Status
Not open for further replies.

nemiez

Jan 15, 2015
georgia
Hey guys, I just bought an atlantis mega and cfmaxx today. So far I'm loving it but I do have one question. On the website it states that it is compatible with 0.3-5.0 ohms but on the 0.3 ohm coils it says 70w-80w. The problem being the cfmaxx only goes to 50 watts. All i need to know is if its safe for me to use the 0.3 coil with it.

The specs are as follows.
3000mah
4.2v
5-50w.

Thanks in advance.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
On the website it states that it is compatible with 0.3-5.0 ohms but on the 0.3 ohm coils it says 70w-80w. The problem being the cfmaxx only goes to 50 watts. All i need to know is if its safe for me to use the 0.3 coil with it.
Yes.

The wattage ranges printed on the coil are just the manufacturers suggestions for where the coil *MIGHT* perform the best.

Like all coils, start low and dial your wattage or voltage up until you find a setting that works well for you. If you start getting "dry hits" dial things down a notch or two.

Last edited:
Reactions: dhood

WonderDude32

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
Clarksville, TN
I didn't believe it was possible for coils to run too low until recently. I was given an eGo One tank with .5 coils and was running it around 12 watts. Had issues with it for days. I don't believe that you must run at the recommended power but it wouldn't hurt to be close. Maybe 50 watts would be ok. You might want to look into a Kanger Subtank mini. It runs coils between 20-50 watts with no problems. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread