of if either she or I would have the disease - it was a matter of which one of us - if not both. All that being said .... I am concerned in using any vape products that have aluminum. I am sure I have used several and not aware of .... and there are MANY products I do use that come in aluminum or use aluminum .... but none that I put heat to and inhale
Has anyone else had this concern??

p7willm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2014
Lansdale, PA, USA
As far as I know there have been no studies of aluminum on vaping. No studies of how all the various chemicals in eliquid break it down, how temperature affects it, etc.

Vaping has only been going on for about 10 years so the time period is far too short for any meaningful study except to note that there is not obvious immediate harm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread