Question about Using Battery Sled in Wooden Box Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

amurphy

Jul 26, 2014
Austin, TX, USA
I've been looking around at DIY wooden box mods, and now I want to build one for myself. After building a dual 26650 OKR-T10 and having to cram all the wiring together, I'm searching for something that I can dictate the size of. I'm looking to build a dual 18650 box, with a SX350 chip. I haven't seen any wooden box mods that use a Keystone sled, and I was wondering if it would really be that difficult to construct my own contacts for the batteries out of copper wire, or if I should just stick to the sled, since I will be pushing 60 watts on this build.

Also, I've seen a post showing that someone used hobby wood from Home Depot as the body of their enclosure. I'm wondering if there is another type of wood that I could use that would look a lot more....high quality, is the phrase I'm looking for, I guess, but will also stand the test of time, even with a finish on it.

Thanks in advance, and I'm sorry if my ignorance on this subject offends you haha. Just trying to find my way in the wonderful world of modding.

Visus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2013
United States
Homemade copper contacts have oxidizing issues.
The copper oxidizes uber fast lots of resistance
You can use old electronics bat plates if you wanna use household items
solder a battery plate from em to the top of a copper spring
or just use it as is

There has been a post about battery resistive contact testing done and the keystone contacts on the 18650 1042/1048 sleds are the best
by quite a margin

Cliff note:
There were issues with the dna20/30 at full wattage resetting because the battery contacts had to much resistance in them and also certain batteries had to much internal resistance.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...y-holder-contact-resistance-measurements.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread