Question about the Extra coil w/ Aspire Atlantis v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

aburk3

May 10, 2015
Right now I'm using the Aspire CF Sub Battery with the Aspire Atlantis v2. It's my first tank/battery setup. The Atlantis v2 came with an extra coil that is .5 ohms instead of the .3 which came inside of the tank. Will my battery handle the .5 coil fine? Or better than the .3? The tank has been hitting great (with the .3) on my CF sub, but will it hit even better once I let the .3 burn out and switch? I'm new to vaping so I'm not entirely sure on how to figure out the capacity of batteries to handle certain coils.

Also, when I run out of coils would it be better for me to buy more .5's? or .3's?

Thanks!

Reactions: Metal Storm

Rsunderl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2014
Silver Spring, MD, USA
View media item 427907Hi Aburk3 and welcome to the forum!

Yes, your battery (mod) will handle the .5 ohm coil just fine. As far as "better" is concerned, that's subjective. it really depends on what you like. Tryp both coils and see which you like better.

I'd suggest doing it while both coils are still good (they do need to be replaced after a while). That way, you know which to buy before you are stuck with no coils and waiting for your mail to arrive.

Hope it helps and Happy Vaping!

SwirlyFrisker

Feb 2, 2015
Seattle, WA
Rsunderl pretty much covered it. Your battery is made to handle low resistance coils. But the lower the resistance the higher the power output. So it really just depends if you want a stronger vape, generally coils in Sub Ohm tanks last about a week, give or take a few days. When you start to notice flavor and vapor production starting to go down then it's time to change coils. Try both and see what you tend to gravitate towards, it's really all about how you prefer to vape. But please take it upon yourself to learn Ohm's Law and battery safety.

Good luck!!

aburk3

May 10, 2015
View media item 427907Hi Aburk3 and welcome to the forum!

Yes, your battery (mod) will handle the .5 ohm coil just fine. As far as "better" is concerned, that's subjective. it really depends on what you like. Tryp both coils and see which you like better.

I'd suggest doing it while both coils are still good (they do need to be replaced after a while). That way, you know which to buy before you are stuck with no coils and waiting for your mail to arrive.

Hope it helps and Happy Vaping!

So if I want more vapor the .5's would be the way to go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread