Question: Brain Numbness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Headclot

Sep 21, 2015
Hi everyone,

I'm a fairly experienced vaper, been doing it for around 4 years now. I haven't asked any questions online yet because most of the answers I needed I could always find. But I'd like to share something I haven't seen talked about anywhere else. After a vape in the evening, depending on how much I vape, in the mornings when I wake up it feels like part of my brain is literally asleep. It's the weirdest feeling. You know how when your foot falls asleep? That's how it feels for me, but it's a chunk inside my head. As soon as I wake up I can feel blood rushing back to the spot and it "waking up" just like an asleep foot.

I've tried a lot of different things to avoid this problem. Currently I'm on .06 concentration and pure VG liquid. It's helped a little (switching from standard mix at 1.8) but not much. In fact, while some problems went away when I went off PG, I think the brain numbness might have actually gotten worse. I wasn't a smoker before this. I've gone so far as to get a blood oxygen tester and test myself in the mornings. My theory was that I wasn't breathing right while asleep and running low on oxygen, but the oxygen meter always says I'm at 98% which is fine. If anyone has any insights I'd love to hear them. Frankly, this problem feels so unhealthy to me I think I need to quit vaping for good unless I can solve it. I hope you folks can help me out, thanks for reading.

HardCoil

Unresolved Status
Aug 22, 2015
Malaysia
Hi,

I have had this similar feelings before but mostly around my lower tummy and my upper arms and sometimes the chest. But it was kind of a "One Of" thing I had. Never had the experience ever since. Maybe different people have different effects on their body when vaping. I have heard many funny and unorthodox stories before. Ranging from hyperactivity to Bob Marley hazy blues.
I am not an expert and I have been wrong many times before. Thats just me...

Maybe you should ask your doctor about it? Have it checked out properly?

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
Not all of life's problems are caused by vaping... This has got to be the weirdest I've read.

1989572.jpg

Spencer87

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jakarta- Indonesia
Haha.
Usually I cannot feel my brain, this seems like the issue is that you can feel a part of your brain.
Since numbness like your hand falling asleep is caused by restricted bloodflow to the affected area due to a position in which you were... If your brain feels like this, you may assume that it is also caused by a resticted blood flow.
Since the Brain requires a lot of blood, A restriction of blood flow could lead to death.
So you should go to the doctor and get it checked on.
Now, I am sure you are stressing out about this. In your stress, you probably would like to calm your nerves. Have a vape!

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Likelihood of a match = low.
You mentioned it's when you get up in the AM, and this does seem a weird connection to vaping, so I'll throw this out there. I used to have a bizarre "numb skull" sensation that took like 10 years to diagnose, that would instantly go away if I'd lay on my back. Didn't feel like it was "brain" - it felt like i was wearing a very tight hat.
Anyway - turned out to be something in my spine. Eventually, I had to get it fixed.
Bottom line - go to a doctor, and make them try hard to figure it out.

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
This sounds as though it's a physical problem, such as circulation. I doubt it's related to vaping. You need to see a doctor immediately.

BTW: if you've never smoked any amount of nicotine can cause weird sensations. I smoked 2 packs a day for over 20 years and if I vape too much nicotine I get a headache. You, never smoking before, could be getting too much nicotine. Go to zero nic! But... Please see a doctor!

Reactions: Coldrake

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    All this talk of vaping and bloodflow -- maybe, maybe not ---- some things with the body may "feel" or "seem" like they are blood flow problems but they are not --- Sometimes neurologic problems can have similar symptoms -- You need to see a good Doctor for sure -- neurologic problems are something I know lots about from personal experience.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    Hi everyone,

I'm a fairly experienced vaper, been doing it for around 4 years now. I haven't asked any questions online yet because most of the answers I needed I could always find. But I'd like to share something I haven't seen talked about anywhere else. After a vape in the evening, depending on how much I vape, in the mornings when I wake up it feels like part of my brain is literally asleep. It's the weirdest feeling. You know how when your foot falls asleep? That's how it feels for me, but it's a chunk inside my head. As soon as I wake up I can feel blood rushing back to the spot and it "waking up" just like an asleep foot.

I've tried a lot of different things to avoid this problem. Currently I'm on .06 concentration and pure VG liquid. It's helped a little (switching from standard mix at 1.8) but not much. In fact, while some problems went away when I went off PG, I think the brain numbness might have actually gotten worse. I wasn't a smoker before this. I've gone so far as to get a blood oxygen tester and test myself in the mornings. My theory was that I wasn't breathing right while asleep and running low on oxygen, but the oxygen meter always says I'm at 98% which is fine. If anyone has any insights I'd love to hear them. Frankly, this problem feels so unhealthy to me I think I need to quit vaping for good unless I can solve it. I hope you folks can help me out, thanks for reading.

First, stop vaping! Specially with nicotine. Nic like caffeine constricts your blood vessels and that could be causing it. If the symptoms go away after a couple of days you'll know it was caused by vaping.

Even if the symptoms stop I would still see a doctor. What you describe is not normal for vaping. Tell them that you vape(d) nicotine and the other ingredients of your juices and tell them your symptoms. You could have health issues that need to be known and treated.

Good luck with it :thumb:

Reactions: Gfdeputy2
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread